Whitby Accident Victim Identified - Page 3

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitby Accident Victim Identified

Re: Whitby Accident Victim Identified

The fact that they haven't found the rider might be and notice i said "might", be that this was a random passenger pick up. I say this because it has happened to me before. I was at a club with some friends. A woman i didn't know came up to me and ask for a ride on my bike( yeah i know it sounds like a script from an adult movie). My other friends wouldn't do it but i had an extra helmet that night and gave her a ride around the area and then back to the club. My motto with passengers is if they are out on my bike I ride as though the passenger is a fragile egg. Also no speeding, you're out on my bike as a 2 upper you come back home same as you left.

Various eastern European ladies get "work visas" over here... for a variety of different things. This means they often don't know many people here.

"Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit has identified the passenger who died after falling from a motorcycle involved in a police chase last Friday.
    Ioana Bocunescu, 40, of Toronto, died at the scene after the driver of a motorcycle accelerated sharply and sped away from a Durham police cruiser that was attempting to pull it over on Hwy. 401 near Brock St. in Whitby last Friday.
    It is unclear why the motorcycle was being pulled over, said SIU spokeswoman Monica Hudon"

After 5 days they don't know WHY the bike was being pulled over????
    Last edited by CBRJOHN; 09-01-2010 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Offensive

If I were to take a stab at this I would say they already know who he is and is in custody. Just nothing released via news yet. Maybe he was a Attorney General or something...

and again RIP to the passenger.

D
    2005 ZX6R-current-fast

Quote Originally Posted by DRZSMDUDE View Post
    Maybe he was a Attorney General or something...

D

Awesome
    2005 Kawasaki ZX636 *Awesome-O*
    2002 Gsx-R 600 track bike w/750 goodies *Angry bird*
    2000 Gsx-R Alstare. *Star* SOLD
    2007 Honda Civic Si *Brooke*
    2006 Volkswagen Jetta TDi *no name yet*

I am still learning - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by rutakin View Post
    "Ontario’s Special Investigations Unit has identified the passenger who died after falling from a motorcycle involved in a police chase last Friday.
    Ioana Bocunescu, 40, of Toronto, died at the scene after the driver of a motorcycle accelerated sharply and sped away from a Durham police cruiser that was attempting to pull it over on Hwy. 401 near Brock St. in Whitby last Friday.
    It is unclear why the motorcycle was being pulled over, said SIU spokeswoman Monica Hudon"

After 5 days they don't know WHY the bike was being pulled over????

wth? SIU: "YO fellow PIG why you flash your lights?
    DRPS: amm... oink?
    That is an odd statement, however technically the SIU do not represent the police. My money's on the SIU investigators being fully aware of the why the motorcyclist was being pulled over but were asked not to disclose that information ... and the SIU spokeswoman not being well informed, or something.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    That is an odd statement, however technically the SIU do not represent the police. My money's on the SIU investigators being fully aware of the why the motorcyclist was being pulled over but were asked not to disclose that information ... and the SIU spokeswoman not being well informed, or something.
    Actually SI decides what is released and what is not. Once SIU is involved everyone else is pretty much shut down, atleast as far a media releases.

And yes, there is lots and lots of info they don't release.

They released the identity of the victim, so next of kin, family, etc have all been notified.

As for police making arrests. They will not wait for further evidence to make a "slam dunk" case. As soon as they have grounds, they will make the arrest. Further investigation can always be done after the arrest.

SIU says they don't know why the bike was being pulled over, only because the officer involved has likely not given a statement.

It's not hard to figure out why the bike was being pulled over, but they can't release something without knowing for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DRZSMDUDE View Post
    If I were to take a stab at this I would say they already know who he is and is in custody. Just nothing released via news yet. Maybe he was a Attorney General or something...

and again RIP to the passenger.

D

Court news is open to the public. An accused has to be in court within 24 hours of time of arrest.

So you will know within 24 hours of an arrest, if not much sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokeandapancake View Post
    As for police making arrests. They will not wait for further evidence to make a "slam dunk" case. As soon as they have grounds, they will make the arrest. Further investigation can always be done after the arrest.
    Wanna make another bet? You seemed so sure the fugitive biker would've been busted a few days ago.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

SIU says they don't know why the bike was being pulled over, only because the officer involved has likely not given a statement.

It's not hard to figure out why the bike was being pulled over, but they can't release something without knowing for sure.
    It seems rather odd that interviewing the officer wouldn't have been at the top of their list. After all, he was the one who saw the bike.

Conspiracy theory : Unless he did something wrong and is being shielded by the police union.

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    Wanna make another bet? You seemed so sure the fugitive biker would've been busted a few days ago.
    You're right, I assumed it was a GF or similar that died.

Now I would bet that the police do not know who the rider is at this time. A random pick up or something.

Once an identity is made, there will be a quick arrest and even then the investigation will be ongoing, for months I bet.

Anyone that works with, related to, knows, saw, smelled, think they saw or heard of the victim and the accused (once arrested) will be interviewed.

Slightly different scenario, but the Tori Stafford investigation is still ongoing and likely will be until the final verdict in court.
    Last edited by Smokeandapancake; 09-01-2010 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    It seems rather odd that interviewing the officer wouldn't have been at the top of their list. After all, he was the one who saw the bike.

Conspiracy theory : Unless he did something wrong and is being shielded by the police union.
    Subject officer does not have to make a statement to SIU.

this might turn in to a cold case files. i hope not
    Last edited by lucky2; 09-01-2010 at 06:07 PM.

TL;DR

posting pic of a girl from facebook just because that is the only girl on facebook with that name doesn't mean it is THE girl, she might not have facebook at all...just saying...as for the operator of the bike, he may already have warrants out for his arrest and would rather not deal with the police at that time...so for whatever his reason was for running, he did it for his own reasons...hopefully all of which we shall find out when they bust his lousy ***...thinking about it, how many of you know someone you could take on your bike that if they fell off they wouldn't ask you questions about it...

Subject officer does not have to make a statement to SIU.
    That seems odd since they are conducting the investigation... If the officer refused to speak to the SIU that just screams he's moved into cover his *** mode. At the very least he would have to file a report of the incident.

But wouldn't they say " If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about"

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    That seems odd since they are conducting the investigation... If the officer refused to speak to the SIU that just screams he's moved into cover his *** mode. At the very least he would have to file a report of the incident.

But wouldn't they say " If you've done nothing wrong, you've got nothing to worry about"
    Standard Operating procedure, police never, ever make statements to other cops, internal affairs, SIU etc.. without their union rep (lawyer) present. Just how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by twinn View Post
    Standard Operating procedure, police never, ever make statements to other cops, internal affairs, SIU etc.. without their union rep (lawyer) present. Just how it works.
    LOL,

Good advice for anyone.
    I've talked to cops 3 times in my life. 2 times they out and out lied.
    The 3rd time I got charged with something they knew was wrong but they had to lay a charge, Each time the charges were promptly thrown out of court but not before costing me a ton of lawyers fees.

My Lawyers card is always in my wallet, and if a cop asks me ANYTHING. My standard answer will always be. "This is my Lawyer, any questions can be directed to him"

I posted this in another thread someone at my work said they saw it
    On the news last night that they are looking for a white bike did anyone else see that newscast?

Re: Whitby Victim name released, SIU investigates.

Quote Originally Posted by klf33 View Post
    http://www.citytv.com/toronto/cityne...end-identified

the fact that there are 6 SIU investigators involved ( I saw maybe a few of them the next morning on my way to Ottawa), indicates that strong rumors about the Police cruiser chasing and hitting the girl to be of some reliability.

Really. So what does only 5 investigators mean?. Maybe you can explain what only 4 investigators mean? I always thought that 3 SIU investigators or more meant that they now had plenty of spare guys to get the coffee and donuts, but then again what do I know. You obviously have more experience with these things than I.