Sunday September 5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday September 5

Sunday September 5

Meet - Walkers line and Dundas tims between 3:00 - 3:30
    Leave - 3:35pm
    Route - Out to the falls for dinner (if anyone wants to go across the border to have dinner at olive garden maybe there) then fireworks @ 10:00pm (backroads out then depending on time we will decide how to come back)
    Pace - Easy, I will be 2up and be taking a lot of breaks. 2up/noob friendly.

Weather depending

Re: Sunday September 5

I can't make either ride, I'm working.
    Have fun!

how many are you expecting on this ride?
    what age group? I heading to the later part of my 30's, not sure if I want to be the "old" guy

I am 28. I don't know what the age group will be or who is coming. A couple maybes that I know but prob won't be sure till Sunday. It's an easy paced ride so u don't know who will be there.

Banned

Slow pace,frequent cigarette breaks,proper meet time for a sunday,I'm liking the sounds of this one-Back roads on the way or highway ?
    Last edited by GrahamT; 09-04-2010 at 07:15 AM.

the weather actually looks clear for this one... i may skip today's and come to this instead

ETA: i'm old too :P
    Last edited by joy; 09-04-2010 at 07:42 AM.

I will post up by 2:30 if it is cancelled for some reason. Looks good so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post
    Route - Out to the falls for dinner (if anyone wants to go across the border to have dinner at olive garden maybe there) then fireworks @ 10:00pm (backroads out then depending on time we will decide how to come back)

Weather depending
    Quote Originally Posted by gto3 View Post
    Slow pace,frequent cigarette breaks,proper meet time for a sunday,I'm liking the sounds of this one-Back roads on the way or highway ?

I'd definitely like to join in for the ride.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by suzuki2000 View Post
    how many are you expecting on this ride?
    what age group? I heading to the later part of my 30's, not sure if I want to be the "old" guy
    I'm 30,so it's looking like you'll be the old guy,just kidding

I'd like to join as well. I guess I'll bring my passport in case we decide to cross over to the US side?

Quote Originally Posted by ATTS View Post

Weather depending

would this ride pehaps be cbr 125 friendly/not highway the whole way there?

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Quote Originally Posted by x1xMoltoVx3x View Post
    would this ride pehaps be cbr 125 friendly/not highway the whole way there?
    Sounds like it will be. The backroads to the falls are generally 60/80 kph and the OP mentioned it wouldn't be balls-to-the-wall pace.

Anyone going to Flying Saucer this evening on Lundy;'s Lane?
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

The ride is ON.

As mentioned the pace will be EASY. Three stops on the way out to the falls. We will be eating in the falls for dinner before the fireworks. All roads on the way out. After the fireworks on the way home I will be on the highway for 2or 3 exits and the rest roads.

See everyone in just over an hour.

Show up with a FULL TANK. We will not be waiting for you to go get gas.

Thanks for a great ride ATTS. Excellent route and company.

Too bad about the rider that went down on Snake Road. It is a challenging road for new riders and unfortunately that first turn is difficult if you have never ridden it before. Hope everything turns out okay.

Banned

Good route,good people,good weather,good food,lots of smoke breaks

Good times! Wish we had of stayed for the fireworks, we got screwed in traffic on the highway on the way home
    I wish my lawn was Emo- so it would cut itself!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LMF View Post
    Thanks for a great ride ATTS. Excellent route and company.

Too bad about the rider that went down on Snake Road. It is a challenging road for new riders and unfortunately that first turn is difficult if you have never ridden it before. Hope everything turns out okay.
    Did you guys tell the new rider about the decreasing radius turn that has taken so many riders by surprise or just went in there full throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Deee View Post
    Did you guys tell the new rider about the decreasing radius turn that has taken so many riders by surprise or just went in there full throttle?

Save the "full throttle" b.s. for the kids, if and when you have 'em.
    There was a riders meeting prior to leaving.
    The leader's 1st question was "anyone never ridden in a group?". One response. Group riding expectations were discussed, as was the route, and how to ride it - i.e. your own pace.
    Use your head. It's impossible at a pre-ride meet to go over every turn in a 3 hour ride.
    I have been through there in excess of 1000 times. Today's pace was less than half speed I've ever seen, SO, speed was not the problem.
    You can only tell 'new riders' so much. NO ONE can turn their head / eyes into the corner, rather than that guardrail they're about to eat while in motion.

Oh - Thanks Paul, nice meeting the few new faces, and good to see some from the past.
    Wish I could have stayed out longer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Save the "full throttle" b.s. for the kids, if and when you have 'em.
    There was a riders meeting prior to leaving.
    The leader's 1st question was "anyone never ridden in a group?". One response. Group riding expectations were discussed, as was the route, and how to ride it - i.e. your own pace.
    Use your head. It's impossible at a pre-ride meet to go over every turn in a 3 hour ride.
    I have been through there in excess of 1000 times. Today's pace was less than half speed I've ever seen, SO, speed was not the problem.
    You can only tell 'new riders' so much. NO ONE can turn their head / eyes into the corner, rather than that guardrail they're about to eat while in motion.

Oh - Thanks Paul, nice meeting the few new faces, and good to see some from the past.
    Wish I could have stayed out longer.
    No need to get upset. Many riders have gone down at that turn before, and looks like many more will go down. All it takes is quick heads up to new riders and many crashes could be avoided.