SOAR Rd #4 Input needed. - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SOAR Rd #4 Input needed.

Re: SOAR Rd #4 Input needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    I have one thing to say about that. JP (he is waaaaaaay to OCD to do that)
    He will have you there a half hour pissing around.
    There really is a simple answer take a pen write down all your grid positions and write them on a piece of duct tape and put them on your tank. Follow the tape.
    If we catch the culprit it will mean 5 positions. If not maybe a talk in the pits by your fellow competitors are in order.
    Its not fair to hold bikes either in the pits or on the grids as tires cool because someone is either too lazy or inconsiderate to have there act together. Thats why if you are late for the grid you start from pit lane.
    +1

This method is used with Charly, as such he never forgets where he is supposed to grid. If a 12yr old can get it right......
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com

You need a bigger truck Ken.

The way we had the starting grid set up, it seemed that unless i was on the front row i always had another bike blocking my view of you doing the starting procedure. Hanging off the bike to the left or right while trying to launch is tough.

Any ideas on how we could get you higher up?

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    You need a bigger truck Ken.

The way we had the starting grid set up, it seemed that unless i was on the front row i always had another bike blocking my view of you doing the starting procedure. Hanging off the bike to the left or right while trying to launch is tough.

Any ideas on how we could get you higher up?
    Good point. Maybe a 6 foot platform in the truck? Cant get too elaborate as I have to hustle back to the finish line after the start. The truck is actually sitting idling while I do the start. Maybe a light system on a high pole/scissor lift?

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Good point. Maybe a 6 foot platform in the truck? Cant get too elaborate as I have to hustle back to the finish line after the start. The truck is actually sitting idling while I do the start. Maybe a light system on a high pole/scissor lift?
    6 feet higher would probably be enough as long as it's still stable in the back of your truck! Next round when the day is wrapped up or during lunch or something we could take a few bikes out there to set up a mock grid and see what works.

I actually have an old intersection stop light that I'd be willing to donate.

It could be mounted on a pole and just left in the area where the truck is parked for the weekend.

I'm pretty sure a couple of extension cords could be used for power and switching that way no one would have to be in front of the grid to activate it.

Another fantastic weekend Ken (well except for the rain in the feature race... talk about a bad case of racer blue balls...)

Thanks again to all involved.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoast_gsx View Post
    Another fantastic weekend Ken (well except for the rain in the feature race... talk about a bad case of racer blue balls...)

Thanks again to all involved.
    +1

Riders meetings went at their scheduled times, a few people got burned for not being present but i think its a necessary evil. Sat and Sun we had the track open by 9am. Veddy Nayce!

+1

Riders meetings went at their scheduled times, a few people got burned for not being present but i think its a necessary evil. Sat and Sun we had the track open by 9am. Veddy Nayce!
    +2 on what he said and the Newfie guy
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

+1

+3 Starting the day nice and early allowed for extra practice time which was just awesome
    Charly "Magician" Vu

S.O.A.R.
    R.A.C.E.

www.charlyvu.com

Twitter account at : http://twitter.com/CharlyVuRacing
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CharlyVuRacer

david@charlyvu.com