Scarborough to Ottawa, early morning, all day Labour Day

Thread: Scarborough to Ottawa, early morning, all day Labour Day

• Display

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Scarborough to Ottawa, early morning, all day Labour Day

Background

I'm planning an all day ride to Ottawa for this Labour Day pending good weather. It would start early morning in or around Scarborough.

I want to pack in as many twisties as we possibly can (the 500 series, not too many freeways except when heading back at own pace). Route and other details to be finalized (this post will be updated).

May need to designate rider roles (sweep, etc.) depending on turnout. Could provide the route at the pre-ride meet.

Let me know if you're interested by posting and we can start organizing this near the end of summer () ride.

Details

Where: Kennedy Commons Tim's
    When: check radar and sky; if good then we meet at 7.30am and depart by 8am; duration 8 hrs approx (one way), highway back at own pace 4 hrs approx
    Pace: easy/slow, no rush/not a race (see "The Pace Principles"); we will reasonably follow the speed limit or traffic flow, stop signs and lights, the Highway Traffic Act
    Prerequisites: The thread "HOW TO RIDE IN A GROUP", M2 or M (will not be enforced by me, but bear in mind this ride involves freeways), full tank, empty bladder
    Last edited by rfid; 09-04-2010 at 08:09 AM. Reason: added details