In Court... Who Would Win?

Thread: In Court... Who Would Win?

In Court... Who Would Win?

If this happened...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzlXADc--us"]YouTube- Motorcycle Show-off Clocked by SUV[/ame]

and lets say the driver does STOP (ignoring the hit and run) and then gets a police on the scene, and somehow they end up in court. Who would win?

Yes the biker did stunt but he could say he accidentally pulled to much front break to avoid something? And from what i know... the rear ender is always @ fault.

Re: In Court... Who Would Win?

ahh no that looks like my bike!! .. i have no clue who wins but the guy driving the car deserves something...

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    ahh no that looks like my bike!! .. i have no clue who wins but the guy driving the car deserves something...
    So if a biker pulled a stoppie in-front of you while your in your car, and you hit him. You would admit @ fault?

Again.. putting the hit and run aside.

we dont no what happened before that accident either.. did the biker go flying past him did the car cut him off.. did the biker kno he was behind him.. theres so much more to this then just what we see.. So a real opinion cant really be issued.

but in that short clip. i think the biker seen a animal stopped short an the car hit him..

or the biker was trying to be cool and the car didn't see him and accidentally hit the biker.. not knowing what he did he drove away.. I dunno im just saying... people need to be more careful on where there doing ANYTHING hows that lol..

it can go either way.. i feel for the guy that got hit more or less..

Tough call. Probably the SUV because he did the hitting and he tried to run. The video would probably not help the guy though. He is technically committing a 172 offense at the time so who knows wtf would go down.

Banned

Whoever has a better lawyer

Quote Originally Posted by N3WMAN View Post
    Tough call. Probably the SUV because he did the hitting and he tried to run. The video would probably not help the guy though. He is technically committing a 172 offense at the time so who knows wtf would go down.

did memorize the law book! lol im comming to you for law questions =)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KRFDPSSTI View Post
    Whoever has a better lawyer

best answer..

In traffic court they'd both lose.

The bike would get a stunting charge and probably careless driving or dangerous driving.
    The truck would get a following to closely and a failing to remain (or similar) charge.
    That video would be fairly damning evidence.

As for a liability claim, the truck driver would likely win, as the bike rider is the immediate cause of the accident by stopping in the middle of a turn on a roadway and performing a stunt which involves stopping the vehicle as fast as possible. The rider is the cause of the accident, the truck following to closely is secondary.

hmmm was that OJ in the SUV? Johnny would get him off..

In general a rear end collision is the fault of the person in behind. The guy on the bike can say any number of things as to why he stopped the guy in the SUV has no excuse.

Of course the video might sway things, it also shows it as a hit and run.