.... Doooooood.

Thread: .... Doooooood.

.... Doooooood.

... First ride on my own evar. Me and my widdle liddle scooter..err CBR125r went all around london today! I was so fing scared at first, I stalled a good like 6 times, ran outta fuel (almost) and went into 5th gear =D

...Biking is bloody awesome. And cages are realllllyyy scary. So are giant mutha-fing trucks and U-hauls and ambulances. and railroad tracks (pretty much everything out there that isnt me!)

This was the first time I went over 40 kph xD. Was it ever so fing awesomeeeeeeeeweeeee!(That is me, squealing like a little girl inside my head)

Also, lest see if I can get ready for the trip back to Toronto.. on Sunday. (Mind you I dont think I'll be able to go over 80kmph)

Also, if you see a black honda cbr 125r going just below the speed limit, wearing a black helmet with the words MOJO taped on the helmet(kind present left over from m2 insurance course), that would be me.
    Last edited by circa; 08-19-2010 at 05:26 PM.

Re: .... Doooooood.

Are you planning to do the 400's back? :S
    Current:
    2001 EX500

Previous:
    2007 CBR125R (1 season)

Quote Originally Posted by LeetViet View Post
    Are you planning to do the 400's back? :S
    Heck no! At 80 km's the vibrations were bad enough, I don't see myself able to get one the highways until I'm way more comfortable with riding. I'll probably see if i can take backroads all the way until Richmondhill/markham from London.

I've got a thread in the rides/meetup section if you've got any routes/ideas for me to take. I'm realistically planning to spend about 3-4 hours on the bike just heading back to Toronto. Lets hope it doesn't rain xD

redlining 6th gear all day everyday ftw.
    joking.
    only occasionally.

glad you're enjoying yourself.
    take it at your own pace.
    '08 Hurricane White CBR125R - SOLD
    '11 Metallic Black CBR 250RA

I was going to say, 400's on your first few days isn't smart. Yo Calvin you getting a new bike for this season?
    Current:
    2001 EX500

Previous:
    2007 CBR125R (1 season)

I was going to say, 400's on your first few days isn't smart. Yo Calvin you getting a new bike for this season?
    Not atm. Gotta pay for university.

But I'll see what my fortunes bring me on the off season. I'll be on the lookout for good deals fall/winter

I'll be back next season I hope.
    '08 Hurricane White CBR125R - SOLD
    '11 Metallic Black CBR 250RA

d00000000dz.

I remember riding around for the first time around Oakville at night.

Sweeeeeeeeet!

Great feeling, eh? On Sunday, if this is your first long ride, don't forget to get off the bike and stretch every couple of hours.

it's a good feeling.

highways will probably be terrifying at first.

Quote Originally Posted by evang View Post
    it's a good feeling.

highways will probably be terrifying at first.

Yea it was! It wasn't even like the 400' highway series, but a small backroad highway-max was 90km/h. Also only had 1 wide lane =D I waved more than a couple of cars to get past me b/c they were over the speed limit.

I had to go in a full racer's tuck, throttle fully revv'd gear 6 up this hill to maintain 90km/h.
    On a side note, level ground, full racers tuck, about 9k on the rev meter will get me to 120km/h- more than enough for me.(I was following a car, maintaining the same distance, then I looked down at my speedo and was like OMFG WAY TOO FAST I'M GUNNA FREAKING DIE.)

Got my bike yesterday, I think I've done a total of about 200k yesterday and today.

Also, bikers wave a lot more than nod! I'm still way too scared of the cbr125r vibrations to wave, and I definitely can't nod at those speeds xD. My neck is a lil sore from all the nodding I did today!

How do I safely make lane changes on the highway?!??!!

Also... bug splatter scared the CRAP outta me.(capslock means I'm yelling)

If you're going up a hill, downshift and you'll make it up faster.
    Current:
    2001 EX500

Previous:
    2007 CBR125R (1 season)

Not sure why you have so many "vibrations" relax and relax your grip and arms it may help. Don't death grip being loose and relaxes will make the bike handle better.

2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
    2009 Harley Ultra Classic
    2011 Triumph Sprint GT

If you're going up a hill, downshift and you'll make it up faster.
    I definitely did not know that! Thank you! What and the bike won't suddenly redline and stall or anything?

Quote Originally Posted by taximan62 View Post
    Not sure why you have so many "vibrations" relax and relax your grip and arms it may help. Don't death grip being loose and relaxes will make the bike handle better.
    Well, I've looked into that (I think I'm not gripping it to death(as I also feel the vibrations through my bum) apparently the massive vibrations are quite normal with the cbr125r at the engine rpm 9k+,(from the cbr125r forums+ google) and it has nothing to do with any broken parts or whatnot, its just that the bike was designed for a city bike and not really used for those speeds,(that IMO)

But yea, halfway through today, my forearms almost gave out, so I definitely will keep an extra tab on myself to not use the deathgrip, only when necessary! (like passing trucks xD)
    Last edited by circa; 08-20-2010 at 09:54 PM.

As long as you're smooth and not downshifting excessively (I'm usually in 5th at 90 km/hr), it should be ok.
    Try gripping the tank with your knees too.
    Current:
    2001 EX500

Previous:
    2007 CBR125R (1 season)

Quote Originally Posted by circa View Post
    Yea it was! It wasn't even like the 400' highway series, but a small backroad highway-max was 90km/h. Also only had 1 wide lane =D I waved more than a couple of cars to get past me b/c they were over the speed limit.

I had to go in a full racer's tuck, throttle fully revv'd gear 6 up this hill to maintain 90km/h.
    On a side note, level ground, full racers tuck, about 9k on the rev meter will get me to 120km/h- more than enough for me.(I was following a car, maintaining the same distance, then I looked down at my speedo and was like OMFG WAY TOO FAST I'M GUNNA FREAKING DIE.)

Got my bike yesterday, I think I've done a total of about 200k yesterday and today.

Also, bikers wave a lot more than nod! I'm still way too scared of the cbr125r vibrations to wave, and I definitely can't nod at those speeds xD. My neck is a lil sore from all the nodding I did today!

How do I safely make lane changes on the highway?!??!!

Also... bug splatter scared the CRAP outta me.(capslock means I'm yelling)

just take your time building up to those speeds. no need to rush. stay within your comfort zone and you'll stay safe.

also, try and relax when you're on the highways. easier said than done when you're first trying them, but you'll actually be able to maintain better control of the bike, and your wrists/forarms won't hurt as much.

WHAT?! MY SIDE MIRROR SNAPPED OFF! WTF?!

It rained, and I was cleaning my bike off with a towel! Then out of nowhere I hear a crack and my side mirror fell off!!

WHAT DO I DO?!?!?!

(images are of me and my broken side mirror and me looking very very worried )

Q1. Is it expensive to fix?
    Q2. Can I still drive on the roads without them?
    Q3. Can I fix it myself?
    Last edited by circa; 08-21-2010 at 08:47 PM.

Looks like it was broken before, and poorly repaired, or you have abnormal strength (do you weaken when you come in contact with Kryptonite?).

A1. Doesn't have to be
    A2. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=84675
    A3. http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=124533
    Last edited by SLaP; 08-21-2010 at 09:51 PM.

That's easy to fix and you should only need a new "perch" if you've kept everything post-break.
    Current:
    2001 EX500

Previous:
    2007 CBR125R (1 season)

So i've looked into it a bit more, apparently, its not made of plastic, but Zamac, a type of very porous alloy(for the base). As for has it been broken before, no, I've got all the maintenance notes and stuff on here, and there weren't any cracks or anything on it. (I bought it with 1850 km's on it, the bike is pretty much show-room new).

That's easy to fix and you should only need a new "perch" if you've kept everything post-break.
    Yep, I've kept everything (it was the piece I'm holding in the photos + my bike, nothing else was broken,)

Edit- I've epoxy'd the peice back on =S lets hope it sticks!(2pm)

Geez its just problems after problems XD

I thought since this was such a bloody new bike...(4pm)

Took it out on the highway, no problems for around 1.5 hours , revving at about 9-10k for 110km/h
    suddenly a rattling starts and the revs won't go over 9k and my speed can't even get to 100k, wtf?

Its also raining like hell and I'm in cambridge atm =/

stroke of luck, nice 4 points place, with free internets

my day has been like fear and loathing in las vegas but just fear and loathing..

also, on the highway my epoxy'd side mirror broke off (a rock hit it and it snapped off).

update.(back home now)-11pm

bike broke down, some wierd ticking noise, somewhere between cambridge and kitchener. It's fing brand new! WTF.

Tow'd back to my house in Toronto, towers said the wierd ticking noise was due to the top end? Anyway,s if anyone could come out to my place (its right near commerce gate and times square) I'd greatly appreciate it.
    Its been a really. really. really. **** day. God does not want me on a bike.

More detail on the problem: The bike is having troubling revving, and if I try to turn the throttle up all the way, it sputters, then the revs drop down. Neutral/ first gear I can get rev's up to 6k then they drop down if I open the throttle up.

Very loud low tapping/ticking noise, sounds as if I put on like a hindle exhaust or something. As opposed to the little lawnmower/ silent idle it had before.

Engine also seems to be heating up a lot more as compared to before
    Last edited by circa; 08-23-2010 at 12:29 AM.