Re: Biker down @ Eglington and Albina

rest in peace Andy

RIP Andy................

Andy was a friend of my stepson.........very upsetting

a great guy

Quote Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
    This was Andy Ngo, he was a member of this site. He was only 22 or 23. I am a friend from his work. He talked to me about this site before so I thought I would come on and post here but this was already up.

Thanks for your condolences guys, and RIP Andy, you were one of the most positive, happy and carefree people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.
    Thank you for taking the time to contact us Kristina. I am very sorry about the loss of you friend. Please, on behalf of the myself and the members of this forum accept and forward our condolences to his family and friends.
    I do not know if you are a rider yourself but this is a tight community and such sad news greatly affects us all and we too share in your grief.
    May Andy Rest in Peace.

so sad
    RIP andy......

sad to hear, RIP rider

RIP Andy.
    R.I.P : William Joseph "Joey" Dunlop, Feb. 25th 1952 - July 2nd 2000.“KING OF THE ROADS” Sadly Missed, Never Forgotten.

www.roadawareness.ca

Rest in peace, my deepest condolence to his family and friends.
    "And Whoever Compels You To Go One Mile,Go With Him Two" Matthew 5:41

Terrible news, my deepest sympathies to the family. Andy, RIP.
    2011 BMW K1300S

Rip

Rest in Peace Andy Ngo.

My condolences to his family.

Sad to hear....RIP

So young.

RIP, rider. My condolences to your family and friends.
    "Gravity just holds me down." -- James Brown

The opinions in this post are of the author and not of any of the groups she belongs to. And are not necessarily shared by any of her friends, associates or colleagues. There. I think that covers it.

Moto-mojo: the log of a a motorcycling mobile journalist: http://moto-mojo.blogspot.com/

Banned

Peel Police - Motorcycle - Fatality

Mississauga – Investigators from the Major Collision Bureau are appealing for witnesses following an Eglinton Avenue collision that has left a 22 year-old Mississauga man dead.

On Thursday, August 26, 2010, at approximately 11:00 a.m., the victim, Than-Kiet NGO, a 22 year old Mississauga resident, was driving a 2008 Kawasaki motorcycle east on Eglinton Avenue in the centre lane. The motorcycle struck a stalled Dodge Magnum causing the victim to become airborne. The victim landed in the passing lane, where he was struck by a Nissan 350Z, which was also traveling east on Eglinton.

Emergency medical treatment was initiated, however the victim was pronounce deceased at the scene.

The investigation is on-going and members of the Major Collision Bureau would like to speak with anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or the events leading up to it.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Major Collision Bureau at (905) 453-2121, ext. 3710. Information may also be left anonymously by calling Peel Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477), by visiting www.peelcrimestoppers.ca, or by texting “PEEL”, followed by your tip to CRIMES (274637).

For media inquiries, please contact the on-duty Media Relations Officer at (905) 453-2121, extension 4027.

RIP sad news =(

Rip

Rip.. Hwy 10 and eglinton is known as "the spot" for us central square one riders. My condolences to family and friends of Andy, may he rest in peace.
    Does anyone know what his user name on here was? I have had the pleasure of meeting hundreds of riders this season and a lot I remember by username... Regardless, it's another unfortunate reminder for us riders on how instant something can happen.. Everyone please be alert and never get too comfortable.
    Tearin it up at the gym -ENDORPHINES KICKIN..
    Cruzin on the GsxR - ADRENALINE PUMPIN......
    Stayin positive - THE ONLY WAY TO BE...
    Everything else is your destiny - ACCEPT IT ....

It's not how we write our stories - IT'S HOW OUR STORIES END....
    <Square One Central Rider>

Quote Originally Posted by simalive View Post

Could it be a case of car in front saw the stalled car, it made last second lane change and the rider following it didn't see the stalled car until it's too late..?
    no...from what I saw, it looked like the rider hit car 1 (black magnum) then went airborne..when he landed he either got run over or caught up in car number 2 (orange 350z) coming from behind and got dragged. When I first saw it and heard it was a bike I was like wtf?? wheres the bike, and the 350z was on jacks and had the wheels off. The bike was further down the road behind the Magnum on its side.
    I went to scene a few hours later when the cops were gone and saw where they had everything marked off probably for the investigation, but couldn't really make heads or tails of how it could have gone down. It must have been split second and happened too fast..from the drag/skid marks and point of impact with car 1 it looked as if car 2 pulled over to the shoulder right away realizing he must have hit the rider, but it was still a good distance away. Yes, this is all speculation but its first hand, not just over the internet speculation. There was maybe a 10-15 min difference between me and the rider passing by there.

RIP...

Sadly i was actually there right after the accident... saw alot of things i didn't want to see...... from what i was told... black magnum stalled, and apparently the biker noticed too late...

Rip