First Bike - CBR 600RR vs. S1000RR? - Page 3

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First Bike - CBR 600RR vs. S1000RR?

Re: First Bike - CBR 600RR vs. S1000RR?

this thread did it's job.

Banned

Get a 750

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Bill View Post
    That would truly be the Bomb, Slim Pickin's style.

Quote Originally Posted by sportbikerules View Post
    For future poster who are intending to buy a 600 or 1000 as a starter, don't come in here and ask for advice. They will all hate you for starting on a bike faster and better then theirs. You will notice that by their response and will hope you crash it so they can feel better. Trust me! most members in here are haters. You will notice who they all are just by reading their responses after my post.

lol i started on a 125 moved up to a 6.. ill get a 1000when im ready.. im not hating cuz hes wanted a bigger bike you dummy, who wants to hear an other story about a 17 year old who got a bike to be cool an died..

Your the smartest person i kno.. wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    yeah just ride the s1000rr in "rain mode" for awhile and when you get better go to "race mode" LOL
    I know eh!

Funniest thing I've heard. "Rain mode" isnt for rookies or made for rookies riding a Litre bike. You'll still be pushing more power than a GSXR 750. The rain modes just made for more traction and less throttle response. You still get all the HP on the bike. Thats the dumbest thing I've heard anyways - using Rain mode for a beginner to learning how to properly use a bike. You'll have no sense of breaking and speed judgement what so ever, so good luck trying to stay alive on a 1000 if you plan to ride around on the backroads with these guys on the forum.

People start low because it's not all about the "growing out of it" BS, or the "Underpowered/Highway story" BS. It's all about learning controlling a bike properly. Since you really need to know how speed/breaking/maneuvering the bike is like (isnt a 1 week thing btw) takes a while to get use to and learn fully, is the reason most smart people start on something forgiving. Clearly you haven't read any stickies on rookie bikers - and you're sense of "trying to be cool or fit in" into the sport bike riders is just sky rocketing. And I'm guessing you're just searching for every post possible that'll say "yes" to your decision. Trust me, I was there too at a young age, but than you learn that the right decision is to learn the real way and than be happy when you get what you want.

If you're ready to blow near 20K on a bike, why cant you afford a 4k bike, learn on it for a year or two, sell it for almost the same price, and buy your bike? All that'll be lost is time, but for the time loss, you'll have gained more proper experience than some riders who have just jumped onto an SS and learned some hard way tricks, which they've probably still havent mastered or know.

Used SV650's are good, and the prices are amazing, along with the insurance. May want to consider that for a while.
    Last edited by Jag_V4Ape; 07-25-2010 at 12:33 AM.

WTF, rain mode, are you serious. That is definitely sarcasm

edit: nvm google is my best friend
    2007 Suzuki Gs500F. Yoshimura edition lol

Quote Originally Posted by junk301 View Post
    WTF, rain mode, are you serious. That is definitely sarcasm

edit: nvm google is my best friend

lol read up ^^ in this topic.. google is the key to the internet

Get yourself a boss hoss. Don't take crap from anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by needforspeed99 View Post
    Sup yall,

I just finished the humber course and Im looking to get my first bike. I have already done a search and read through a lot of the stuff on here. I have some specific questions and thought I would ask you guys for some advice.

First off a lot of people seem bent on everyone starting on the Ninja 250R. Im not interested in that as I will get bored within a few weeks/months. I also want a lot of power for passing cars on the highway. I don't have any bike experience but I am a very good driver (drive a manual BMW 330i).

The 600RR looks like a good bike and theres a lot of good reviews, but the styling is kind of blah. Could definitely be improved. Also the colors aren't too exciting.

I saw and sat on the S1000RR at an auto show and it looks like pure sex!! Is it a good bike to start on? I know it seems like a lot of bike, but I am fairly mature and I think I can handle it. I sat on it at the show and it didnt seem so big. Also, the guy at the show told me that there's a switch that can decrease the hp, good as a "learning mode". He says it can chop the power by 50hp. Is there any way to say, decrease the power by 100hp?

I am leaning towards the S1000RR at the moment, due to the styling.. I love the look of the headlights. And I like BMWs and the german engineering too.

Thanks for your help
    welcome to GTAM. can't go wrong with either.
    ride safe.

I have an itching need to pull table cloths out from under a fully set table of fine dining ware.

I think I'd like to do it with a bike.....

What could I get to do it with?
    '04 CBR1000RR

Ducati 1198S or Hayabusa.

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

hahah i love trolls.. but in the event this guy is serious here goes...

buy the BMW

get a HTA 172 in the first week (drive 50 kph over the limit with the bike because your car takes too long to get there )

sell the bike dirt cheap to someone here once your insurance/court costs skyrocket
    OR

enjoy looking at the bike in the garage and not be able to enjoy it's engineering
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

Current: '04 Suzuki SV650n
    '06 Honda CBR F4i
    '06 Suzuki GS500F: Gone but not forgotten

Bahahahaha! I love trolls! Thanks for the Sunday morning laughs, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I have an itching need to pull table cloths out from under a fully set table of fine dining ware.

Definitely not an Aprilia.

Banned

Get the BMW BIKE to match your BMW car.
    If it's not BMW then people might think you are a loser.
    You don't want to be a loser do you?

wow I got an awesome idea maybe u could pull two spark plug leads and you'll have a 500?!!?

Talking Re: First Bike - CBR 600RR vs. S1000RR?

Dear Mr. Darwin,

Get whatever bike you want. You are obviously a very smart guy, and when it comes down to it, there really isn't any difference between driving a car or riding a bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post

win!
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODuZgoFY9qA"]YouTube- Table cloth trick done with a motorcycle[/ame]

And here goes my insurance ... increased again!