401 mess up in durham/Passenger dies - Page 2

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 401 mess up in durham/Passenger dies

Re: 401 mess up in durham

Motorcycle passenger is killed; police seek identities
    680News staff Aug 28, 2010 07:08:05 AM
    WHITBY, Ont. - There is not much for provincial police to go on as they investigate the death of a motorcycle passenger late last night on the 401 in Whitby, Ontario.
    Constable Graham Williamson told 680News at about 11:39 p.m., a Durham Regional Police officer in a marked cruiser signalled a motorcycle driver in the westbound Highway 401, just west of Brock Street, to pull over. But, instead of stopping the driver accelerated.
    That sudden acceleration caused the passenger to fall off the bike. The passenger was then struck by one or more vehicles, and was killed.
    The motorcyclist did not remain at the scene of the incident.
    "We are actively seeking witnesses who can advise us as to the identity of the motorcyclist because the motorcyclist did not stop. And also, any vehicle that may have struck the deceased at the scene. None of those vehicles stopped, so we are actively seeking the identity of virtually every involved in this incident," said Williamson.
    The passenger was pronounced deceased at the scene.
    The westbound lanes of the 401 at Brock Street in Whitby could be closed for another couple of hours.
    Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or the Whitby Detachment directly at 905-668-3388.

no one stops anymore, bike or car. wtf.
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6GoldenRetriever View Post
    wait? so the cop chased the bike, passenger fell off and got ran over by another car. wouldn't the cop be directly behind the bike? and how could the cop not see the other car that ran the passenger over? and since the cop was behind the bike, wouldn't the cop car run the passenger over?
    Yeah this has me confused too.

And by the sounds of the above clip, maybe there were other cars that struck the passenger as well. High speeds at night, perhaps they didn't even know they hit a person. Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by smokeeater341 View Post
    I can't imagine that this will be a tough one to solve as far as the rider is concerned...description of bike, relationship to passenger, plate... I too, am sickened by their actions and they are only making it worse by not turning themselves in.

RIP Pillion.

Yep, I'm counting on this and hope they have the case closed real quick.
    And just like everyone else here, this makes me sick... throw the book and then some at this "hero".

This whole story just makes me feel so digusted with some people....WTF?
    R.I.P.

This is horrible news and unfortunately gives the whole riding community a negative image in the eyes of the general population. The early reports are saying that the police don't have much to go on but I would think that once the victim is identified they should be able to connect the dots and find the coward rider.

May the victim of this crime rest in peace.
    "You live more in five minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in a lifetime." (Burt Munro)

This is wrong on so many levels, and not just paints a horrible picture of motorcycle riders( sportbikers more so) but humanity in general!
    How could the people in the car not notice and then not even stop!!

This person deserves to be punished hard!! not killed, but tortured!!
    im sure though the relatives of the deceased rider( assuming female) will get some sort of justice on this guy! i wouldnt be surprised however if he just skipped the country entirely!
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

Quote Originally Posted by ajaxguy View Post
    This is wrong on so many levels, and not just paints a horrible picture of motorcycle riders( sportbikers more so) but humanity in general!
    How could the people in the car not notice and then not even stop!!

This person deserves to be punished hard!! not killed, but tortured!!
    im sure though the relatives of the deceased rider( assuming female) will get some sort of justice on this guy! i wouldnt be surprised however if he just skipped the country entirely!

that's what i'm trying to figure out as well, on top of this cluster **** of a scenario
    Last edited by Paul; 08-28-2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: language
    It's the Least I Could Do

This motorcycle is simply too goddamn fast to ride at speed in any kind of normal road traffic unless you're ready to go straight down the centerline with your nuts on fire and a silent scream in your throat.

I'm sure the passengers friends and family will rat the rider out.

Quote Originally Posted by nfq View Post
    Motorcycle passenger is killed; police seek identities
    680News staff Aug 28, 2010 07:08:05 AM
    WHITBY, Ont. - There is not much for provincial police to go on as they investigate the death of a motorcycle passenger late last night on the 401 in Whitby, Ontario.
    Constable Graham Williamson told 680News at about 11:39 p.m., a Durham Regional Police officer in a marked cruiser signalled a motorcycle driver in the westbound Highway 401, just west of Brock Street, to pull over. But, instead of stopping the driver accelerated.
    That sudden acceleration caused the passenger to fall off the bike. The passenger was then struck by one or more vehicles, and was killed.
    The motorcyclist did not remain at the scene of the incident.
    "We are actively seeking witnesses who can advise us as to the identity of the motorcyclist because the motorcyclist did not stop. And also, any vehicle that may have struck the deceased at the scene. None of those vehicles stopped, so we are actively seeking the identity of virtually every involved in this incident," said Williamson.
    The passenger was pronounced deceased at the scene.
    The westbound lanes of the 401 at Brock Street in Whitby could be closed for another couple of hours.
    Anyone with information about this incident is encouraged to contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or the Whitby Detachment directly at 905-668-3388.

no one stops anymore, bike or car. wtf.

I just got physically sick reading this!
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

I think all motorcyclists are going to take the heat for a while because of this incident. Ride safe and RIP 2upper..
    Past rides: 08 Lime green Kawi Ninja 250R - Awesome beginner bike!
    Current ride: 01 Honda F4i

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6GoldenRetriever View Post
    wait? so the cop chased the bike, passenger fell off and got ran over by another car. wouldn't the cop be directly behind the bike? and how could the cop not see the other car that ran the passenger over? and since the cop was behind the bike, wouldn't the cop car run the passenger over?
    I didn't read anywhere that the cop chased the bike. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Regardless, the whole story just sickens me. Such disregard for human life, hard to believe....!

Very sad story, but predictable.
    I hate to be the dick here, but you can thank the government for this problem.
    The fact that the cops can seize your bike without due process is the reason kids run.
    Add to that the insurance factor, and you can guarantee most guys will boot it rather than stop and face the unfair penalties.

Regarding the car that ran buddy over, the same applies.
    Here we have an innocent guy driving along the highway, he hits a person on the road and the first thought through his mind is "oh crap my insurance will get jacked up a mile" instead of "oh boy i better pull over".
    Just a guess, but i'd bet i'm right.

Again, you can blame the system here, as soon as the penalties outweigh the risk factor, its game on.
    If it's such a big issue, sportbikes should be banned from the streets.

Sad story.

I hope to Buddah that the media doesn't spin this out of control for the rest of us. I hate the witch hunt that follows are one retarded moron does something to ruins it for the rest.

R.I.P to the 2upper.

2007 SV650s

So so sad and stupid. Reminds of a incident a few years ago, On Caledonia (by Yorkdale) were some idiot was doing a wheelie with his girlfriend on the back and she fell off and died.

Seriously, Im starting to lose faith in humanity, even the cars that hit the passenger did not stop??? Why? its not like you can;t notice hitting someone!!!

Banned

What's the point if theres a remote chance that a motorcycle will speed off at a high speed to get away from a police car since it's too fast to catch them as proven last night.

The cops want to give a ticket so badly that they will basically say "I know there's a good chance that you gonna run and probably cause a terrible accident, but I must try anyways to give you a 200 dollar ticket cause that's more important then your life or other drivers around that time that gets killed in the process.

Just take the plate number down without the sirens on and you'll find out where the bike is registered and issue a ticket that way. Change the HTA to ticket bikers that way for safety purposes.

Banned

Biker passenger dies after running from police

What's the point if theres a remote chance that a motorcycle will speed off at a high speed to get away from a police car since it's too fast to catch them as proven last night.

The cops want to give a ticket so badly that they will basically say "I know there's a good chance that you gonna run and probably cause a terrible accident, but I must try anyways to give you a 200 dollar ticket cause that's more important then your life or other drivers around that time that gets killed in the process.

Just take the plate number down without the sirens on and you'll find out where the bike is registered and issue a ticket that way. Change the HTA to ticket bikers that way for safety purposes.

Re: Biker passenger dies after running from police

^^ pls

[1] there's already a thread on this.
    [2] it's not the cop's fault. the rider broke the law and ran.
    * It's about safety, stupid.

I'm sorry I usually love bashing the cops and their tactics. But this one is on the rider...completely. If you run (and I can understand why someone would) you have to take responsibility for that choice, now to run on the highway with a passenger...nah this guy needs to get the business.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Ineedabj View Post

Cant blame the cops here, lets say the rider was speeding, the officer spotted this and was doing his job. Does he know this guy was gonna do what he did? not at all!
    yes the government has a huge role in this with the whole seizure thing, but the cops are doing there jobs and have to abide by that!
    Caught you looking!! Signature advertising works, inquire if you you would like to rent this space.

1999 r1 - Sold!
    2005 636- SOLD!
    2002 r1- SOLD!
    2004 r1 - SOLD!

Currently riding my 2003 R1

Banned

Re: Biker passenger dies after running from police

Quote Originally Posted by johnp View Post
    ^^ pls

[1] there's already a thread on this.
    [2] it's not the cop's fault. the rider broke the law and ran.

yeah you're right, the cop had absolutely no role in this tragedy.

yeah the biker was gonna take off like a rocket anyways regardless if there was a cop trying to pull him over.

man, I'm glad you see everything black and white in your world.