Wicked near crash on track! - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wicked near crash on track!

Re: Wicked near crash on track!

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Hang on now, you said i was so high from smoking meth that i couldn't walk in the last post.
    Surely you can handle a demented old man that can't walk....

Don't be flappin your lips and insulting people unless you can back it up buttercup, one day someone will teach you that the hard way i guess.

i'll be looking further into the truth behind this video, even if i have to track down the actual rider myself.
    first of all, what kind of insults did i actually use? i didnt swear at you. i was being sarcastic, so were you to me so it's all fair game.

did you imply i should watch what i say or someone will teach me a lesson? it was YOU who implied that you are a hot shot kick boxer. ironic eh? maybe you should listen to your own advice every once in awhile.

ps: the meth part, it was a response to your fancy virtual kick post. it was a joke. sure not funny to you but it was funny to me and that's what matters.

if you can't handle a simple argument on the internet and you have to resort to "come meet me and i will show you my kickboxing skills", you have some anger management issues that need to be addressed with the help of a professional therapist.
    Last edited by FZ6GoldenRetriever; 09-11-2010 at 05:02 PM.

ok, i will play along. below are the facts (let's assume the vid is real)

- it took about 9.3 secs from the moment the rider fell off, to him jumping back on the bike.
    - i counted approx. 25 steps the rider took to chase the bike. let's say 1 step = 3 ft. so a total of 75 ft.
    - the rider's running speed = 8.06 ft/sec = 9.44 kph

the corner speed for the slowest track is what? 60kph? and in the video it looked like the rider almost came out of the corner already so let's say at the SLOWEST, he was going at 60kph.

is it possible for the bike to go from 60kph, and decelerate to 9kph in 9 seconds on it's own engine brake? (rider no longer giving throttle input). probably.

but, what kind of G force created by acceleration is enough to throw the rider off? since agave is a big fan of physics like he's demonstrated in the "bicycle wheel thread". maybe he knows?

drag racers can't fall off from going from 0-100kph in 2-3 seconds, is it really possible that the rider in the video can just "fall off" the bike like that? very, very unlikely.

see, the math just doesn't add up. meaning it doesn't make sense. meaning, the video is made up.
    Last edited by FZ6GoldenRetriever; 09-11-2010 at 07:57 PM.

muhahahahahhaa lol let's be friends

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6GoldenRetriever View Post
    muhahahahahhaa lol let's be friends
    Ok, but only if you invite your girlfriend.

Ok, but only if you invite your girlfriend.

my gf is 16 though.

anyways, agave, sorry for my rude comments. i was just really frustrated. i will watch what i post next time
    Last edited by FZ6GoldenRetriever; 09-11-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FZ6GoldenRetriever View Post
    my gf is 16 though.

anyways, agave, sorry for my rude comments. i was just really frustrated. i will watch what i post next time
    Better forget about my comment regarding your underage girlfriend then too !

Now i'll let you in on the start of my investigation, i intend to figure this out if it's the last thing i do.

You aren't the only guy that thinks its fake, so lets get some fresh perspectives just for fun.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f.../m/17819503601

www.snopes.com might be a better place to get to the truth behind the video.
    There is no planet B.

Better forget about my comment regarding your underage girlfriend then too !

Now i'll let you in on the start of my investigation, i intend to figure this out if it's the last thing i do.

You aren't the only guy that thinks its fake, so lets get some fresh perspectives just for fun.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/f.../m/17819503601
    OMG hahaha that is awesome. it would rock if the mythbuster team actually made an episode on that.

well played SIR! hats off to you lol

Real or Fake, I just can't believe that someone would actually let Agave babysit their 4 year old, what is the world coming to???? Won't somebody think of the children!!!!
    FOR SALE:
    2003 Kawasaki Z1000 $5000
    plus TONS of bike parts..... www.masalma.com

Floats like a butterfly, & stings like a Z!

I'm glad you passed physics, i didn't want to have to explain this all by myself.

And i guess these bikes are magic.
    http://www.break.com/index/failed-mo...handstand.html
    YouTube - Ghost Ride The Bike (Bike fall win)

I'm trying to find a really good vid i saw recently, some guy fails a wheelie, bike keeps going and his buddy chases it down before it falls over and rides it away.
    If this guy can't catch a bicycle, how is someone in full leathers supposed to catch a run-away track bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    N3WMAN is my ride
    2006 ZX-6R PART OUT

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    It's not going as slow as it seems from the camera angle, and yes a bike will right itself with enough speed, exactly in the manner it did in the video.

I guess I don't actually know if it's a fake vid or not but it's certainly possible for that to happen based on the laws of physics.

do you believe in Santa Claus?

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post

do you believe in Santa Claus?
    Did you bother to try spinning the bicycle wheel?

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=127333

Did you bother to try spinning the bicycle wheel?

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=127333
    I am familiar with mass moment of inertia calculations as well as angular momentum so no, i did not try the spinning bicycle wheel.

How fast can you run in leathers? How far would you slide if you fell off a bike mid corner? Would it be farther than the zero feet the rider in the video slid?
    Last edited by caboose483; 09-12-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I am familiar with mass moment of inertia calculations as well as angular momentum so no, i did not try the spinning bicycle wheel.

How fast can you run in leathers?
    Depends how expensive the bike is i'm chasing. but pretty damn fast!

So the reason you don't believe the video is because it seems impossible to you?
    The running part? or the fact that the bike is barely rolling?

I'm a skeptical person too, but this video doesn't surprise me much or make me go "WOW!", it's totally plausible.

The bike only goes about 100ft, the guy is up and running almost instantly, he doesn't even run very fast.

Why does that seem miraculous to you?

Depends how expensive the bike is i'm chasing. but pretty damn fast!

So the reason you don't believe the video is because it seems impossible to you?
    The running part? or the fact that the bike is barely rolling?

I'm a skeptical person too, but this video doesn't surprise me much or make me go "WOW!", it's totally plausible.

The bike only goes about 100ft, the guy is up and running almost instantly, he doesn't even run very fast.

Why does that seem miraculous to you?
    Yes, it seems impossible to me.

I am very skeptical that a bike ghost riding at about 10-15mph will remain upright.

Why is the bike wobbling left and right?
    Last edited by caboose483; 09-12-2010 at 09:13 PM.

Whoever thinks the vid is real must believe in the the world of pandora.

Quote Originally Posted by Norge View Post
    Whoever thinks the vid is real must believe in the the world of pandora.
    Pandora is real!