A1 Motorcycle Mechanic from Kijiji

Thread: A1 Motorcycle Mechanic from Kijiji

A1 Motorcycle Mechanic from Kijiji

So the story unfolds, I took my Ducati to two mechanics as it had issues stalling. The first mechanic was recommended as he had numerous years of experience working on Ducatis, however the problem is not resolved. He turned up the idling screw and felt this adjustment would do the trick. He also suggested that I get rid of the bike due to other issue the bike had.
    The Second Shop was also referred to me based on the reputations of dealing with Ducatis. The problem still remained.I took the bike in on three separate occasions to correct the problem, they thought it was fixed.
    The situation progressively became worse. The remedy was to spend upwards of an additional three hundred dollars,
    with no guarantee the problem would be fixed.

Searching Kijiji I came across Giovanni's add 'Ducati mechanic with extensive years experience' so I decided to give
    him a call. After speaking with Giovanni, I decided I would take my Ducati there based on his sound knowledge and guarantee. I was pleased to be updated at each stage, and informed of issues & the status of my bike as he worked on it.

To his credit Giovanni was able to fix my Ducati to perfection. There are no more Stalling Issues! He also made a few modifications & recommendations based on his experience with Ducatis. Another selling point ... his prices are alot better than shop rates. He is friendly, honest and extremely knowledge about Ducatis (and Japanese motorcycles).
    If you are tred of getting the run around, call or email him ... giocanada_f@hotmail.com 289-893-2400

Re: A1 Motorcycle Mechanic from Kijiji

Nice to hear you found someone to fix your baby. Was it a simple fix or something more complicated?

It is great to hear stories like this. I mean it sucks you got the run around and out of pocket issues of other shops that couldn't properly diagnose or stand by their work, but it is nice to hear of these smaller guys who's tremendous skill (in some cases - such as this) actually garners them some recognition and added business.

BTW, where was he located and was it a small shop of his own or out of his garage?

I'm saving that number...for when I get my 848
    Thanks!

BTW...if you have any electrical issues, I ran into a fella who was fantastic with fixing my alarm system. He's very knowledgeable and know's the ins and outs. He works at this Ebike place up in Richmond Hill (Woodbine Ave/ South of Hwy 7). It's called New World Wheels and it's across Tiger Direct, next to the Comfort Inn. Look for a big guy named Mike. He'll help you out at a very low rate. Tell him John with the CBR125 Alarm problem reffered you.

Ride Long Riders
    Last edited by Dayao12; 08-14-2010 at 02:02 AM.

The price was alot better than I had paied earlier when I took it to the last shop, Giovanni is extremly resonable priced, he shop he works out of his home in Whitby. I travelled from Milton where I reside a approx 100Km to his home but well worth the commute.
    Last edited by blackrooster; 08-14-2010 at 08:06 AM.

My next door neighbor used him a couple of times for his zx-7 with the same great results. Thanks for posting because I lost his #.
    2007 Ducati S4R Street
    2004 Kawasaki zx10 Track
    1987 Ninja 750 Gone
    1984 Seca 400 Gone