SOAR Rd #4 Input needed. - Page 2

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SOAR Rd #4 Input needed.

Re: SOAR Rd #4 Input needed.

Quote Originally Posted by kellen View Post
    It's not so much the practice itself, it's testing, getting the bike set up, tire management..you get that extra 90 minutes of practice time, plus lunch hour to get everything in order. With the endurance, you get in maybe 2 quick practice sessions, a 10 minute break and then boom you are qualifying. No time for anything.
    Hahaha sounds like RACE or PC
    Honestly you lose 15 min practice we just dont play around and bang the races asap to make up for it You still have 1.5 hours in the morning. Another problem with extending the races to the end of the day. You need to consider he volunteer marshals and asking them to stay.

I'm only going by the schedules and my own observations Schedules for non endurance rounds list practice as 9:00-12:00 while endurance rounds are 9:00-10:30.

Give me a crash course in Marshalling...and I'll hang out in the field if you want to make it later...
    "When you invite the whole world to your party, inevitably someone pees in the beer."

Visit Sponsors of GTAM!

I don't really have any opinions for or against endurance.. but.

I think there's some room to improve getting things going in the morning. If we could hold the riders meeting at it's scheduled time that would get us a bit more track time before heat races.

I got lucky at Round 2 because there were not too many riders there so practice was split up between two groups. If practice time were to be split up between 3 or perhaps 4 groups I could see myself feeling want for more track time.

I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I don't really have any opinions for or against endurance.. but.

I think there's some room to improve getting things going in the morning. If we could hold the riders meeting at it's scheduled time that would get us a bit more track time before heat races.

I got lucky at Round 2 because there were not too many riders there so practice was split up between two groups. If practice time were to be split up between 3 or perhaps 4 groups I could see myself feeling want for more track time.

I dunno.
    I am all for that but riders dont get there #### together fast enough. I am up and around at 6 every morning. When I start calling a riders meeting registration and tech are FULL of people. Even when I announce meeting in 15min. I am still waiting for people to creep down.
    We are ready to go. Marshals are in place. Ambulance is in place. Our staff are in place.
    Whats missing? Riders.
    If you have some suggestions to get that done I am all ears.

Quote Originally Posted by kneedragger88 View Post
    I am all for that but riders dont get there #### together fast enough. I am up and around at 6 every morning. When I start calling a riders meeting registration and tech are FULL of people. Even when I announce meeting in 15min. I am still waiting for people to creep down.
    We are ready to go. Marshals are in place. Ambulance is in place. Our staff are in place.
    Whats missing? Riders.

Start calling names at Riders Meeting from a random class.

Anyone who doesn't answer starts at the back of the grid for qualifying and final, regardless of where they finish.

This works for most other race orgs.

Quote Originally Posted by reciprocity View Post

Anyone who doesn't answer starts at the back of the grid for qualifying and final, regardless of where they finish.

Anything that works. We missed out on 45 mins of practice Sunday morning because of a LATE riders meeting.

Whats missing? Riders.

Pick a class at random. 600 Extreme, Superbike, Old Boys.. whatever.. do a roll call. If you're not at the riders meeting you don't ride (or start at the back).

Whatever the reason for the late riders meeting is, it's not fair to those who pay attention and are ready and then subsequently lost track time. This is more important on days with an endurance race as well. It's not the organizers fault, and its not the responsible riders' fault that some riders can't get their *** out of bed for an 8:15am riders meeting so why are we the ones paying for it? If a rider is late, that rider pays for it.

Close tech during the riders meeting.
    Last edited by caboose483; 07-20-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    Pick a class at random. 600 Extreme, Superbike, Old Boys.. whatever.. do a roll call. If you're not at the riders meeting you don't ride (or start at the back).

Whatever the reason for the late riders meeting is, it's not fair to those who pay attention and are ready and then subsequently lost track time. This is more important on days with an endurance race as well. It's not the organizers fault, and its not the responsible riders' fault that some riders can't get their *** out of bed for an 8:15am riders meeting so why are we the ones paying for it? If a rider is late, that rider pays for it.

Close tech during the riders meeting.
    Done we will take some attendance at the next round. I am doing all I can to not be the hard assed guy. I dont want to play the heavy but if thats what folks want then lets do it.

I dont want to play the heavy.
    I think you're already type-cast dude!

Agreed.

Done we will take some attendance at the next round. I am doing all I can to not be the hard assed guy. I dont want to play the heavy but if thats what folks want then lets do it.

Awesome.

It's one thing not to be a hard ***, but at the same time you don't need to be a babysitter for those who can't be bothered to get their **** together.

I don't have a problem having my bike ready and the warmers warming by 8am. It's not hard. If someone else can't, then they can deal with the consequences.

Alright now that y'all have gotten me into this. When the ladies in timing get in my face as I am penalizing people who are late (messing up their grids) I may need some back-up they can get nasty.

No need to mess up the grid, just leave their grid spot empty and send them to the back. The riders who do make it to the rider's meeting will more than likely remember who's absent and then should be starting from the back. I know I sure would, if someone did not start at the back as they should i'd be protesting.

Back to the point of the post. The endurance race. If it is going to happen you might want to make it a non points race. If teams had not planned to run this coming event but have made the previous rounds it might mess with the final standings.

I'm all for the set time riders meeting and more practice.
    Pro # 175

Thanks to my Sponsors: Racer5, SpeedWorx, SpeedGear, Kawasaki Canada,
    Uber-Racing, Pirelli/ Orion Motorsports, Kahuna Powersports, Armour Bodies, WoodCraft, MotoVan, Vortex, TechSpec, Sidi & PitBull

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KR1 View Post
    I'm all for the set time riders meeting and more practice.
    ya you're pretty slow at TMP.. you could definitely use some more practice time.

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

I think we need a Team Terminator with you and Sunny
    Just strap a Car Battery on the bike .

Good Idea Caboose,
    To make it easy when setting the grids, Just hand out a sticker at the riders meeting.

No Sticker, Back of the Grid.

I so need to come out n watch one of these endurance races....
    Dem man nah realize de way I do de technology way don't I identify dey oola dem idiot sound bwoy already ya nah rude bwoy

Cant do that. The novices have no freakin idea where to go now. If I start messing with the grid like that without posting it ........lets just say that aint going to work. Poor Pete and Dan go nuts now trying to sort people that dont know where they are going.

Alright now that y'all have gotten me into this. When the ladies in timing get in my face as I am penalizing people who are late (messing up their grids) I may need some back-up they can get nasty.
    Leave them to me!