Hi Guys,

Panic attack right now:

Here's the narrative: I had a recog granted, on the grounds that I pay a deposit first. The judge signed my yellow papers, said I have 30 days to pay the deposit, handed papers back, and called for the next person. I had no opportunity to talk back, unsure what just happened I said thanks and walked back to the appeals office downstairs (Old City Hall).

I told the clerk that I can't afford the deposit now or in 30 days. I ask the clerk to give me another opportunity/paper work for another recog, with another judge, a judge/JOP who actually has the patience to read the paper work I wrote in support of my recognizance. It stated my financial situation there, which he never even glanced at. The clerk said that's not possible and for me to go back to that same court session.

So ran upstairs, sort of added myself to the docket again, the very end, told the judge that 30 days isn't possible, he gave me 60 days But I don't remember if this was on the record or off....

I'm panicing right now, because I'm looking at my paper work right now, it says 30 days, not 60 days...

Here are my questions, and I will called the Appeals Court tomorrow morning to verify this, but I can't freaking sleep right without asking this question:

Anyone know anything about recogs? Can they be re-applied, and in my case, if I passed the 30 day phase, have I dishonered it? The recog, I like to think, starts when the deposit is made, but I don't know.

I'll explain what this process means and keep you guys posted tomorrow, I just want to create this thread, and see if anyone is as messed up as me when it comes to traffic tickets and can understand these rituals.

For the record, the telephone number to the Appeals Court, in all of Toronto, is 416-327-5878, in case someone searches. The only thing feels good right now is if I can help someone prevent what I'm feeling right now, facked.