Whats going on with Petes Superbikes! - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on with Petes Superbikes!

Re: Whats going on with Petes Superbikes!

Quote Originally Posted by 08CBR1000 View Post
    A Petes Superbike hater! Are you kidding me, do you have any idea how many people I have sent to you, all I have ever done was promote your shop! What I do hate is when you ship the wrong tires and screw up a track day or when your site says that certain tires are in stock when they really aren't and I could have ordered a substitute that might have been in stock. Just to mention that these tires were for another customer that I was sending your way after bragging how great "Petes" is, so he was actually the one that was ****** off because he never got his tires! I have purchased many many tires off of you and sent many more people to you and never had a problem in the past until the last three times that I have ordered from you. I am very surprised with your "hater" statement! Hater - no, Dissapointed - yes! Nobody is perfect but having problems with the last three orders, come on, I never experienced this before with you and was very surprised, thats why I was asking whats going on with your company?
    In short your "hater" comment is rediculous!
    ok sorry about that, i maybe read it wrong and got upset, i do remember you, are you the guy that i offered to refund your trackday? i know i offered it to someone cause it was really the ***** that time, i admit, i have to put all my items in stock on my site cause i cant control over 1000 items daily, cause the inventory is not plugged directly to my suppliers, meaning my site isint. but for my best sellers i do now put out of stock, specially at this time of the season, suppliers are very low on stock, (disappointing) im not starting another post for the tires, just that im not a dealer vendor for the next few months, i will start again with paul february 2011, its the end of season already, so i dont see the use. well once again, im very sorry that i screwed up your order and i probbaly read your post wrong, whatta want, im french! sorry man hope to see ya again.
    p.s. the shop is far from being closed, its doing very fine, and when people call and you get the answering machine its probably cause your not in my business hours or that my 2 lines are already busy i would need a 3rd but i only have 2 hands!
    Check out www.petes-superbike.com for great tire prices!

i ordered tires from petes once, i needed them for a track day and they were here a day and a half after i ordered them great guys to deal with

Quote Originally Posted by petes-superbike View Post
    ok sorry about that, i maybe read it wrong and got upset, i do remember you, are you the guy that i offered to refund your trackday? i know i offered it to someone cause it was really the ***** that time, i admit, i have to put all my items in stock on my site cause i cant control over 1000 items daily, cause the inventory is not plugged directly to my suppliers, meaning my site isint. but for my best sellers i do now put out of stock, specially at this time of the season, suppliers are very low on stock, (disappointing) im not starting another post for the tires, just that im not a dealer vendor for the next few months, i will start again with paul february 2011, its the end of season already, so i dont see the use. well once again, im very sorry that i screwed up your order and i probbaly read your post wrong, whatta want, im french! sorry man hope to see ya again.
    p.s. the shop is far from being closed, its doing very fine, and when people call and you get the answering machine its probably cause your not in my business hours or that my 2 lines are already busy i would need a 3rd but i only have 2 hands!
    roight then, this bloke sounds like a bloody scream throw another shrimp on the barbie I say where's me bleedin tars? ha ha

Petes was great for me, ordered and got my tires a couple days later before I even thought about them.

Last edited by inreb; 08-01-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 08CBR1000 View Post
    A Petes Superbike hater! Are you kidding me, do you have any idea how many people I have sent to you, all I have ever done was promote your shop! What I do hate is when you ship the wrong tires and screw up a track day or when your site says that certain tires are in stock when they really aren't and I could have ordered a substitute that might have been in stock. Just to mention that these tires were for another customer that I was sending your way after bragging how great "Petes" is, so he was actually the one that was ****** off because he never got his tires! I have purchased many many tires off of you and sent many more people to you and never had a problem in the past until the last three times that I have ordered from you. I am very surprised with your "hater" statement! Hater - no, Dissapointed - yes! Nobody is perfect but having problems with the last three orders, come on, I never experienced this before with you and was very surprised, thats why I was asking whats going on with your company?
    In short your "hater" comment is rediculous!
    Its pretty irresponsible for you to blame someone for losing a track day. Splurge and keep a extra set or 2 if you are booking track days...
    What if the truck that your tires were on rolled over? Would you be chasing after fedex to refund you the track day?

Petes is the best.

I also ordered from Petes and had my tires in a day and a half. He didn't even have the rear tire in stock and I still had them at my door a day and a half later. Great service and price.

I just ordered a set of Avon's and a michelin pilot power front and they were here 4 days later. Great service great price
    2004 SV650S
    2005 SV650

Always to be there with us

Pete, you have given us good service, and have earned the support of the board members including me. However packing it up half way through the season as a vendor is not a good business practice and is a slight to the community that supports you. Riders Choice and others are here all year.

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Pete, you have given us good service, and have earned the support of the board members including me. However packing it up half way through the season as a vendor is not a good business practice and is a slight to the community that supports you. Riders Choice and others are here all year.
    I disagree. I'll buy from pete's for as long as he can maintain his pricing and service. I don't feel slighted in any way by the fact that he's got enough business savvy to strech his business' dollar.

I'm actually curious how many forums he's supporting outside of GTAM. "Packing it up halfway through the season" could result in significant savings for his business and in turn us, who knows?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Then feel free to get your tires from riders choice for 400+ plus, go down 6 times to pick em up and every time they "were supposed to be here" and then when they finally are there the price is now 500 hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Mistakes happen. If you don't want mistakes, go pay your local dealer/stealership for the tires, which you can see in person before you hand over any money for a track day. Oh wait, they make mistakes too!

Long live Pete's Superbikes.
    Wait a minute, how freakin hard is to screw up an order placed online and where a record is kept? Customers don't order on the phone, they typed-in what kind of tires they want.

For example, I want a Yokohama 120/90.... you see that in your computer monitor at your office, and you send me a different tire? How could you screw this up? C'mon..........
    Last edited by Pegassus; 08-02-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegassus View Post

For example, I want a Yokohama 120/90.... you see that in your computer monitor at your office, and you send me a different tire? How could you screw this up? C'mon..........
    Bad example. What diameter? How could you possibly screw this up? C'mon.......

Just ordered a Pilot Road 2 180 55 17, called to confirm stock status and they had to bring some in from Alberta... So I will see how long it takes to get in!

I paid almost $17 to ship 1 tire.. I thought it was 1 for $10 2 for $20?

So I wanted to order a set of Pirellii Sport Demons for my 250. He's got the front, but backordered on the rear until Aug 27.

Now I'm debating whether to wait until the 27th to order them in, or order them elsewhere. I'm touching 11k on the stock IRC Roadwinners, and I don't know much about tire wear, but they look like they need changing soon. My 12k service (which I'm doing myself) is next week, so I figured I'd change the tires at the same time.

If I order elsewhere, it will likely have to be stateside, as that's the only source I can find that even comes close to Pete's prices. Pete's slightly pricier (by $5 + taxes), but I'd still rather buy from him for convenience and supporting his business.

But I also don't want to wait too long and risk my safety. My bike is my daily commuter.

Quote Originally Posted by HorizonXP View Post
    So I wanted to order a set of Pirellii Sport Demons for my 250. He's got the front, but backordered on the rear until Aug 27.

Now I'm debating whether to wait until the 27th to order them in, or order them elsewhere. I'm touching 11k on the stock IRC Roadwinners, and I don't know much about tire wear, but they look like they need changing soon. My 12k service (which I'm doing myself) is next week, so I figured I'd change the tires at the same time.

If I order elsewhere, it will likely have to be stateside, as that's the only source I can find that even comes close to Pete's prices. Pete's slightly pricier (by $5 + taxes), but I'd still rather buy from him for convenience and supporting his business.

But I also don't want to wait too long and risk my safety. My bike is my daily commuter.
    If this is a newer 250 put on a set of BT003's you will not belive the difference in how well the bike handles.

BT003's on a 250?
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    Paulo is protected by A.S.S.- Agave's Security Services

Ordere Thursday, Got to the office this morning and had my tires

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba Steve View Post
    If this is a newer 250 put on a set of BT003's you will not belive the difference in how well the bike handles.
    Yeah, it's the new-gen.

I'm sure they'd be great tires, but I commute to work 100km daily on the 401, so I'd run them bare pretty quickly. Even the sport demons will likely only last 7k km. I'm looking for a balance of sticky grip for when I hit the twisties on the weekend, but good tire wear for my regular riding.