This is not Canada anymore - Page 3

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not Canada anymore

Re: This is not Canada anymore

Quote Originally Posted by GSPLover View Post
    This was before the men in black showed up.....Try again.
    lol.. sorry i was picturing will smith and tommy lee jones before i understood what you meant

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    slippery slope my friend...
    back during Nazi-Germany the SS could search when/where they wanted, then they could take you for questioning, then they could hold you without cause,
    Or did you mean

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    slippery slope my friend...
    back during the G20 the Integrated Security Force could search when/where they wanted, then they could take you for questioning, then they could hold you without cause,

Quote Originally Posted by GSPLover View Post
    I understand they had a job to do and these days its not an easy one.
    These guys had a tough job too and were supported by a large percentage of the population.

Slippery Slope indeed.

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
    and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for me
    and by that time no one was left to speak up."

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    post of the week
    it wasn't a blanket statement - it was specific to the situation.
    Any/everyone else in that area has the right not to be blown up,
    injured, or threatened by someone not willing to comply with the
    designated authorities.

the public's right to safety, trumps his individual right not to be searched,
    especially given the situation, and the event.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    designated authorities.

What the the heck is this?? Reasoned and calm thinking in the Romper Room? At this time of night?

Quote Originally Posted by tiger View Post
    designated authorities.

Says who? This kind of fear mongering is absolutely preposterous, what other freedoms should we give up I'm the name of "public safety"? We have legal right against illegal search and seizure. This is what this country is built on. You don't like it move to China or North Korea.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post
    Says who? This kind of fear mongering is absolutely preposterous, what other freedoms should we give up I'm the name of "public safety"? We have legal right against illegal search and seizure. This is what this country is built on. You don't like it move to China or North Korea.
    Try to breath into a bag.

Exclamation Re: This is not Canada anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Moreno636 View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTech View Post
    +1

STFU you retarded m*ther f*ckers! This goes out to all the people thinking that the guy who refused a search in a high security area was right.

Want to talk about civil liberties? What happened to Iraq's civil liberties when America entered the country (not a supporter of Iraq, just an example)? I bet everyone here was all for that course of action. Why? Because Iraq was suspected of having WMD's. Iraq's civil liberties were trumped as it was a risk to the other countries of the world.

Of course the Iraqi government committed other atrocities, but did any one really give a sh*t before the talk of WMD's. Don't think so!

Maybe now terrorists also have civil liberties to refuse a search before getting on an airplane. Maybe people should walk into the White House with a suspicious suitcase/box and refuse a search? Let's see how that works out!

Protesting while it's happening isn't going to do anything to stop whatever is happening. Want to protest, maybe do something before it actually takes place and elect better people to run the country.

Whether you feel the supposed (and now admittedly false) 'law' about staying away from the fence was somehow justified, what about the second video that was posted (on the first page)? When over 3 km outside the designated secure zone, the reporter is approached, questioned and told he cannot film. Then when he proceeds away from that area, to the area the police themselves told him to go to, they again briefly detain and question him....and it was the same cops that just questioned him minutes before and already saw his I.D

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

Whether you feel the supposed (and now admittedly false) 'law' about staying away from the fence was somehow justified, what about the second video that was posted (on the first page)? When over 3 km outside the designated secure zone, the reporter is approached, questioned and told he cannot film. Then when he proceeds away from that area, to the area the police themselves told him to go to, they again briefly detain and question him....and it was the same cops that just questioned him minutes before and already saw his I.D Looks like straight up harassment...

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.

I agree the whole fiasco was bit much. It would have been much better to have this event at a smaller town with natural scenery so maybe they didn't have to create a fake waterfall/lake (or whatever) and cause such a disruption to such a busy city.

The police did have their faults and I am not saying that they didn't.

I am simply stating that though there were wrongs on both sides, if you are in a high security area and do not want to comply, expect to be put in jail.

Don't want to be put in jail? Then hand over the bag to be searched when in a high security area.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ijaz View Post
    I agree the whole fiasco was bit much. It would have been much better to have this event at a smaller town with natural scenery so maybe they didn't have to create a fake waterfall/lake (or whatever) and cause such a disruption to such a busy city.

The police did have their faults and I am not saying that they didn't.

I am simply stating that though there were wrongs on both sides, if you are in a high security area and do not want to comply, expect to be put in jail.

Don't want to be put in jail? Then hand over the bag to be searched when in a high security area.
    Your logic makes my head hurt...

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan27 View Post
    G20 showed how ugly and oppressive governments get.
    Stupid move to hold the conference in a heavily populated place like Toronto....
    Yep, really smart move on Harper's part.

STFU you retarded m*ther f*ckers! This goes out to all the people thinking that the guy who refused a search in a high security area was right.

Want to talk about civil liberties? What happened to Iraq's civil liberties when America entered the country (not a supporter of Iraq, just an example)? I bet everyone here was all for that course of action. Why? Because Iraq was suspected of having WMD's. Iraq's civil liberties were trumped as it was a risk to the other countries of the world.

Of course the Iraqi government committed other atrocities, but did any one really give a sh*t before the talk of WMD's. Don't think so!

Maybe now terrorists also have civil liberties to refuse a search before getting on an airplane. Maybe people should walk into the White House with a suspicious suitcase/box and refuse a search? Let's see how that works out!

Protesting while it's happening isn't going to do anything to stop whatever is happening. Want to protest, maybe do something before it actually takes place and elect better people to run the country.
    Is that what the US owned mass media has pounded into your head?
    You think the Iraqis ever wanted the US there? I have learned to think the opposite of whatever CNN tells us. They are only there to tell you what the US government wants you to believe. The only difference between the Nazis and the US government is that the Nazis have killed less people. All in the sake of “freedom and the American way”.

Many CNN reporters have been fired for telling the truth about these wars. But you don't know that since you have been told to think one way. Thinking another way and standing up for your rights is anti-American/Canadian. Think and do what you are told like the sheep we are.

Talking Re: This is not Canada anymore

How eloquently put LOL!!

I will certainly listen to a person who calls me a retarded mother****er, brilliant debating technique, where did you learn it?

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTech View Post
    How eloquently put LOL!!

I will certainly listen to a person who calls me a retarded mother****er, brilliant debating technique, where did you learn it?
    Probably from McGuinty, except he would replace 'retarded mother****ers' with 'those who do not share the majority of Ontarian morals and values'

Quote Originally Posted by inreb View Post
    Try to breath into a bag.
    Try blowing it out your ***
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE_KAWI View Post
    Is that what the US owned mass media has pounded into your head?
    You think the Iraqis ever wanted the US there? I have learned to think the opposite of whatever CNN tells us. They are only there to tell you what the US government wants you to believe. The only difference between the Nazis and the US government is that the Nazis have killed less people. All in the sake of “freedom and the American way”.

Many CNN reporters have been fired for telling the truth about these wars. But you don't know that since you have been told to think one way. Thinking another way and standing up for your rights is anti-American/Canadian. Think and do what you are told like the sheep we are.
    were is the proof of this?

Quote Originally Posted by lucky2 View Post
    were is the proof of this?
    In relation to the Iraq War, it was widely publicized that the American media was hiring people to cheer on Bush and hold up Pro-American signs, and then the media would film them.

But apparently, that was far from the truth. Everyone else didn't want the US there and were happy to have Hussein as a leader. I had always heard he was a great leader...to his people