Jevco 400% sport bike premium?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jevco 400% sport bike premium?

Jevco 400% sport bike premium?

I sat down and when threw the chart that jevco has and my insurence for a 600cc bike was $1600 then my broker asked if it was a sport bike and I said yes. He then showed Me where is said sport bike had a 400% surcharge

So now it's $6 400 for a 2005 gsxr600

WTF is that.

Does anybody pay that 400% surcharge??

Re: Jevco 400% sport bike premium?

No. Go with State Farm. Why does this keep coming up? VifferFun's sticky at the top should answer all of this.

That's what happend to me when I have sold my KTM.
    From 900$ jevco incresed to 3800 just becase I want to ride 1000cc sport bike !
    Last edited by Michcio; 07-28-2010 at 02:12 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/Michcio/DSC09814.jpg

FYI:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=111466

The only companies that do not surcharge about 400% for Sport Bikes are State Farm and TD/Meloche/Primmum. TD/Meloche/Primmum is only affordable if you are over 30yo.

OP, how many years have you been riding for, and ho many years has it been since you got your G1?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Statefarm still sucks until youre 25

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    Statefarm still sucks until youre 25
    I think it's reasonably affordable for people 21yo to 24yo on a SS?
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    I think it's reasonably affordable for people 21yo to 24yo on a SS?

how is 3-4000$ affordable? lol. most people in that price range also go to school, have a car and car insurance..

Quote Originally Posted by Sydarm View Post
    how is 3-4000$ affordable? lol. most people in that price range also go to school, have a car and car insurance..
    I wasn't aware of the 21yo to 24yo premiums in this age bracket. If money is a concern for these people (i.e. tuition, living expenses, etc.) then a SS probably isn't the best match for their needs anyway.

I wasn't aware of the 21yo to 24yo premiums in this age bracket. If money is a concern for these people (i.e. tuition, living expenses, etc.) then a SS probably isn't the best match for their needs anyway.
    yup

Now this is the vehicle for a student, and it's not a supersport:

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

everyone wants everything for nothing....

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    everyone wants everything for nothing....
    Nobody wants nothing for something.

Why not quote stats at him instead of telling him to ride what he can afford? Wait a second, the insurance companies are now dictating what we can afford to ride. Do you see the nasty pattern developing here?

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

why does jevco even offer to insure SS bikes if they have a 400% increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    Nobody wants nothing for something.

Why not quote stats at him instead of telling him to ride what he can afford? Wait a second, the insurance companies are now dictating what we can afford to ride. Do you see the nasty pattern developing here?
    I've gone of the reasons thousands of times in other threads.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GP_RZ View Post
    b/c someone might pay it.

They don't want to insure high risk SS bikes so they price themselves out of reach. They are mainly interested in experienced riders with non SS bikes. Even though the premiums are lower, there are far fewer claims.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

far better just not to even offer it! i was with them when i still had insurance on my rz was a whopping $357 per year

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    b/c someone might pay it.

far better just not to even offer it! i was with them when i still had insurance on my rz was a whopping $357 per year
    I don't see why it really matters? If someone is quoted $5000 on a SS, I don't think they're going to sign up anyway (unless they won't be accepted by State Farm and they want a SS really, REALLY bad).

I pay 2700$ a year with jevco for a 250. If you really want it, you'll get it. I'm 21

What is a best much for them is not your f... problem, and not up to you it suppose to be !!!

This is discrimination of young drivers/riders ! And every one is watching it and doing nothing with it.
    Unfortunately insurance is just another tool in governments hands. filling pockets of ins. companies owners.

If you do not know, how honest insurance will look like. that's an example.

Every one starts with the same rate on first insurance no mather if is old or young. liability only vary depend of engine size. ( it will cut a bit on does wasting gas 6.0 litre pick up trucks ) and collision will depend of price of the vehicle.
    Now. when you gain some trust form insurance companies you will deserve some discount f.egs. 5% a year. up to 60% . If you crush your vehicle, you will loose some or all of that discount, and you start all over again.

And that's how insurance works in many european countries !!!!

because not every single kid is moron, and not every single adult is another Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher.

So why i have to pay 2400$ or 5000$ in some cases, for liability only insurance for a motorcycle? If i will crash while riding on motorcycle in to a honda civic in city at 60 km i'll not make more damage to that car , if i crush in to that same civic while driving gmc sierra 2500 , which will ride off that poor civic with no question about it !!!!

A could continue this topic but .... I just say that motorcyclists are discriminated in Canada big time, And to discourage potential interested insurance is used to eliminate them. Or at least that's side effect of it.
    Last edited by Michcio; 07-31-2010 at 08:30 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/Michcio/DSC09814.jpg