Riding in the Rain - question

Thread: Riding in the Rain - question

Riding in the Rain - question

Hey guys,

Got my bike a week ago, and the other day I forgot to check the weather and found myself stuck in the middle of a bad rainstorm (although it only lasted about 5 minutes)

I was just about home, otherwise I would of stopped and waited it out.

My question is this, when riding in the rain (if you have no choice), what is the best way to keep your vision clear? Cars have windsheild wipers, but our helmets done.

FaceSheild down was insanely hard to see, Facesheild up let rain go into my face/eyes, I put the sheild halfway down and that seemed to work best.

What do you think?

Re: Riding in the Rain - question

Some gloves have little rubber wipers on them. If you're going fast enough just turn your head to one side and the other. The wind will blow it clean.

Congrats on the new bike.
    to us there was nothing but girls and machines.....

If you are moving turn your head to the side every once and awhile. The wind will clear the water from the shield. Slower speeds/stop & go just wipe with your glove.

As for the fogging up different lids or better or worse for this. My current helmet doesn't fog up in the wet, but my last one I had to keep cracked a little bit to keep clear.
    95 RS125 (track), 05 DL650 (street), 89 FZR400 (project)

Buy a spray bottle of rain x and put some on your visor.... It really helps. Otherwise move your head from side to side. The movement will keep your visor clear as someone above already mentioned.
    Caught between the good girl, bad girl thing

Support my fight to end cancer in our lifetime - UPDATED 2012
    http://www.conquercancer.ca/goto/BikerCat13

04' VStar 1100
    '08 Suzuki Boulevard S40
    '74 CB360T

Instructor www.learningcurves.ca/

you can google seeblade, super cheap and straps to your thumb to wipe it clean, just keep it in your tail. I know what you're saying at speeds under 70k turning your head side to side does nothing, i dont find it that bad tho just kinda accept the lack of vision and leave myself lots of distance for stopping.
    Driving a cage is to have sanity forced upon you.