Stunting Exotica

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stunting Exotica

Stunting Exotica

OK so this isn't TRUE stunting.... but nonetheless..... I don't think I have ever seen a stoppie being done on a more expensive/exclusive bike.

Andrew Stroud (current kiwi superbike champion)

Re: Stunting Exotica

maybe due to the cost/time it would take to build another one if the rider brakes it?

Randy Mamola would do a stoppie 2-upping on a Ducati Desmosidici 990cc MotoGP bike at the end of every demo ride he would do.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi..._2006_0618.jpg
    Last edited by Chaos; 08-18-2010 at 10:15 PM.

You guys call those stoppies? Thats just braking hard....

Coolest bike ever built.
    I just read about one getting a motor rebuild- it cost over 50 grand!!
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

i feel dumb for asking but what bike is that?

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet132 View Post
    i feel dumb for asking but what bike is that?
    It's a Britten. 1 of only 10 made.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britten_V1000

The coolest thing about this bike is that it probably could STILL be called THE MOST technologically advanced bike EVER made, yet it was made in a dudes garage. However, they cast and milled and made almost ALL THE PARTS, including the engine. It is completely mind boggling.

Check it... great video about the Britten and John Britten
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_aNwaodd4&feature=search"]YouTube- Top Gear: Britten V1000 Racing Motorcycle[/ame]
    Last edited by Metastable; 08-19-2010 at 12:38 AM.

damn thats one sexy bike...

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Coolest bike ever built.
    I just read about one getting a motor rebuild- it cost over 50 grand!!
    The britten is very cool, but it terms of impressive home built engineering, id take a Tularis over it. Its design goal was to create the fastest home-built racing motorcycle in the world and achieved this in 2003, when it won the Formula USA Unlimited Grand Prix National race. The Tul-aris also set two outright lap records, one that stood for almost two years.

"Robin Tuluie, who once used to work with Polaris and who’s now with the Renault F1 team, has come up with this unique motorcycle – the Tularis 800 – which two-stroke fanatics should love. The bike is fitted with a two-stroke, 772cc parallel-twin (taken off a Polaris snowmobile!) that produces a massive 183 horsepower at 8,700rpm a dry weight of 261 lbs" (!!!!)

He used the engine out of a snowmobile.... forks are Ohlins... the Britten he built everything himself.

Quote Originally Posted by mma01 View Post
    The britten is very cool, but it terms of impressive home built engineering, id take a Tularis over it. Its design goal was to create the fastest home-built racing motorcycle in the world and achieved this in 2003, when it won the Formula USA Unlimited Grand Prix National race. The Tul-aris also set two outright lap records, one that stood for almost two years.

"Robin Tuluie, who once used to work with Polaris and who’s now with the Renault F1 team, has come up with this unique motorcycle – the Tularis 800 – which two-stroke fanatics should love. The bike is fitted with a two-stroke, 772cc parallel-twin (taken off a Polaris snowmobile!) that produces a massive 183 horsepower at 8,700rpm a dry weight of 261 lbs" (!!!!)
    How do you figure that is more impressive home built engineering, when he took a motor out of a sled. And the other guy casted his own motor in his garage from scratch?

Not to mention I see Ohlins forks, and other brand name components that he just assembled and didnt make himself like the other guy...

Nice bike, but in terms of home built engineering, it does not even compare...The other guy built every piece himself...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    How do you figure that is more impressive home built engineering, when he took a motor out of a sled. And the other guy casted his own motor in his garage from scratch?

Not to mention I see Ohlins forks, and other brand name components that he just assembled and didnt make himself like the other guy...

Nice bike, but in terms of home built engineering, it does not even compare...The other guy built every piece himself...
    Not to mention the Britten's results are far better than that of the Tularis.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Not to mention the Britten's results are far better than that of the Tularis.
    At the time the Tularis was made (2003) the britten hadnt won any races or set any lap records.

You mean that's NOT Jason Britton???
    R.I.P : William Joseph "Joey" Dunlop, Feb. 25th 1952 - July 2nd 2000.“KING OF THE ROADS” Sadly Missed, Never Forgotten.

www.roadawareness.ca

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post

Britten was definitely more impressive from a fabrication standpoint.

Yes there are prebuilt parts on the Tularis, but the cool engineering piece is how it was packaged which may not be immediately obvious from the pictures to optimize aero (i.e. windtesting that went into the design, radiator mounted under seat), ultra low weight and cope with the power (seven link, ultra long swingarm). It wasnt just a matter of slapping a snowmobile engine into a chassis and throwing on a shock and then winning a formula USA unlimited race (which the britten was unable to do, mind you).

Britten was definitely more impressive from a fabrication standpoint.

Yes there are prebuilt parts on the Tularis, but the cool engineering piece is how it was packaged which may not be immediately obvious from the pictures to optimize aero (i.e. windtesting that went into the design, radiator mounted under seat), ultra low weight and cope with the power (seven link, ultra long swingarm). It wasnt just a matter of slapping a snowmobile engine into a chassis and throwing on a shock and then winning a formula USA unlimited race (which the britten was unable to do, mind you).
    Well thats what I was talking about(and what I thought you were too), fabrication and design at home, in your garage....Your the one that said it "but it terms of impressive home built engineering". Im not even considering their achievements, its about where and how it was made to me if were talking about home engineering. And I just dont think that other bike comes anywhere close to Brittens creation, the man casted his own engine and cooled it with water from his swimming pool in a garbage pail, and wove his own carbon fiber..LOL

Not even sure about where the Tularis was made? But he actually made less himself, and I dont know where he made what he did? So he built his own chassis, but the suspension, brakes, and motor he borrowed from the OEM and aftermarket...Impressed yes, but not astonished likes I am with the Britten
    Last edited by JohnnyP636; 08-20-2010 at 09:37 AM.

It's a Suzuki, his gear says it on the side. Twice!!!
    Simon Says "S T F U"

Waiting for that “Next Thing” means you’d never buy anything.
    **** @iPos3r

At the time the Tularis was made (2003) the britten hadnt won any races or set any lap records.
    Seriously dude at least do a little reading on the Britton V1000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britten_V1000
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Thing is too, the Britten was developed for 3-4 years and that was it! That's from scratch too. Even a MotoGP team would have a hard time with that. Plus, it shined on the world stage.