Sunday September 5 - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday September 5

Re: Sunday September 5

Quote Originally Posted by Deee View Post
    No need to get upset. Many riders have gone down at that turn before, and looks like many more will go down. All it takes is quick heads up to new riders and many crashes could be avoided.
    NO need to TROLL.
    A head's up was layed out prior to leaving.
    OK - you come out and lead an 8 hour ride, and show us how it's done

I could only stay for about 1/4 of the ride today, and we passed no less than 15 corners where I've seen riders bin it just this season.
    What's your theory for resolving more crashes on these and other corners?
    (Why do I even bother?)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    NO need to TROLL.
    A head's up was layed out prior to leaving.
    OK - you come out and lead an 8 hour ride, and show us how it's done

I could only stay for about 1/4 of the ride today, and we passed no less than 15 corners where I've seen riders bin it just this season.
    What's your theory for resolving more crashes on these and other corners?
    (Why do I even bother?)
    Being a veteran rider you'd know which locations are the most difficult for new riders such as the snake road turns. Simple "watch out for second left" would suffice.

Ok so you are new to the site and the first thing you do is come in this thread and bash the way that the ride was put together? Were you on the ride? Have you ever been on a ride with me? Or are you just a **** disturber?

As Gary mentioned the pace through snake was very tame. As fir your comment about telling everyone to watch out for the 3rd turn, if you were a newer rider and I said, watch out for the 3rd turn on the fifth road because it is a decreasing turn, the fourth turn on the third road sometimes has gravel, the ninth road second corner has a pothole on the inside tire track, do you think that will be beneficial for the new riders? Or do you think that will be to much trying to remember every turn on every road that I have to warn them about.

I have led many groups of all kinds of rider levels through there with mo problems. Plenty if newer riders and a lot of guys that could make me look like a beginner.

Either shutup or come out and show me the proper way to lead a six hour ride.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    Ok so you are new to the site and the first thing you do is come in this thread and bash the way that the ride was put together? Were you on the ride? Have you ever been on a ride with me? Or are you just a **** disturber?

As Gary mentioned the pace through snake was very tame. As fir your comment about telling everyone to watch out for the 3rd turn, if you were a newer rider and I said, watch out for the 3rd turn on the fifth road because it is a decreasing turn, the fourth turn on the third road sometimes has gravel, the ninth road second corner has a pothole on the inside tire track, do you think that will be beneficial for the new riders? Or do you think that will be to much trying to remember every turn on every road that I have to warn them about.

I have led many groups of all kinds of rider levels through there with mo problems. Plenty if newer riders and a lot of guys that could make me look like a beginner.

Either shutup or come out and show me the proper way to lead a six hour ride.
    I havent bashed anyone, i merely suggested that maybe a warning should be given to individuals who may have never been through there. You guys need to relax a little and stop getting so offended.

I havent bashed anyone, i merely suggested that maybe a warning should be given to individuals who may have never been through there. You guys need to relax a little and stop getting so offended.
    Yo - troll.....You start off with your full throttle bs - I consider that a FULL bash on the leader!!
    Did you read the part about the "pre-ride" meeting?

You have an open invitation to show either Paul, or myself (or anyone else that's interested) how to do as you suggest.
    Main & Dundurn every Tuesday at 6:30 will be about the best time to teach me everything you know about leading - and I'll be all ears.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Yo - troll.....You start off with your full throttle bs - I consider that a FULL bash on the leader!!
    Did you read the part about the "pre-ride" meeting?

You have an open invitation to show either Paul, or myself (or anyone else that's interested) how to do as you suggest.
    Main & Dundurn every Tuesday at 6:30 will be about the best time to teach me everything you know about leading - and I'll be all ears.
    "teach me everything you know about leading - and I'll be all ears." I doubt it, i make one lil suggestion and you guys flip out like children. Carry on, pretend i never even posted in this thread. You guys are clearly the best riders in the world and did everything 100% to lead a safe ride and dont need any input from anyone about anything. You know it all.

this was made into a huge deal wtf? i went home with the rider who went down and he was fine

Quote Originally Posted by x1xMoltoVx3x View Post
    this was made into a huge deal wtf? i went home with the rider who went down and he was fine
    That's good to hear.

Good luck on your 125 and you are welcome to ride with us anytime.
    Cheers.

"teach me everything you know about leading - and I'll be all ears." I doubt it, i make one lil suggestion and you guys flip out like children. Carry on, pretend i never even posted in this thread. You guys are clearly the best riders in the world and did everything 100% to lead a safe ride and dont need any input from anyone about anything. You know it all.
    You cannot be serious. Gary is the best leader I've ridden with and ATTS has managed some of the largest groups I've been with in an extremely safe and organised fashion. We all know anyone can end up off their bike with just a little slip up newb or pro. It just tends to happen more frequently with less experienced riders. Not many people step up to the plate to lead, especially a large group or a group with new riders, give credit where it is due.

Go read some stickies in this forum about group riding and look how much emphasis there is on riding your own ride. It's your responsibility to ride at a comfortable level for yourself and take it easy on unfamiliar roads.

Like ATTS said, even if he went over every turn, there's no way you would remember anything if you haven't been on the roads before anyways. The full throttle comment was kind of arrogant, why are you criticizing someone based on an assumption you made. Your advice was unthoughtful and pinned unfair blame on the leader who went out of his way to organize a safe beginner friendly ride. Don't act surprised that you managed to offend someone.

Posts like yours are ******** because they show ingratitude to the guys going out of their way to make these rides happen. If you don't like them, then no one made you come. For the rest of us current and future new riders that enjoy coming out to these rides and meeting others, please don't make up crap reasons why it was anyone else's responsibility besides the guy on the controls. No disrespect to the down rider intended, it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrn View Post
    You cannot be serious. Gary is the best leader I've ridden with and ATTS has managed some of the largest groups I've been with in an extremely safe and organised fashion. We all know anyone can end up off their bike with just a little slip up newb or pro. It just tends to happen more frequently with less experienced riders. Not many people step up to the plate to lead, especially a large group or a group with new riders, give credit where it is due.

Go read some stickies in this forum about group riding and look how much emphasis there is on riding your own ride. It's your responsibility to ride at a comfortable level for yourself and take it easy on unfamiliar roads.

Like ATTS said, even if he went over every turn, there's no way you would remember anything if you haven't been on the roads before anyways. The full throttle comment was kind of arrogant, why are you criticizing someone based on an assumption you made. Your advice was unthoughtful and pinned unfair blame on the leader who went out of his way to organize a safe beginner friendly ride. Don't act surprised that you managed to offend someone.

Posts like yours are ******** because they show ingratitude to the guys going out of their way to make these rides happen. If you don't like them, then no one made you come. For the rest of us current and future new riders that enjoy coming out to these rides and meeting others, please don't make up crap reasons why it was anyone else's responsibility besides the guy on the controls. No disrespect to the down rider intended, it happens.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    Very well said.

L.... are you guys goin thru the same thing scarbo..rides have gone???/
    people hateing on rides that go out there and have funn... what a shame... i will ask Juan and see if he has time to come n ride with u guys on next ride..
    scarborough rides.............

... or just went in there full throttle?
    I wasn't on the ride but could see why people thought you were trollish with the little jab you put in at the end of your "valuable" suggestion. If you left out that sarcastic remark, it would have been ok.

When putting stuff in writing, don't expect people to read between the lines that you were trying to be funny or whatever.
    2006 Yamaha R6 Blue
    Hyperpro RSC Steering Damper (Blue), Motovation Bar Ends and No-cut Frame Sliders, Swingarm Slider/Spools, Custom Dynamics Integrated LED Tail Light, Flush Mount Front and Rear Turn Signals, Yamaha Passenger Seat Cowl, Scorpio i-900 alarm, Boxer 5108 disk lock with alarm.

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    That's good to hear.

Good luck on your 125 and you are welcome to ride with us anytime.
    Cheers.
    thanks for the support and invitation but untill next season at least when i have a bit more experience and skill i wont be riding with u guys cause its above my level of skill even though you guys were very welcoming!
    overall i would say that the portion of the trip that i went on was led very well and isnt something that most people could or would want to manage

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    people hateing on rides that go out there and have funn... what a shame... i will ask Juan and see if he has time to come n ride with u guys on next ride..
    D:

I think the problem is that some people who criticize a ride and its leader do so even though they were never on the ride. They assume facts that are not true and criticize others when there is no basis for such criticism.

Cheers.

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Meh, end of season for some.. this'll blow over in a week at latest

No one forces anyone to go on a group ride and it takes an honest individual to say when the ride is above their skill level -- respect.

+1 on Gary's rides he's led. The ones i've attended have always been fun (well, except for that huge huge ride in April at the beginning of the season when we waited 30 mins for the bike to come outta the ditch on 69)
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dcx135 View Post
    I wasn't on the ride but could see why people thought you were trollish with the little jab you put in at the end of your "valuable" suggestion. If you left out that sarcastic remark, it would have been ok.

When putting stuff in writing, don't expect people to read between the lines that you were trying to be funny or whatever.
    There is a big difference between saying " Thats what happens when you guys go in riding like idiots" Vs asking a question, "did you guys act civilized or kill someone",

So you come in here and give your advice for a ride that you weren't part of? Tell us how to organize and handle such ride that you were not part of.

Were you there for the beginning of the ride? were you there to see what happened when he went down? So how do you know anything that was or wasn't said and what did or did not lead to the crash?

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    [QUOTE=Deee;1398279 You guys are clearly the best riders in the world and did everything 100% to lead a safe ride and dont need any input from anyone about anything. You know it all.[/QUOTE]

Yep I know it all and am the best rider in the world. You read through the posts pretty well don't you.

You said to pretend that you didn't post in here, yet you keep posting in here.

As Gary mentioned, please come out to one of the rides and show us how it is supposed to be done properly so that nobody will ever have a crash. Please let me know when you are going out though so that I can be there to learn from your great wisdom.

Quote Originally Posted by dardania View Post
    nope, just one guy who knows how to lead a ride that he wasn't a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by x1xMoltoVx3x View Post
    thanks for the support and invitation but untill next season at least when i have a bit more experience and skill i wont be riding with u guys cause its above my level of skill even though you guys were very welcoming!
    overall i would say that the portion of the trip that i went on was led very well and isnt something that most people could or would want to manage
    If you are in the west end and want to get some practice with just one or two people let me know.