Opinions on stunting a gsxr600

Thread: Opinions on stunting a gsxr600

Opinions on stunting a gsxr600

like the title says - good stunt bike? if not why? if so why? any aftermarket support here in toronto? i saw one of the stunters inc guys stunting a gsxr600 once
    If it wasn't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Re: Opinions on stunting a gsxr600

Quote Originally Posted by w33z11 View Post
    like the title says - good stunt bike? if not why? if so why? any aftermarket support here in toronto? i saw one of the stunters inc guys stunting a gsxr600 once
    My team mate Mike used to have a 02 GSXR 600, and he got to a certain point on it and got stuck. He would try my bike (03/04 636) and be able to do things he couldnt on his bike. Finally I found a deal for him, found a 05 636 for sale and found a buyer for his 02 GSXR. Within 2 weeks on his new bike, he learned more then 2 years trying to deal with the GSXR...It was just much easier to learn things on the Kawi...

You can ask him yourself, selling the GSXR and getting on a 636 was the best thing he did for his stunt learning curve...

Im not saying you cant stunt a GSXR, but the older ones have a really bulky feel to them and are a little harder to make it do what you want it too...The newer ones are alot better in that aspect, but have weak frames, subframes, and swingarms...

If its what you have already and you just want to mess around a little go for it, but I would not suggest going out looking to buy one for stunting, or spending alot of money setting one up. If your starting from scratch look for a F4i or 636...