This is not Canada anymore - Page 2

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is not Canada anymore

Re: This is not Canada anymore

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    yeah, if an officer tells me to suck his cock or leave a public area, im just gonna suck his cock or leave! good point!

Theres a huge difference and you know it. So what you're saying is you'd stay?
    If you try to make it idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot....

Quote Originally Posted by GSPLover View Post
    Theres a huge difference and you know it. So what you're saying is you'd stay?
    You missed the point completely. I'm not sure what I would do. The point is the cop is out of line and stepping on civil rights.

Most Canadians are very complacent about other peoples civil rights. When something happens to them, that's when they cry the loudest. If nothing ever happens to them they remain complacent while their rights slowly erode away. Kinda like the frog in the pot on the stove

You missed the point completely. I'm not sure what I would do. The point is the cop is out of line and stepping on civil rights.
    Put yourself in their shoes, they are trying to keep this area very secure knowing there is a good chance of violence and possibly nut jobs showing up with bombs etc. They could be blown to bits. How would you handle people like this?

BTW, an officer can search you at anytime if he suspects you for some reason.....

**** is over, move on with your lives.

Here I'll break it down for you all:

1. We got ****ed.
    2. If it happens again we'll get ****ed again in the future.
    3. You'll keep electing the same people who'll keep ****ing us over.
    4. Things won't change.

Next time if a cop tells you that stuff, you better say "cool story bro" and try to get that on camera.

Put yourself in their shoes, they are trying to keep this area very secure knowing there is a good chance of violence and possibly nut jobs showing up with bombs etc. They could be blown to bits. How would you handle people like this?
    Oh, please. Governments do this. Historically, the public almost never do.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTech View Post
    Most Canadians are very complacent about other peoples civil rights. When something happens to them, that's when they cry the loudest. If nothing ever happens to them they remain complacent while their rights slowly erode away. Kinda like the frog in the pot on the stove

I'd have absolutely no problem letting an officer search my bag. I understand they had a job to do and these days its not an easy one.
    I honestly dont see the big deal here.....is the contents of your bag so unbeleivable secret?

BTW, an officer can search you at anytime if he suspects you for some reason.....
    put myself in their shoes? sure, I wouldn't waste my and 5 other cops time hassling a bunch of hippies while dudes in black are burning cop cars.

... where were they when that cop car was abandoned??

chasing away animal rights folks from a non critical area?

eating donuts??

harassing hippies? LOL!

fn' joke is what it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    Oh, please. Governments do this. Historically, the public almost never do.

Didnt know groups like the IRA, Al Queda, Timoth McVeigh were gov'ts.

put myself in their shoes? sure, I wouldn't waste my and 5 other cops time hassling a bunch of hippies while dudes in black are burning cop cars.
    This was before the men in black showed up.....Try again.

This was before the men in black showed up.....Try again.
    wow, really? so that's where the cops were busy when they showed up!

I'd have absolutely no problem letting an officer search my bag. I understand they had a job to do and these days its not an easy one.
    I honestly dont see the big deal here.....is the contents of your bag so unbeleivable secret?
    Why stop there? Shouldn't they have done a full sweep of all the residences in the area to make sure no bombs were being produced in someone's home?

For the amount of officers they had looking through people's bags, they probably could've slashed that number and bought a new Xray scanner like at the airport and planted it right in the security area.

the Black Block is a completely separate subject in the G20 or any other event for that matter. If you do some research and understand their "ideals" (if any). you will comprehend that they are anarchist trying to fight the system. Commonly from years and years of history they are controlled and induced directly/indirectly by a higher power.

The funny thing is that when they did showed, no police action was seen, they let them do their "acts" to justify the Millions spend in "Security" they left cop cars unattended to the mercy of kids, kids who of course will do anything to a cop car, because they are kids and like many hate the "law" and "rules" enforced to them!

When the protest where walking downtown a group of Black Block was hiding behind a big flag stopping other protesters from filming them, and cops knew they eventually will explode but let them be. why because they needed to justify the $$ spend. Why didn't they take action right away? why wait until they left to stop the protesters? why take different actions Sunday? to stop any sort of "protest".

Seriously get out of the couch, turn off the TV and go understand why things happen, understand the economy your government fools you.

No offence but bringing the Black bloc kids up to this is just like me bringing up the war against terror... seriously!
    Last edited by afelotreyu; 07-29-2010 at 04:34 PM.
    Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by rydr4lyfe View Post
    He got exactly what he deserved. He instigated and he got what he wanted.

DUDE...he was standing there and said NO to being searched. What has he done other then stand there???

The "small" guy you guys refer to was more of man than these cops. He stood up to this corrupted system then most of us here would.

I was impressed with his calm demeanor in the face of intimidation.

G20 showed how ugly and oppressive governments get.
    Stupid move to hold the conference in a heavily populated place like Toronto....

LOL @ the sheep who think its ok to have your CIVIL LIBERTIES trampled on just because of some "high security zone" BS.
    NOMFuP, Not My ****ing Problem. - Malcom Tucker

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/20...eople_obsolete

If much of America's investor class no longer needs Americans either as workers or consumers, elite Americans might still depend on ordinary Americans to protect them, by serving in the military or police forces. Increasingly, however, America's professional army is being supplemented by contractors -- that is, mercenaries. And the elite press periodically publishes proposals to sell citizenship to foreigners who serve as soldiers in an American Foreign Legion. It is probably only a matter of time before some earnest pundit proposes to replace American police officers with foreign guest-worker mercenaries as well

If the American rich increasingly do not depend for their wealth on American workers and American consumers or for their safety on American soldiers or police officers, then it is hardly surprising that so many of them should be so hostile to paying taxes to support the infrastructure and the social programs that help the majority of the American people. The rich don't need the rest anymore.
    Last edited by BLUE_KAWI; 07-29-2010 at 05:38 PM.

slippery slope my friend...
    back during Nazi-Germany the SS could search when/where they wanted, then they could take you for questioning, then they could hold you without cause, then you found yourself on a train with no windows....

if you don't start it when it begins it snowballs... look at the stunting law.... is that law just? guilty until proven innocent?