TMP Friday July 30?

Thread: TMP Friday July 30?

TMP Friday July 30?

Anybody want to go to cayuga on friday?

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Re: TMP Friday July 30?

Drag or roadcourse?
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

Drag

few of us prob going up fri night
    1973 KAWASAKI S1 250 TRIPLE
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

I will probably be there. I may be going Wednesday as well.
    2002 Honda CBR 954RR
    For Sale : $6,500

I'll be there.

I'll be in my MR2 though. There will be me and a Friend of mine.

One Green MR2 one Blue one. I'm in the Blue. If you see me, come over and shoot the chit with me.

I'm looking to drag my bike soon and would like to get some pointers before I do.

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Quote Originally Posted by AdReNaLiNe99 View Post
    I'll be there.

I'll be in my MR2 though. There will be me and a Friend of mine.

One Green MR2 one Blue one. I'm in the Blue. If you see me, come over and shoot the chit with me.

I'm looking to drag my bike soon and would like to get some pointers before I do.
    LOL i went up for the first time about a month ago and it was fun. but something I'd do all the time it's available? no. Slipper clutch doesn't like it a whole lot. I kept thinking my bike made the power of a 600 til I did the strip.. Proved me wrong -- with 3 wheelies on my first run HAHA (2nd and 3rd gear) ... lean over your tank!
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

Just a heads up guys...its gonna be ONE busy dragstrip this Friday,Saturday and sunday as "Arm Drop Live" is going on...Even though its a test and tune tonight alot of the guys are using it as a night to dial in for saturday...So if you decide to go have fun...Just fyi,theres also a test and tune on Monday....theres 8 of us heading down that day to run a few passes..maybe see ya there!!! have fun...

Quote Originally Posted by NEVER2OLD View Post
    Just a heads up guys...its gonna be ONE busy dragstrip this Friday,Saturday and sunday as "Arm Drop Live" is going on...Even though its a test and tune tonight alot of the guys are using it as a night to dial in for saturday...So if you decide to go have fun...Just fyi,theres also a test and tune on Monday....theres 8 of us heading down that day to run a few passes..maybe see ya there!!! have fun...
    The guys that are in the Arm Drop have the 1/4 from 11-5pm for their test and tune as part of the weekend.

I don't see all of them using the track for test and tune that night as well.

Alot of them will have it dialed in by the end of their day and will want to get in a decent night before they race. They had to pay entry and there are prizes on the line.

I'll be there tonight running my car. Apparently there is a jet dragster doing a run at 10pm. That should be interesting to see.

Quote Originally Posted by cheeser View Post
    Anybody want to go to cayuga on friday?
    Cheesey theres a few of us leaving from Dundas/403 - 7pm - can you make it ? otherwise we'll just see you at the track?

yeah i should be able to make it to tims. ill be on a blue/black gixxer
    07 Suzuki GSX-R 600

wow sooo many cars today.. in the 5 hours i was there i only managed 5 runs..
    not too bad i think, ran a consistent 12.0-12.1 with my 06 636.
    heres a vid my buddy took.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGHCdbYpwA4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- 06 636 first time running the 1/4[/ame]
    Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Hey, In order to be old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid!

Was packed and computers not working so no timeslips. Waste of time IMO
    1973 KAWASAKI S1 250 TRIPLE
    1991 GSXR 1100
    2011 bmw s1000RR

A 600cc bike can easily run mid 11's in the 1/4 mile. You need to go out a few more times to get your time down. Try revving it higher and playing with the friction point of the clutch. Your 636 should be in the low 11's.

Last time we went we got in at least 8-12 runs on a Friday. But that was at the beginning of the season. All depends on how many cars show up.

I know.. i was really taking it easy as ive never been before... i was making progress but every run i had, something went wrong.. either i bogged the launch or missed a shift.. either way i still hit a 12 every time.. i really wanted to get into the 11s but theres always next time..
    another thing it was hard to make adjustments after making a pass than waiting for an hour. no rythym
    Quote Originally Posted by john bickle View Post
    Hey, In order to be old and wise, you first have to be young and stupid!

That really sucked / the fact that it was packed and the computers werent working/ thus no time slips --
    Its always fun at the track - but I only got 6 passes in (and waited for ever!)

There is an ALL Bike night coming up - I think its Aug 21 / Im gonna check the site