Effingham St - Effingham

Thread: Effingham St - Effingham

Effingham St - Effingham

Last night BlingBlade and I were out on a cruise. Taking the back roads into the Niagara region.

We hit Effingham st and the road is torn up and is about 3inches deep in very soft gravel.

We went about 100ft into it and couldn't see where it ended.

Just a heads up if your taking this route.

We tried to go around it on Center St and that road was the same as well.

Ride safe!

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

Re: Effingham St - Effingham

Whaat? no way... I did that run not too too long ago and it was decent, no gravel or stones.. except on 69 I think right here there were a few pebbles a few times:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...100.53,,0,3.96

Gotta choose youre tire track carefully

What took the cake for me was closer to home. Went on a group ride and I was in right tire track and switched over to left tire track to take the right hander when I notice about a car length of stones (not pebbles) strewn about 50% of the lane here:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...61.35,,0,25.51

The stones pretty much went into the turn too from cars dragging it from the double entrance driveway right before the corner .. Bike slid on both wheels forwards about a bike length and from right to left towards the yellow about half a foot or a foot.
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post

What took the cake for me was closer to home. Went on a group ride and I was in right tire track and switched over to left tire track to take the right hander when I notice about a car length of stones (not pebbles) strewn about 50% of the lane here:

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&sourc...61.35,,0,25.51

The stones pretty much went into the turn too from cars dragging it from the double entrance driveway right before the corner .. Bike slid on both wheels forwards about a bike length and from right to left towards the yellow about half a foot or a foot.

Good call!

This corner gave me an eye brow raising experience the other nite.

GTA-M. Your best bang for the entertainment buck.
    What feels better than banking a motorcycle over into a corner?

Quote Originally Posted by MotoStark View Post
    Good call!

This corner gave me an eye brow raising experience the other nite.

my butt outright puckered, nevermind eyebrows when we ran it one night.. I remember turning my highbeam on to see the white blanket of eye-ball sized stones.. Didn't go on the brakes, just coasted from right to left tire track setting up for the right hander when- CTRWZRHHTRCCCCCCCTRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-TTTTTTTTH over the stones, having the handlebars go limp to one side for a second or so. Thought I was for sure going to go into one of those mailboxes
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

my butt outright puckered, nevermind eyebrows when we ran it one night.. I remember turning my highbeam on to see the white blanket of eye-ball sized stones.. Didn't go on the brakes, just coasted from right to left tire track setting up for the right hander when- CTRWZRHHTRCCCCCCCTRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-TTTTTTTTH over the stones, having the handlebars go limp to one side for a second or so. Thought I was for sure going to go into one of those mailboxes
    LMFAO! I use that saying too. My *** puckered.

Awesome.

And Andreas, your first Google Map URL there is Exactly where the gravel starts.

Haha, that's why I posted that exact spot.. it's been gravel-ridden a few times I've gone through it. I think I'm gonna design a high-tech aircraft alloy fold-able broom for us bikers so that we can literally sweep that garbage up

Sorry to hear you had a rude surprise but hopefully this means they're gonna repave it, it's been getting worse every year.

It's a very short section of gravel. BlingBlade was out with us on Tuesday and there were no problems. I ran most the gravel section WOT, with the rear spitting stones at whoever was closest. Forgot to apologize - SORRY Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    It's a very short section of gravel. BlingBlade was out with us on Tuesday and there were no problems. I ran most the gravel section WOT, with the rear spitting stones at whoever was closest. Forgot to apologize - SORRY Razor
    Gravel pebbles dont bother me.. stones that lift the contact patch up do, as well as sand (front end has no chance)

Gravel pebbles dont bother me.. stones that lift the contact patch up do, as well as sand (front end has no chance)
    Don't worry. Hold on gently, you'll be fine. Lose the death/white knuckle/butt pucker grip......it's fun. You should have come out on our sippy hole(s) ride. Mud is as much fun as ice on a SS bike.

My butt puckered, my hands didn't... Probably why I didn't kiss the mailbox or go into the oncoming lane haha.. Only thing death gripping the bike was my knees around the tank haha.. I'm lax with my hands and arms at all times