Track day organizers. Idea for 2011? - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Track day organizers. Idea for 2011?

Re: Track day organizers. Idea for 2011?

Motoshark -- sound more like a "Big Ride" then a Track Day -
    So many members have mentioned the cons doing this - I just don't think it would work - but for the everyday "joe" who wants to do a "track day" or enjoy the experience of riding around the track - the best option is rent a bike / or make his/her own bike track ready --

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1Oakville View Post
    Motoshark -- sound more like a "Big Ride" then a Track Day -
    --
    Well, if you think about it, it IS a big ride. Ride to the track, ride the track, then ride home.

GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

Dealer/Vendor

I have been intrigued by where this thread was going to go since its inception, but was unable to post as we have been at the track since this tread was posted.

Glad to hear that the majority get that this UK trackday as novel as it may be, is really just a marketing gimmick for a large magazine.
    Any organizer that promotes inexperienced track day riders to ride their bikes to the track, without prepping or having a means to get home should the unfortunate occur is irresponsible.

We come across the occasional rider that has ridden to the track and make sure that we go out of our way to make sure that they have everything they need, use our canopy, give them full access to our coolers, and send one of our racers with them for the first two or three sessions. I always appreciate the enthusiasm that these riders have and that they are getting to the track any way they can. That being said we still do not promote it.

the Racer5 program was made specifically for people that want to try out the track at a low cost, low stress environment and fast track them to a succcesful track experience with some of the best instruction in North America.

For as little as $229 (including the bike rental, instruction, and trackday fees!) we give anyone the oppurtunity to try out the track with no commitment. We had a student last thursday have a full day one on one session with a very well known instructor with our Stage1 program!

The effectiveness of this program was proven this past weekend when Jack Di Cosimo (a student that graduated on Thursday from stage 5) helped pilot the Racer5 Endurance Racer to a second place finish overall in this past weekends SOAR 3 hour endurance race, a team of recent graduates of Stage 3 Francis, Kerem and Claudia, finished 3rd in the GTU class!(proud of you guys! ) These are all riders that attended our schools and trackdays with no prior race, and except for one no track experience!

It's in an oraganizers best interest to invest money and effort into new riders as they can educate them and build a safe clientele that attends their days, build a strong client/ organizer relationship, and create a fun environment in general that more riders will want to participate in.

Fawaz
    www.Racer5.ca
    Last edited by RACER5; 09-13-2010 at 11:22 AM.

Fawaz, you folks are doing an awesome job, and although I know the season's just about done, I still have no reservations about sending folks your way. I haven't yet spoken to the other rider whom we discussed on Sunday, but I sure hope a track bike is in his future, too.