R6 Rear Sets

Thread: R6 Rear Sets

R6 Rear Sets

After extensive searching I was not able to find aftermarket rear sets that both met my budget criteria and adjustment of peg position for my 2000 R6. So after a little seat of the pantsengineering I came up with these. I will do my first track day on them this weekend so I will let everyone know how they worked out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG00016-20100812-1208.jpg   IMG00017-20100812-1208.jpg  
    Street 05 GSXR 1000/ Track 00 R6

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

Re: R6 Rear Sets

what excatly did you make?

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by frekeyguy View Post
    what excatly did you make?
    The relocation brackets.
    They look nicely done.

Thanks for looking after that clarification for me John, I thought it was pretty obvious.

If you don't venture beyond the things you have already mastered, you have stopped moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1000;1374267[I
    I thought it was pretty obvious. [/I]
    I found it to be... good work!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1000 View Post
    Thanks for looking after that clarification for me John, I thought it was pretty obvious.
    it is blatantly obvious, and for someone who "freelances" as a bike mechanic you'd think they would have noticed. Very nice work, obviously you have access to a milling machine.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

wanna make me a pair for my YZF600? I can give you a stock one to mock it up with.

Gotta get together with you about that motor as well. Racing with no 2nd gear sucks,LOL!
    Got your # from Wally-will call ya this week.
    Last edited by omnivore; 08-16-2010 at 02:04 AM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Liner740 View Post
    it is blatantly obvious, and for someone who "freelances" as a bike mechanic you'd think they would have noticed. Very nice work, obviously you have access to a milling machine.
    everything in the OP's pic looks like it could be bought (+1 for quality). It wasn't 'blatently' obvious what was made vs. what could've been bought $$

and dude....thanks for trying to bring in negatively to this thread and me doing work for others and helping them out.

lol @ you, and i'd think you'd know better then to make a comment like that, everyone i've done any sort of work for has been more than happy

Quote Originally Posted by scooter1000 View Post
    Your work looks good!

and why is this in the PROJECT TUTORIAL section? I see no instructions or step by step pics/notes that would help others accomplish a similar project?
    Last edited by frekeyguy; 08-16-2010 at 06:41 AM.

He is showing off his project.

"Project Tutorials Got a project you're working on? Document it here for everyone!"

It doesn't say show a step by step process. Besides the pictures are self explanatory if you wanted to do something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle72 View Post
    He is showing off his project.

"
    Project Tutorials Got a project you're working on? Document it here for everyone!"

It doesn't say show a step by step process. Besides the pictures are self explanatory if you wanted to do something similar.
    he is just showing off the end...what's the point of that?

Define Tutorial:
    (i) a session of intensive tuition given by a tutor to an individual or to a small number of students
    (ii) Something that provides special, often individual instruction

Document:
    (i) writing that provides information (especially information of an official nature)

No offence to the OP...he/she is just documenting the end of the project.....

i guess I can do this.......

I've built a custom sport bike here is the picture....and your answer to that would be "Besides the pictures are self explanatory if you wanted to do something similar."???
    Last edited by frekeyguy; 08-16-2010 at 05:39 PM.

not trying to start an argument.....even thought it may seem like it.....

but whats the point of everyone else posting up ....instructions ....

Like DY...he goes very in depth or anyone else? Whats the point of that vs the end result?

It helps people get inspired...or the less mechanically inclined with a tutorial....--> that's my point.

oh come on...are u seriously trying to argue that the OP has to give a step by step of how he made the part? you want him to show you how he removed the rearsets, took a piece of billet aluminum, cut a grove on each corner and marked the holes corresponding to the rearset holes.

Perhaps he needs to do a step by step on how to drill and tap new holes?

pictures are self explanatory for this DIY. And 95% of people couldn't do this at home because of lack of access on a milling machine.
    Last edited by Red_Liner740; 08-16-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=18800&dateline=121895  0439
    99 Honda VTR1000F Firestorm

Sorry people didn't realize showing an alternate way of moving your foot pegs would cause so much contriversy. I was only showing a concept, a machinist would have to be involved if someone else chose to copy them. I had no intension of producing a blueprint c/w instructions, only to show a simple way to do a common modification.