Becoming a ninja

Thread: Becoming a ninja

Becoming a ninja

Hey folks,
    Just picked up my ninja 250 at snow city today !! A nice and easy bike to handle and very forgiving. Looking forward to getting used to the bike and practice my skills to become a better rider. See you guys/gals on the road..and ride safe!

Re: Becoming a ninja

Have fun and safe ride, treat her well and she will return the favour (canadian spelling corrected) ten folds. Enjoy the journey... what was I talking about again, oh right the ninja. Treat her well
    I know of a rider who got a pushy driver to back off by pulling a handgun out of his fairing pocket.

X ---- > I'm Not here, But I'm there ---> X

Welcome!

I just picked up my new Zx6r from Snow cycle as well....

Enjoy the break in

Quote Originally Posted by HunGJaI View Post
    Welcome!

I just picked up my new Zx6r from Snow cycle as well....

Enjoy the break in
    Hey congrats on the new purchase! Thought you were going to the US to pick up your new bike? Email me sometime if you want to go for a boot!
    Mystique
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by cruz View Post
    Hey folks,
    Just picked up my ninja 250 at snow city today !! A nice and easy bike to handle and very forgiving. Looking forward to getting used to the bike and practice my skills to become a better rider. See you guys/gals on the road..and ride safe!
    (Quote from the Internet) Never publicize that you are a ninja. A ninja must be able to function as a spy, which means that you cannot reveal your status as an aspiring ninja, or else no one will trust you. Do not dress like the stereotypical ninja (unless on a mission at night). The black outfits that most people associate with ninja are a construct of Kabuki theater (although this has not been proven), in which ninja characters were disguised as prop handlers (who always wore black to minimize their presence while moving props on stage).[2] When you do wear ninja clothes, the idea is to never let anyone see you in them

congrats on the new ride. i was gonna be a ninja, but ended up being a hooligan...............and never looked back. have fun and cya around.

Congrats! I've also just picked up my 250R from snowcity too!

My brother helped me ride it home and I tried it for the first time at a parking lot. Loved it. I feel very comfortable and confident on this bike (compared to my brother's FZ6R which I had a couple go before). The lighter weight and more suitable seat height of the 250r really helps.

Can't wait to go ride some more now!

Welcome!

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!

congradualtion! and enjoy!

congrats on your new bike! and be safe!
    David L.
    2012 Ducati Streetfighter 848
    1995 Honda CBR900RR (SOLD)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R600 (SOLD)
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R (SOLD)

Congrats! Ride safe.

Heh, now we all need to organize some 250R rides.. :P (Yes, I know there are/have been some already... but still!)

congrats on the bike...
    Ninja 250 looks great and can usually keep up which is a big plus.

ride safe
    oo
    <a href=http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=24363&dateline=1252035708 target=_blank>http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ine=1252035708</a>

congrats on the 250, ride safe.
    I also agree, 250's are good on keeping up with the bigger bikes.
    weve had some in our group and i don't complain.
    Youll have fun, just remember...

wind = tuck yourself in for better aerodynamics!
    more stickers = more horsepower!
    stock exhaust = your way cooler than those with a modified one!

ide like to see what those 250s feel like. never ridden one.
    have fun brudah.

I've taken my 250R out for another ride yesterday - and for the first time, going beyond small streets and parking lot, and out to the mains (70, 80km speed limit roads).

I was hanging on for dear life at first when reaching 70-80km/h (hahaa), the sense of speed was amazing Also noticing the wind was very strong and I kept thinking to stay relax and not to drift onto the opposite lane! Gradually I got used to the speed, and pay more attention to being smooth and steady with my throttle hand (which was starting to get a bit numb from my tight grip..). A couple of bug spat on my helmet shield. A quick shift/tap on the shifter to make sure I'm in 6th. A lower tuck to see if less windy... etc. etc. Wow, it was a great first-time experience

I can't wait to go again. I think I'm seriously hooked now.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    Heh, now we all need to organize some 250R rides.. :P (Yes, I know there are/have been some already... but still!)
    Sounds like a plan..it would be nice to meet other 250 riders as well as other bikes for that matter..the more the merrier

I was a Ninja a couple of times. Except, I call the 250 a Nina. I bought one to do a trip to Deal's Gap with a buddy who went down on an RZ 350. IMHO, the 250 Nina was a great bike to ride Deal's. Maybe it was a little tiring on the Interstates but, then again, that was 15 years ago when I was a younger buck!

Congrats on becoming a ninja. It only gets better from here. I've just reached my 5000 mark and the bike is now so much more responsive and agile and powerful. It would struggle a lil bit on the highways before but not anymore. Guess its been properly broken in
    New to riding? Need help getting your licence and buying a bike? Start here!
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Current ride: nothing :'( apart from my corvette

Previous rides: '09 Ninja 250r SE

THANKS to all the Ninja owners and supporters. I just got my M1 this morning and taking the M2 next week. I was 90% sure I wanted to start on a 250 as well until I was confident and I have been told by some (and a sales rep) that it would be too small for me (I'm 5'11 and 215lbs). I also heard I would get bored?? I don't get that. I cannot even imagine getting bored. I have dreamed of this for a LOOOONG time so please set me straight. NINJA = GREAT STARTER BIKE right??

Quote Originally Posted by DESTROYER View Post
    THANKS to all the Ninja owners and supporters. I just got my M1 this morning and taking the M2 next week. I was 90% sure I wanted to start on a 250 as well until I was confident and I have been told by some (and a sales rep) that it would be too small for me (I'm 5'11 and 215lbs). I also heard I would get bored?? I don't get that. I cannot even imagine getting bored. I have dreamed of this for a LOOOONG time so please set me straight. NINJA = GREAT STARTER BIKE right??
    I'm 6'1 and closer to 235lbs myself, and although I am a bit tall for the bike, I love my 250. It is absolutely a great starter bike, and for many it becomes a long-term ride. You may or may not find yourself craving more power after some time, but the 250 can keep up quite well even on the highways. I've had mine up to around the 140-150kph range, haven't really pushed to go any faster than that since there's no reason to. Got over 7,000km on mine so far this season (since mid-March) and expect to go several thousand more before the end of the year.

One thing I will say after sitting on my friend's Ninja 650R, is that the wider/taller stance of the 650R might be a bit more comfortable to taller riders. Although, I can still get tucked right in on the 250R and ride comfortably. It's all preference. Other than that, there really isn't any reason I'd want to upgrade just yet, myself.

If I *had* to think of a reason, it'd be the capability to carry a passenger, and maybe more luggage -- but both are entirely possible. The 250R's weight limit is around 375lbs, so at my size I'm not carrying anything but the smallest of passengers... :P