2010 Corduroy 2 Day Enduro - Sept 18 & 19

Thread: 2010 Corduroy 2 Day Enduro - Sept 18 & 19

Exclamation 2010 Corduroy 2 Day Enduro - Sept 18 & 19

Gooderham, Ontario

This is dubbed as Canada's toughest race...can't vouch for that since I don't race them all, but I have raced it the past three years and know it is damn hard.

It's considered a HUGE accomplishment to just complete the two days...

No time keeping...just ride your arse off and wait for your number at the timed sections.

If you ride dirt and have never raced this...you must give er a shot. Racing or enduro experience is not necessary, you just need to be a good rider!

Check out: www.corduroyenduro.ca for more info.

Re: 2010 Corduroy 2 Day Enduro - Sept 18 & 19

Quote Originally Posted by Weddica View Post

No time keeping...just ride your arse off and wait for your number at the timed sections.

Check out: www.corduroyenduro.ca for more info.
    There is indeed time keeping throughout the event. The whole concept about an enduro is all about the time keeping and staying within your minute in every section of the race. In all cases other than the special tests it's not about having the lowest time, but having the correct time.

Special tests within the race are timed separately and you definately want the lowest time. These are used for, among other things, tie breakers should they occur, etc.

The weekend is typically very enjoyable and you definately end up putting a pile of miles on.

Cheers.

Well now,

I just read the "new" rules which do indeed state no timekeeping. Not much of an enduro then, more like a hare scramble. Oh well. I guess I must be getting old.

Yeah, they changed the rules to try and attract more riders. Many riders are intimidated by the time keeping factor (and cost of clocks, route sheets) so have never tried an enduro.

You can't compare this enduro to a harescramble...200 kms through extreme terrain vs. 4 laps of 10-20 km trails...night and day.

Interesting,

My riding involvement in the Cord goes back to the early 2000's when it was still a timed event. I've spent many a day out in those woods so I know all about how grueling it is.

Have fun.