SOAR Rd #4 Input needed. - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SOAR Rd #4 Input needed.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Re: SOAR Rd #4 Input needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    Cant do that. The novices have no freakin idea where to go now. If I start messing with the grid like that without posting it ........lets just say that aint going to work. Poor Pete and Dan go nuts now trying to sort people that dont know where they are going.
    Just get that Hot Chick at Pit Out to hold them until all the stickered bikes get out .

Problem is BOTH were published
    If I recall correctly, there were far fewer schedules printed showing the August round as an endurance round. At the shows most of the ones that were handed out had the endurance part scratched out. As we handed them out the majority of people were informed that it was not an endurance round. Personally I would say that it is mostly known as a sprint only round. I don't think that you would have any problems by treating it as a sprint only round.

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Just get that Hot Chick at Pit Out to hold them until all the stickered bikes get out .
    You think JP is Hot?

Cant do that. The novices have no freakin idea where to go now. If I start messing with the grid like that without posting it ........lets just say that aint going to work. Poor Pete and Dan go nuts now trying to sort people that dont know where they are going.
    Pre grid all novice races in the pits, if you can't make it in time for pre-grid then start at the back. I'm amazed at how riders can get out on track and have absolutely no clue where there going. It might be worthwhile to put the grid board further up pit road that way guys can check their grid spots as they pass if they happen to forget.
    SOAR Novice #113

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    You think JP is Hot?
    He better be talking about me or he might start thinking JP is hot after not getting any for a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Pre grid all novice races in the pits, if you can't make it in time for pre-grid then start at the back. I'm amazed at how riders can get out on track and have absolutely no clue where there going. It might be worthwhile to put the grid board further up pit road that way guys can check their grid spots as they pass if they happen to forget.
    I'm perplexed at how anyone can screw up the starting grid. I've had someone take my spot before and it was pretty annoying.

At SOAR round 2 i was checking my grid spots shortly after they were posted so there were a few people checking them out. There was some confusion about which was the left/right side of the track. I don't know how anyone could be confused by it, Row 1 is at the top of the page. Logically, the left side of the page = the left side of the track.

I honestly don't know how Ken could make it any simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i'm perplexed at how anyone can screw up the starting grid. I've had someone take my spot before and it was pretty annoying.

At soar round 2 i was checking my grid spots shortly after they were posted so there were a few people checking them out. There was some confusion about which was the left/right side of the track. I don't know how anyone could be confused by it, row 1 is at the top of the page. Logically, the left side of the page = the left side of the track.

I honestly don't know how ken could make it any simpler.
    +10000000000!!!!
    Soar #15

I'm perplexed at how anyone can screw up the starting grid. I've had someone take my spot before and it was pretty annoying.

At SOAR round 2 i was checking my grid spots shortly after they were posted so there were a few people checking them out. There was some confusion about which was the left/right side of the track. I don't know how anyone could be confused by it, Row 1 is at the top of the page. Logically, the left side of the page = the left side of the track.

I honestly don't know how Ken could make it any simpler.
    The reason for the confusion at round 2 was that it was the first round run in reverse. Our grids are were setup as if the track were being run in the regular direction. If you were on the pole it actually meant that you were lined up on the outside heading into turn 1. Some people cared, some people didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by chinto View Post
    The reason for the confusion at round 2 was that it was the first round run in reverse. Our grids are were setup as if the track were being run in the regular direction. If you were on the pole it actually meant that you were lined up on the outside heading into turn 1. Some people cared, some people didn't.
    The reason there was confusion is actually because some people are stupid.

Row 1, Left side on the page = Row 1, left side on the track (as viewed from your bike on the starting grid).

The confusion was not regarding what side pole was on, it was regarding how the grid sheet translates to inside/outside of the track. If you can't figure out that left = left and right = right.... Get off my starting grid.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

If you can't figure out that left = left
    here's a visual Aid

The reason there was confusion is actually because some people are stupid.

Row 1, Left side on the page = Row 1, left side on the track (as viewed from your bike on the starting grid).

The confusion was not regarding what side pole was on, it was regarding how the grid sheet translates to inside/outside of the track. If you can't figure out that left = left and right = right.... Get off my starting grid.
    While I get that some novice might get all nervous and honestly forget, the starting grid confusion thing is pretty retarded. Maybe some of the people simply don't care, knowing there is absolutely no consequence. There are only 4 spots on a row, the rows are numbered, you pretty much should only need to know how to count to 10 and be set. If there is further confusion over which left is left add a simple "infield" label to the grid printouts.

Take an "attendance" at the start grid, any one who is in the wrong spot looses a point or two. Or if that's too much work, since there are plenty of cameras at the pit wall, allow other riders to protest and then take away the point.

Same with the rider's meeting never being on time. People don't get "sharp" because there's no reason for them to and it's not fair to every one else who gets up early, gets their **** in order and then has to wait idle while potential practice time wastes away.
    BUY MY BIKE!
    2007 Honda CRF 150R Big Wheel Supermoto with dirt wheels, $3600

Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt. - William Shakespare

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie View Post
    While I get that some novice might get all nervous and honestly forget, the starting grid confusion thing is pretty retarded. Maybe some of the people simply don't care, knowing there is absolutely no consequence. There are only 4 spots on a row, the rows are numbered, you pretty much should only need to know how to count to 10 and be set. If there is further confusion over which left is left add a simple "infield" label to the grid printouts.

Take an "attendance" at the start grid, any one who is in the wrong spot looses a point or two. Or if that's too much work, since there are plenty of cameras at the pit wall, allow other riders to protest and then take away the point.

Same with the rider's meeting never being on time. People don't get "sharp" because there's no reason for them to and it's not fair to every one else who gets up early, gets their **** in order and then has to wait idle while potential practice time wastes away.
    Good points Marta the attendance at the meeting will start being taken starting immediately.
    As for the grid thats not quite so simple. If I can I would penalize I actually tried to give one to Tim Rendle this past round in the combined Ex/Nov open race. He was lined up on the front row with Billy Shieds. Gave him a five spot penalty that I must say he took very well only to have one of my guys come to me a few hours later explaining that they told him to go there because someone else was in his spot. The person that was in his spot was there because someone took his spot. See the problem?
    Trouble is all it takes is one twit (anywhere in the grid) to screw up evryone. Is it fair to penalize everyone that is in the wrong place when it was all caused by one guy? If we could sort which guy caused it then I agree but we just dont have time on raceday. Youi know how fast everything moves.
    I will stress this again in the meetings but I cant get people to stay left of the blend line even though I constantly harp about that and it could/will kill someone. I think the only way that this is going to get better is from riders getting on each other to get it right. BTW the folks posting are not the problem and I thank you guys as does the start grid staff.

Confusion may occur when expert/novice races are combined, simply due to the way the grid sheets are printed. The majority of the time, the two race grid sheets are displayed stacked with the novice row numbers appropriately altered, however, I do recall seeing them in Round 2 where the row numbers had not been changed (600 extreme IIRC)... so if the sheet said you were on row 5 novice, you had to know to add 2 rows to put you on row 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Teal View Post
    Confusion may occur when expert/novice races are combined, simply due to the way the grid sheets are printed. The majority of the time, the two race grid sheets are displayed stacked with the novice row numbers appropriately altered, however, I do recall seeing them in Round 2 where the row numbers had not been changed (600 extreme IIRC)... so if the sheet said you were on row 5 novice, you had to know to add 2 rows to put you on row 7.
    Noted. We also have noticed that we need to pay attention to the rows themselves. Some have three spots some have four so SOAR is certainly not without fault here either. Because Zoomius spits the grids out automatically its a little more involved than just changing it. Maybe we should manually set the combo races?

- Take Attendance at Riders meeting.
    - Blend line infraction - start at the back

Please, no attendance on the start grid, we don't want to cause higher levels of anticipation then there already are.
    R e a d S l o w l y ! - Children at Play.

Bring out some colored caulk and draw pictures on the pavement, like a cat. Then give a cat sticker to a rider, he/she is to put it on their bike, and then when they line up, they know where to go.
    *~Maggie~*

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaha_Gurl View Post
    Bring out some colored caulk and draw pictures on the pavement, like a cat. Then give a cat sticker to a rider, he/she is to put it on their bike, and then when they line up, they know where to go.
    Ohhhh can I have the monkey, pleeeeeaaaaaase!

may join in just to get the jackass spot!

Great, now everyone will be lining up to lick the cat grid spot.

If you want to make qualifying a little more exciting, make the 2nd spot on the grid a Turtle.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold