Brampton to Peterborough

Thread: Brampton to Peterborough

Brampton to Peterborough

Heading out tomorrow morning to hit a few new-to-me roads. Right now, planning to be just myself. Looking for a responsible riding partner (+20 on the straights, own pace in the twisties) or two to tag along. Ride will be relatively spirited, and it's looking to be a great route. There will be stops along the way for gas/packed food/pictures. If I'm alone, I'll be stopping more often for pictures. Budgeting 8 hours round-trip, but will likely be 6.

I ride an 09 Ninja 250, and its my first season (8k under my belt). I don't ride like a noob, but I am a noob.

PM is the key if you're interested. Route is only available that way.

Re: Brampton to Peterborough

Youre gonna love Peterborough area.. Unbelieveable.. you will probably have your 250 pinned the entire way. hit up 45 to 503 and 507. try to get to Elephant lake rd as well. its the best of the lot. I wish I could go but im leaving for vacation tomorrow with the gf!!! Enjoy!!!!

Ride safe.. Watch for gravel on a couple of the turns on 503
    2004 Kawi zx6r

+1 on the 45/503/507! A few of my buddies do those roads every Spring with our cars and it's an incredible drive.

Thanks guys! I knew about Elephant Lake Rd. but wasn't planning on hitting it, thinking it would be too far. I just added it into my route now.

Nervous and excited!

check the weather, supposed to rain all weekend
    They say "you dont know what you got tell its gone", thats true, but you also dont know what you were missing until you get it.

So? Less than 1mm. Just bring my rain gear.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    So? Less than 1mm. Just bring my rain gear.
    words of a road warrior lol

i like going those places when its not raining i like the scenery more
    They say "you dont know what you got tell its gone", thats true, but you also dont know what you were missing until you get it.

Did this ride today. Left much later than I wanted to, at 12:30pm, so I had to scratch off Elephant Lake Rd and the Port Hope Backroads. Hit everything else though. An absolutely fantastic day of riding, and ripping up new roads (507 was awesome!)

Not a drop of rain the entire day... except at 9:20PM on the 401 @ 404, on my way back home. Pulled off to put on the rain gear... didn't help at all, I was soaked by then, and got more soaked in the ~60 km/h traffic of stupid Toronto drivers. Oh well, so glad the rain held off like it did!

I'm going to do this ride again, leaving much earlier, and making sure I make it to the roads I missed.

Nice nice, im gona head there this week sumtime, got any pics of thr trip?

Quote Originally Posted by superzvenomz View Post
    Nice nice, im gona head there this week sumtime, got any pics of thr trip?
    Yeah, I'll get them up tomorrow. I took a bunch at the beginning, but stopped afterwards because I was running short on time. So pretty much, past Barrie, no pics. I'll get them next time though.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    Yeah, I'll get them up tomorrow. I took a bunch at the beginning, but stopped afterwards because I was running short on time. So pretty much, past Barrie, no pics. I'll get them next time though.
    yea get them up, love to see it, it'll make me more eager to go aswell lol