Forks - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forks

Re: Forks

Just an update from around noon today.
    The forks looks good, they are starting to move some equipment into the area by the hairpin. But the road looks like it will still be great for riding this weekend.
    cheers

06-z750s

Today I had a lovely encounter with a gentleman, now living in BC, who used to live in Georgetown in the 50s + used to get together with about 15 guys with motorcycles at the back of the house just across from the gift shop at the Belfountain intersection. And then they used to riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!

He told me how, what is now the gift shop, used to be an Indian Motorcycle shop (which I did not know). Man, that would have been great to see!

It was so nice to hear how motorcycles, even way back, used to inhabit and ride the Forks of the Credit.

Made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!

On my way from Orangeville yesterday wanted to take Forks from the east end. Road was CLOSED for all traffic at McLaughlin. Don't know about the rest of the road, though.

Oh, well: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=123436
    Last edited by dannyz; 08-12-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Still open this weekend but signs still say road is closed from Mclaren to Mississauga Rd.
    East to West would be better, less sand. They're sawed parts of the east bound lane and are ready to start digging it up.
    Sign says that the road will REALLY be closed starting on Monday.

Actually it is closed now - I snuck by and surprised a few skate boarders on the hairpin who thought they had the road to themselves.

It's pouring and it's boarded up from the west end - one lane open at the east end for residents. Sitting at the Shed waiting out the rain and enjoying the latte.

Quote Originally Posted by MacDoc View Post
    Actually it is closed now - I snuck by and surprised a few skate boarders on the hairpin who thought they had the road to themselves.

It's pouring and it's boarded up from the west end - one lane open at the east end for residents. Sitting at the Shed waiting out the rain and enjoying the latte.
    I just went around the sign on the westbound lanes but never went over 40kmph because I had no idea where the actual construction was going to be. Good thing I had been going that slow. I surprised a very large dog standing in the middle of the road. The road was very quiet.

Yeah I'd be very careful - bicyclists and pedestrians et al are assuming the road is closed.