Thread: New Rules for people under 21

New Rules for people under 21

Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold

Re: New Rules for people under 21

Yes. Thank you, Tim Mulcahy.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Since the voters tend to be up there in years, young people are a soft target for the politicians. Not as bad as smokers, but still.
    On a good note, this law's main damage will be the waste of tax dollars. Since they "effectively" lowered the BAL limits to 0.05, no matter how old you are, you should still be paranoid even if you had a single drink.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

We also tend to perceive risk out of all proportion with reality, especially where our children are concerned. This results in needless, useless laws that will never be repealed.

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

"What we’re trying to do is introduce sanctions that will educate drivers right up front so they get into good practices early on,” Transportation Minister Kathleen Wynne told CBC News

Isn't that the job of the Parents?
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Unfortunate. Attaching a dead child's photo to a letter seems to be a very effective method of getting laws passed that don't really address the problem of poor parenting, only a single symptom....

Well, good thing I turn 21 in November.

So basically, you cant even have a single beer and drive. One.

Anyone know where I can wrap myself, my bike and my car in bubble to protect myself even further?
    "They are spending $1.2bn on a gabfest on how to get government spending under control.
    The irony seems lost on them."
    - About the G20

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

Banned

First they had .08, then .05 now zero tolerance under 21. Its only a matter of time before nanny state ontario has zero tolerance for everyone...

Quote Originally Posted by jotapeh View Post
    Unfortunate. Attaching a dead child's photo to a letter seems to be a very effective method of getting laws passed that don't really address the problem of poor parenting, only a single symptom....
    "as some of us LIVE IN FEAR with current driving laws"

Then get the **** off the road. no room for nervous drivers here.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadz View Post
    Well, good thing I turn 21 in November.
    isnt it 21 years old and younger? i think you still got another year and a bit dude.

sucks! seems like theres one new thing after the other being passed these days.

Well on the plus side of things we get less retards in cages driving around... "I wish"

sight back to reality stupid useless laws

Quote Originally Posted by Hachi-Roku View Post
    "What we’re trying to do is introduce sanctions that will educate drivers right up front so they get into good practices early on,” Transportation Minister Kathleen Wynne told CBC News
    Wish we could do the same to politicians.

So pretty much, if a friend and I want to go out for a beer or a drink (single), we legally cant anymore (by driving)?
    "They are spending $1.2bn on a gabfest on how to get government spending under control.
    - About the G20

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

TTC from now on .. Take The coca-cola

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    First they had .08, then .05 now zero tolerance under 21. Its only a matter of time before nanny state ontario has zero tolerance for everyone...

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/HTMLTemp...=CTVNewsCPHome

A few people at MADD HQ have been pretty busy today ... click, click, click

I wonder what happens if you're 20 and already have 4 or more demerit points. I had 10 and attended my first interview when I was 19, 26 years ago. For all those under 21.........it sucks to be you! LOL!

In my early 20's, I crashed into a ditch and flipped my car over, partly due to a hidden c curve in the dirt road over the crest of a hill, the glare from the sunset, chatting with a buddy and eating pistachios. Sometimes, the odds stack up against you, so you need to be alert and paying attention. A simulator would be a good way to teach new drivers about that and the effects of impairment - regardless of the cause. Fatigue, alcohol and drugs aren't the only causes of impairment.

Might be a stupid question, but I'm curious for the answer.

Shouldn't insurance for people under 21 now drop?

If indeed we are high-risk offenders, and we were able to have up to 0.08 (those of us with a full G), then shouldn't taking away one of our biggest causes of fatalities cause our insurance to decline? (not sure if I'm explaining this correctly, but hopefully someone gets the gist of it)

I wonder what happens if you're 20 and already have 4 or more demerit points. I had 10 and attended my first interview when I was 19, 26 years ago. For all those under 21.........it sucks to be you! LOL!
    I have 4 demerit points at the moment, nothing has happened to me?
    - About the G20

Quote Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
    A few people at MADD HQ have been pretty busy today ... click, click, click
    Exactly. Never trust an internet survey.

Vote

Clear cookies

Vote

Repeat.