401 mess up in durham/Passenger dies

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 401 mess up in durham/Passenger dies

401 mess up in durham/Passenger dies

Just heard a guy had a 2up'er and the cops tryed to pull him over and he ran. When he cracked it to get away the 2up fell off and was run over

Why are ppl stupid when they have a 2up'er on

Re: 401 mess up in durham

I just heard it on the news, passenger was killed. Friggin brilliant this guy. What are the odds he was influenced by one of the stupid "running from the cops" threads here? Yup, if the cops are after you it's easy, just crank it and there's no way they can keep up. Nevermind the risk to other people's lives, FTP right?

This guy deserves whatever he has coming to him, that's for sure.
    There is no planet B.

I understand that both the bike, and the car that hit and killed the pillion fled the scene. I am just sick to my stomach over this story. They will for sure catch the rider, that's a no-brainer. He should turn himself in.

What stupidity. Fastar1 is so right, some hero on a sportbike has watched the Ghostrider videos and read the kind of FTP threads featured here. Way to go, hero.

Today I feel a little ashamed to be a motorcyclist.
    "Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines."
    General "Buck" Turgidson, (George C. Scott)
    Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

2007 R1200GS with an identity crisis.

I have done (as well as most of us on this planet) some stupid things, but one thing I never ever do in any vehicle is risk a passengers safety. This incident will definitely turn up the heat on all of us. Thanks dumb s*#t!

Lets find him and w**p him straight!

There is no planet B.

I cant believe this. I just heard on the radio. I hope they catch the ******* and lock him away for a long time.

Oh for the love of everything holy...someone find this dumb twat and drag him into the police please.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

......****.

feelsbadman.jpg
    Last edited by Paul; 08-28-2010 at 01:17 PM. Reason: language

I hope they catch this coward.

I sympathize with all you sportbike riders. You will all now take the heat for this incident.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Quote Originally Posted by RetroGrouch View Post
    I sympathize with all you sportbike riders. You will all now take the heat for this incident.
    A description of the bike has been released?

Quote Originally Posted by CarbonR6 View Post
    I cant believe this. I just heard on the radio. I hope they catch the ******* and lock him away for a long time.
    This is Canada, dude. 4 years for 1st degree murder. It is a larger offence not to pay your parking tickets.

I just heard this story on the radio and, as Ritchard posted, I feel ashamed to be a motorcyclist. There is no need for this gross negligence for the safety of others, be they the passenger or other motorists. I hope this guy gets caught and the book thrown at him. What he's done is paramount to man slaughter, IMO.

My deepest sympathys go out to the deceased passenger and the family.
    - Robert.
    1988 BMW K100RT
    2011 Moto Guzzi V7 Racer

Quote Originally Posted by mikcbr View Post
    A description of the bike has been released?
    It's a fair assumption that it's a sportbike. A sportbike rider is more likely to run from a cop and a sportbike is more likely to have the acceleration at highway speed to dump a passenger. I may be wrong but I doubt it.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

Holy **** this story is terrible on so many levels. The worst part is the ****ing rider kept going after he dumped the passenger !

hope they catch the rider and the ******* that ran after he ran over the passenger. specially had the car stopped there would have been 0 consequences for the driver.

rip 2upper.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    specially had the car stopped there would have been 0 consequences for the driver.

rip 2upper.

the driver may not have noticed; or was too ignorant to realize what happened; or just freaked out and didn't think.

I agree with retro though. the vast majority of supersports (if not all) are able to accelerate to fast that they'd dump a passenger.

man, i hope the media and the politicians don't spin this to put heat on the rest of us....

wait? so the cop chased the bike, passenger fell off and got ran over by another car. wouldn't the cop be directly behind the bike? and how could the cop not see the other car that ran the passenger over? and since the cop was behind the bike, wouldn't the cop car run the passenger over?

I can't imagine that this will be a tough one to solve as far as the rider is concerned...description of bike, relationship to passenger, plate... I too, am sickened by their actions and they are only making it worse by not turning themselves in.

RIP Pillion.
    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."

'05 GSXR 600, IXIL S/S dual undertail exhaust, Gorilla alarm, Vortex sliders, Vortex levers, CA integrated tail lights/flush mounts, Hotbodies hugger, HEL S/S lines, Blue DB windscreen