Birchmount Rd between Eglinton & St.Clair

Thread: Birchmount Rd between Eglinton & St.Clair

Birchmount Rd between Eglinton & St.Clair

Hey folks,

On Birchmount, south of Eglinton toward St.Clair, there are some BIG chunks out of the road, as well as gravel tossed about the same area. I hit one hole going southbound this afternoon (didn't spot it in time with the car ahead of me), and another coming back northbound tonight; bounced pretty hard off them.

I've hit a few potholes before but these ones were nasty. They should be covered up for our safety; a guy was pulled over with his van nearby, looked like his rear wheel took some damage at the same spot.

Ride safe.

Re: Birchmount Rd between Eglinton & St.Clair

In one similar incident, piece of road debris in my area hit under my bike and I had oil pan punctured but I did not noticed it until on my way home. Oil puddle was 15" in diameter but I managed to get home safely.
    The point was, if this happened to you due to road constriction by the city of Toronto (or any other city) since they are insured you may well claim your damages from whoever is doing road works there. I did it and got paid back 400$ for the new oil pan, oil, filter and labour.

Just a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    Hey folks,

On Birchmount, south of Eglinton toward St.Clair, there are some BIG chunks out of the road, as well as gravel tossed about the same area. I hit one hole going southbound this afternoon (didn't spot it in time with the car ahead of me), and another coming back northbound tonight; bounced pretty hard off them.

I've hit a few potholes before but these ones were nasty. They should be covered up for our safety; a guy was pulled over with his van nearby, looked like his rear wheel took some damage at the same spot.

Ride safe.

Re: Birchmount Rd between Eglinton & St.Clair

Quote Originally Posted by bocare View Post
    In one similar incident, piece of road debris in my area hit under my bike and I had oil pan punctured but I did not noticed it until on my way home. Oil puddle was 15" in diameter but I managed to get home safely.
    The point was, if this happened to you due to road constriction by the city of Toronto (or any other city) since they are insured you may well claim your damages from whoever is doing road works there. I did it and got paid back 400$ for the new oil pan, oil, filter and labour.

Just a reminder.
    hey interesting, i didn't know that, i thought you would just be **** out of luck, who did you contact? the city or the construction company?