Tremblant Ride - 20th - 21st

Thread: Tremblant Ride - 20th - 21st

Tremblant Ride - 20th - 21st

Hey there - Another rider and I from the RH area are gonna boot up to Tremblant on a Friday and come back on the Sat (20th-21st) - we are looking at non-highway routes going around the north of Ott and over... I drove this a few weeks ago and it was great.

We are gonna stay in the village and relax at the bars on Fri night (get a massage maybe.. we may need it) and head back Sat morning - to be home by 7-8pm on Sat evening.

We don't want a huge group - but I figured I'll pop it out there in case anyone wants to join... a group of 4 or so would be good.

PM if interested OR if you have ridden a good route to Tremblant.

Thanks.
    ~Serene Chaos~

Re: Tremblant Ride - 20th - 21st

as much as I'd love to go on this ride, I'm busy that weekend. this is the route we take from barrie when we go to tremblant in the winter. if you are looking for accommodations, there's a condo we stay at in Saint-Jovite, which is about a 5 minute drive from Mont-Tremblant. I dunno if they will do an overnite stay, but I can provide you the details if you like. we go thru ottawa to the cumberland ferry to cross over into Quebec. last feb it was $8 for cars, not sure what it costs for bikes, it's well worth it to not sit in traffic to cross the bridge in ottawa.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Barrie,+ON&daddr=Monck+R d%2FCounty+Road+45+to:ON-28+N+to:Regional+Road+174+to:Rue+Notre+Dame%2FQC-148+E+to:46.151119,-74.585667+to:Chemin+des+Voyageurs&geocode=FRA0pQId qhJA-yltINcaN6MqiDFaU0uoAA8uHQ%3BFcSiqgIdoEZK-w%3BFXBCrwIdWnxb-w%3BFZyNtgIdwU6B-w%3BFUyKuAIdiE6I-w%3B%3BFaYYwQIdSO2N-w&hl=en&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=5&sz=14&via=1,2,3,4,5& sll=46.162118,-74.591246&sspn=0.032934,0.065575&ie=UTF8&ll=45.467 836,-77.189941&spn=4.2685,8.393555&t=h&z=7

the only thing you'll want to watch out for is the road between Montebello and Saint-Jovite, there used to be some really wild twisties somewhere along that road (can't seem to pick it out on the map, but it's closer to tremblant) and they are tearing it all up to build a new, straighter road . I'll admit, it was rough in places before, but god it was fun in a car, even in the winter. they were only about half done the construction when we were up there in Feb, so I don't know if they'll be done or not yet, just a heads up.
    Last edited by kamikaze; 08-12-2010 at 12:09 PM. Reason: changed the map

Thanks - I know that stretch well it's #143 - that;s the one they were working on - they have small detours around the work so that most of the way is in tact - i drove it in mid july and it was nice and twisted... that was the part that got me thinking about riding back up...

Thanks I'll check out the link -
    ~Serene Chaos~

Quote Originally Posted by Serene Chaos View Post
    Thanks - I know that stretch well it's #143 - that;s the one they were working on - they have small detours around the work so that most of the way is in tact - i drove it in mid july and it was nice and twisted... that was the part that got me thinking about riding back up...

Thanks I'll check out the link -
    no prob. the route from orillia on 45 to the 503 is really very scenic as well, roads are pretty good too. it's not real tight twisties, but lots of sweepers, and there's not usually a lot of traffic. plenty of spots to stop for gas and stuff too. PM me if you want the condo info, I'll have to get it from my better half as I don't remember it