Whitby Accident Victim Identified - Page 2

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Whitby Accident Victim Identified

Re: Whitby Victim name released, SIU investigates.

It's simple.. If you're with a passenger, you do not run Stop and take it like a man, instead of putting your passenger's life at risk. RIP Ioana.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Re: Whitby Accident Victim Identified

The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmy View Post
    There are NO Bell phone listings for the surname Bocunescu ANYWHERE in Canada.

When the surname Bocunescu is searched on facebook, only TWO hits come back, one for the Toronto female Ioana Bocunescu, and the other is a female in Romania.

Its pretty darn fair to say that the likelyhood that the facebook picture is of the victim.

Unfortunately, the same information points to the fact that she might not have any family here, and her facebook profile only shows 4 friends....
    Excellent deductive reasoning. If the girl's name was Jane Smith, I wouldn't have posted any pic.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

RIP Ioana.

And to the rider, you have displayed the lowest of the low attitude to human life.

Silly people.

Retro is very very very likely correct that picture is of the individual.

When the surname Bocunescu is searched on facebook, only TWO hits come back, one for the Toronto female Ioana Bocunescu, and the other is a female in Romania.

Its pretty darn fair to say that the likelyhood that the facebook picture is of the victim.

Unfortunately, the same information points to the fact that she might not have any family here, and her facebook profile only shows 4 friends....
    I don't have access to facebook from work, but does any one of her 4 friends ride a motorcycle? I'm just sayin...
    derekz
    2000 VStar 650 Classic

In further contemplation, a Romanian name so rare, I'd think it likely she is a fairly new immigrant. Until she became fully accustomed to Canada, it's likely that she associated largely with persons of similar decent.

If I were an investigator on this case, I'd start with some good old fashioned footwork to Romanian Clubs in the Whitby area.

-Grimmy

Quote Originally Posted by derekz View Post
    I don't have access to facebook from work, but does any one of her 4 friends ride a motorcycle? I'm just sayin...
    Negative, they all appear of Romanian decent, and 1 has no profile information or image, and 2 are listed as residing in Romania.

Quote Originally Posted by derekz View Post
    The cops have already done this. Whatever anyone posts is already yesterday's news to the investigators, they control the information and decide what to release to the public. If their leads dry out, then they'll ask the public for help. Of course if anyone has any real info and not some made-up crackpot theory or scenario, contact the police.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by koalaKid View Post
    It is my personal (and humble) opinion that anytime you take a passenger on your motorbike you become personally responsible for their safety and ultimately, their life.

If we disagree on this, any further discussion is pointless.
    I would agree 100%, I already risk my own life and will never risk a passengers.

I think the cops know who this person is. Most likely they are trying to get enough evidence for a slam dunk case before an arrest is made.

I can't believe they still have not found out the Motorcycle neither the person who was riding it..
    To Achive The Possible, We Must Attempt The Impossible.
    -----------
    02 Suzuki GSX-R600 - Sold

I hope this guy is really feeling the heat waiting for his imminent arrest. I'm surprised that he hasn't lawyered up and turned himself in at this point.
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime." (Burt Munro)

Some people are not searchable by name. I'm not. A lot of my friends are not.

Silly people.

Retro is very very very likely correct that picture is of the individual.

"Never lean to steer. Always steer to lean." - source: unknown.

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

She has 4 "friends" on Facebook. Looks like she didn't know many people around here.

I have a feeling the rider knew the police could not locate him through Ioana, whether she was alive or not.. that's why he took off.

Unfortunately, it looks like he was right.

I hope this doesn't become a cold case.
    Forget world peace. Visualize using your turn signal.

Quote Originally Posted by mjavor View Post
    She has 4 "friends" on Facebook. Looks like she didn't know many people around here.

I have a feeling the rider knew the police could not locate him through Ioana, whether she was alive or not.. that's why he took off.

I agree I hope it does not become a cold case but my guess is they already know who it is. It is important to get all the evidence lined up before making the arrest to make sure they do not get off on a technicality. My guess is they typically only rush if there is a real flight risk.

I doubt that he would have thought of that when she fell off. When he decided to flee, he would have already decided to not stop for anything including his passenger falling off. He probably would have run over his own mother to get away.

I think you're right or he probably would'nt have kept going.

I'm beginning to believe that he even dumped her on purpose so he could get away easier.

I don't see Facebook as a reliable gauge of popularity for 40 somethings. She may be known by many at work, social clubs etc.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

Why the need to see what she looked like? Why the need to see any sort of photograph. Morbid voyeurism. Give it a rest.

Retro, I expected better of you.
    Last edited by Fiery254; 09-01-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    Spineless swines. Cemented minds.

Quote Originally Posted by lmnop88 View Post
    Some people are not searchable by name. I'm not. A lot of my friends are not.
    The average person I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Cleaned up....infractions and bans...

We're adults...let's discuss like adults..

Cheers
    Dammm, what did I miss..move along, nothing to see here
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services