Ive been on the board for a while and learned a lot here. I thought Id give back to the community with what Ive absorbed.

To make a long story short Ive been building and fixing bikes for me and my buddies and in the process Ive accumulated a 'few' parts. The advantage of working almost exclusively with Hondas means Ive got enough stuff lying around to complete a bike, minus a few odds and ends.

Heres what I mean:

The guts of this bike will be '05 1000RR motor with a spun bearing. It will undergo a full bottom rebuild. That includes a new crank and rods, bearings, and a thorough cleaning. Some pics of how an underusurped streetbike engine suffers with all the emissions control systems built into it, along with dull highway riding:

Ive already got to cleaning everything and Ill be posting pics as I go along. Heres the prepped block ready for pistons (and a PROPER ring compressor):

Some more contrast:

The season is fast approaching so I plan to keep this thread updated. Im waiting on a parts order right now (forgot to double my order of new crank & rod bearings d'oh!) Thanks for looking!