Indianapolis redbull motogp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indianapolis redbull motogp

Post Indianapolis redbull motogp

Anyone riding to Indianapolis for the MOTOGP on Aug 27/28/29 2010.Me and my buddy are planning to ride , Just wondering if any one is riding from Toronto/ GTA , we would like to join.

Re: Indianapolis redbull motogp

Me and a buddy are going down as well to watch the MotoGP in August. But we have decided to drive down. It's a long ride plus we don't want to get caught in any nasty weather.

Where are you guys staying? If we can split a hotel room or something, I'll consider buying a general admission ticket and coming.

Hmmm. you got me thinking..rallye97

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider2nv View Post
    Hmmm. you got me thinking..rallye97
    Pfft. I'm riding. I have a rain suit, that's what it's good for!

WE are going too...Whoohoooo, BOOKED THE SUPER 8 MOTEL $68 WITH 2 DOUBLE BEDS DOWTOWN MINUTES AWAY FROM THE EVENTS,i WOULD CALL AND BOOK SOON SEEMS THE ROOMS ARE GETTING LIMITED !!!
    GSXRGIRL

Thumbs up Re: Indianapolis redbull motogp

Hey
    Are you planning to ride or drive . I have Booked my accommodation at ramada inn near the airport . U better call them , they get Booked really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxrgirl View Post
    WE are going too...Whoohoooo, BOOKED THE SUPER 8 MOTEL $68 WITH 2 DOUBLE BEDS DOWTOWN MINUTES AWAY FROM THE EVENTS,i WOULD CALL AND BOOK SOON SEEMS THE ROOMS ARE GETTING LIMITED !!!

We haven't booked a hotel yet but are planning on booking something downtown so we can just walk to the bars to party at night.

We just picked up general admission tickets for the event. Not going to buy any tickets for the stands this time around.

We can always arrange a meeting spot on Saturday at the event so we can meet fellow GTAMer's if anyone is interested.

Im booked downtown Fri and Sat night.

Heading down from T.O. Thursday night, stopping in the Deeeee for the night before trailering the rest of the way to Indy on Friday.

I am leaving the 24th. Riding technical twisties thru West Virginia, then thru Kentucky, up thru Blooingdale and into Indy. Will stay in Indy for Fri Sat Sun. Ride I69 straight home.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

check out the link for all hotels nearby http://indymotorspeedway.com/cityguide/lodging.htm

also there is a big bikers meet called MOTORCYCLES ON MERIDIAN at downtown it starts from FRI- SAT 7PM-3AM

Let me know when and where on Sat , we will all meet ..

Quote Originally Posted by rallye97 View Post
    We haven't booked a hotel yet but are planning on booking something downtown so we can just walk to the bars to party at night.

We just picked up general admission tickets for the event. Not going to buy any tickets for the stands this time around.

We can always arrange a meeting spot on Saturday at the event so we can meet fellow GTAMer's if anyone is interested.
    "And Whoever Compels You To Go One Mile,Go With Him Two" Matthew 5:41

University Place - IUPUI
    850 W. Michigan St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46202-5198
    (317) 274-2700, (317) 269-9000
    (800) 410-MEET, (800) 627-2700
    FAX (317) 274-3878, (317) 231-5168
    Email iuplace@iupui.edu

2 years in a row we stayed there very clean and 7 mins away from the track ,great breakfast ..

Banned

Ok seeing as how I should have searched and found THIS thread before I started my own...I'll just join this one.

Hey y'all, I'm putting this forward as a casual ride out.

Basically I intend to leave for Indy weekend 9am Thursday 26th (probably end up being 10am) from the Hurontario and Eglinton Timmy's.

There isn't going to be a fast group, a slow group, or route maps, or scenic winding routes (unless it doesn't add much time to the already lengthy 9 hour ride). No stunting, no crazy speeding....just want to actually make it to the GP, not lose our bikes or licences half way there.

The objective here is to head down to Indy, and if it grows into a GTA reppin' ride showing up at Indy, or just meeting once we all make our own way down there, then all the better.

I'm definitely heading out (by bike) regardless of turn out, and if anyone else was thinking about it and the company will help entice them, then glad to be of service.

I already got my ticket from here:

http://www.gpticketshop.com/en/motog...p/tickets.html

and I will be sitting in the "H" stands to see the last few corners and the front straight. It is also right across from a jumbo screen. My ticket is also for the whole weekend and I plan to catch FP1, FP2, QP, WU and all the races.

The return to Toronto may be split over Sunday and Monday, or a straight trip back on Monday.

These details can be ironed out as the time approaches.

This thread is a little general so if you specifically want to ride with me then head over to this thread and add your name to the list:

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=123734&highlight=indy

Last edited by alaywa; 07-31-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Manage to Find a reasonable price at Ramada Indianapolis Airport about 10km to the event.
    "And Whoever Compels You To Go One Mile,Go With Him Two" Matthew 5:41

I'm Going down to Indy also with my Bro-inlaw.
    We booked the Motel 6 it is about 2 miles from the track.
    see you all there

Find it hard to believe not more people are asking about hooking up for the ride down for the Moto GP, (trailer it! come on don't joke around). Any sport riders that want to hook up from Toronto let me know, skeleton mask morons with leather tassles hanging from their bar ends need not apply.

Leaving the 25th to get there the 26th taking a Ducati 1099 (yes it exists) driving at a decent pace without being stupid. Let me know!

Riding there on 26th (Thursday), tenting till Sunday or Monday then going back to Waterloo, got already ticket, want to see every single session starting Friday FP1 and all other events at the track

I'd rather take side roads, not too many good ones but still better than Interstate, did that for the past 2 years and every time is awesome
    2008 Yamaha R1
    2008 Yamaha R6
    2007 Yamaha R6
    1994 Kawasaki ZX6
    1986 MZ ETZ-250

Banned

Talking Re: Indianapolis redbull motogp

Coming from Toronto, is it faster to head down via Detroit or Sarnia. Google keeps mapping it through Sarnia. Does Google factor in crime and car jacking statistics?

Got my ticket, hotel sorted, heading down Thursday 26th, boring ***** highways all the way down as fast as possible without losing my licence! (Fast as in shortest distance, not highest speed).

Are the TO riders gonna meet up anywhere to rep TO? Should we all wear Blue Jay hats and clip them to our selves with hikers clips? I think I'll rep with my Blue Jay hat!

Re: Indianapolis red-bull motogp

Well I'm leaving Thursday from Stratford.
    The faster route is Sarina but will have to watch you speed on the 401 before London the Cop's are going to be sitting on the bridges Also on the 402 till you get to the Border. After you cross border it 75 Mph.

Re: Indianapolis red-bull motogp

Hey guys, trying to avoid downloading last years race just to watch it again... Can somebody fill me in on where the most desirable corners are / grandstands to sit in?? I was thinking the Southwest Vista looks good, but if anybody that's already been has recommendations, that would be great.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold