Toronto Police Power Trip - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Toronto Police Power Trip

Re: Toronto Police Power Trip

In all fairness we never get to see the act that gets her detained, so from that video we don't really know what happened. All we do know is that someone was acting like a child blowing bubbles in cops faces. It did seem like she was trying to get arrested.

Now on the other hand, the cop was being a rude prick. He could have handled the situation better. None of the cops on that line looked overly thrilled to be there. As many cops who were having wet dreams about beating up protesting hippies during the G20, im sure the rest of them were as happy about the G20 as the rest of us. That is to say not happy at all. Except they get stuck there and have to put up with crap from people like Ms. Bubbleblower all day long.
    VN9008CF - Candy Lime Green.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx13 View Post
    Except that she stopped blowing them, didn't she? So she didn't 'deserve' to be arrested... This guy was just looking for an excuse imho. The other (female) cop was chuckling at the whole thing, but when you watch the video, he seems pretty jacked up on adrenalin. I think she could have just stood there staring at him and been arrested eventually
    You don't know for a fact that she stopped. There is, for some reason, some duration of time that was edited out of the video. Why would something have been edited out of the video?? The only reason i can think of is that she did something that prompted her getting arrested. Without seeing an unedited video none of us can say with any degree of certainty how it went down.... so you don't know whether or not she 'deserved' to get arrrested.

Regardless, blowing bubbles in a cops face to make people happy is outright stupid. What did she intend to accomplish? It is akin to sneaking up behind a bull and kicking him in the balls, then getting mad at the bull when he turns around and gores you.

I have no sympathy for her.

Let me get this straight...

Kicking a bull in the balls
    =
    Blowing bubbles in a cop's face.

Well maybe, I guess, if he's a greasy dickhead.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    You don't know for a fact that she stopped. There is, for some reason, some duration of time that was edited out of the video. Why would something have been edited out of the video?? The only reason i can think of is that she did something that prompted her getting arrested. Without seeing an unedited video none of us can say with any degree of certainty how it went down.... so you don't know whether or not she 'deserved' to get arrrested.

Regardless, blowing bubbles in a cops face to make people happy is outright stupid. What did she intend to accomplish? It is akin to sneaking up behind a bull and kicking him in the balls, then getting mad at the bull when he turns around and gores you.

I have no sympathy for her.

No kidding... the fact that they edited that part of the video out speaks volumes... They shouldn't have even bothered posting that crap.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by fastar1 View Post
    Let me get this straight...

Kicking a bull in the balls
    =
    Blowing bubbles in a cop's face.

Well maybe, I guess, if he's a greasy dickhead.
    What do you not understand?

Willingly antagonizing some animal or someone who has the authority to screw you over = stupid.

Willingly antagonizing some animal or someone who has the authority to screw you over = stupid.
    He meant the bubble cop is like kicking a bull in the balls.

You know, being facetious.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNN View Post
    btw- bikes are dangerous, sell yours before you crash and burn to death.

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    He meant the bubble cop is like kicking a bull in the balls.

You know, being facetious.
    wat?

put it awaaaayyyyyy

Here's what I don't understand;

1* Bubbles don't hurt. As opposed to a kick to the balls which can incapacitate someone and cause permanent damage.
    2* Humans are expected to control their rage. As opposed to a bull, which is expected to behave like a wild animal.

And no, cops don't have the authority to screw us over, they have the authority to serve and protect us. In this case, they were protecting us by preventing militant a-holes from attacking world leaders. This guy was not serving or protecting anyone, he was power tripping. If we let any power tripping authority figures do whatever they want to us then we will be no better off than in the days of serfdom.
    There is no planet B.

And no, cops don't have the authority to screw us over, they have the authority to serve and protect us. In this case, they were protecting us by preventing militant a-holes from attacking world leaders. This guy was not serving or protecting anyone, he was power tripping. If we let any power tripping authority figures do whatever they want to us then we will be no better off than in the days of serfdom.
    The police were given the authority for the duration of the G20 to pretty much detain anyone they wanted to. The differences you point out between a bull and a cop in no way invalidate my statements.

1) The act itself does not matter. Whether or not it is painful does not matter. Any act that will more than likely provoke some sort of unwanted and yet forseeable response would be an accurate analogy.
    2) The emotion does not matter, it's a response to the agitator. When they push (whether that push is with their foot to the groin, or a mental push via blowing bubbles in their face) there is a predictable push back.

Do you understand what the expression "Don't poke the bear" means?

Again...
    Last edited by caboose483; 07-19-2010 at 12:29 PM.

The police were given the authority for the duration of the G20 to pretty much detain anyone they wanted to. The differences you point out between a bull and a cop in no way invalidate my statements.

1) The act itself does not matter. Whether or not it is painful does not matter. Any act that will more than likely provoke some sort of unwanted and yet forseeable response would be an accurate analogy.
    2) The emotion does not matter, it's a response to the agitator. When they push (whether that push is with their foot to the groin, or a mental push via blowing bubbles in their face) there is a predictable push back.

Do you understand what the expression "Don't poke the bear" means?

Again...
    "pretty much detain anyone they wanted to" = suspension of habeas corpus = martial law.

If this is the case then the cop's actions are defensible (though still assinine) but then I have to question the use of martial law to control protesters, even violent ones. That's crazy overkill, and I still support the evil bubble blower for contesting it, if that's what she did.

And yeah, the degree of aggression and the proportionality of the response are absolutely critical measures of justice! You can't blow someone's head off for stepping on a blade of grass on your property. Well, maybe in some States, but then they're crazy too.
    There is no planet B.

Here's what I don't understand;

1* Bubbles don't hurt. As opposed to a kick to the balls which can incapacitate someone and cause permanent damage.
    2* Humans are expected to control their rage. As opposed to a bull, which is expected to behave like a wild animal.

Who cares if it hurts or not? If you were standing on the sidewalk and someone came up to you and started blowing bubbles in your face, are you just going to stand there letting those big soapy things bounce off you, taking it like a biznitch???

Not if you want to preserve your SMELL OF BACON!!!!!! hehe just kidding on that part.. seriously though, someone is intentionally trying to piss the police off, to antagonize the guy into doing something stupid... with cameras in his face.. like, come on... "I'm going to hold a camera in your Face and then blow bubbles at you until you lose it!" Good thing the cop wasn't Christian Bale or Woody Harrelson, otherwise the camera would be in 50 pieces and stuffed into her bum.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by SweetOnion View Post
    Who cares if it hurts or not? If you were standing on the sidewalk and someone came up to you and started blowing bubbles in your face, are you just going to stand there letting those big soapy things bounce off you, taking it like a biznitch???
    Are you kidding about this part too? Taking bubbles in my face is an affront to my manliness???
    There is no planet B.

-If somebody on the street started blowing bubbles in my face, I'd take away the canister, dump out the contents and give it back. Total damage: $1.50
    -A protester blew bubbles in that cop's face. Detainment and criminal charges bring the total damages up to: Thousands of dollars
    You do the math.
    A police constable is a public servant. He should be able to just shrug off minor provocation. If not, he doesn't have the right mental makeup for the job, should get fired and replaced with a proper public servant.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Are you kidding about this part too? Taking bubbles in my face is an affront to my manliness???
    No, not really... I'm talking lets say a total random comes up and is holding a bubble wand like a foot from your face... hell, for me even if there was no bubble wand and I have someone breathing at me that closely I would probably have an issue. At least the bubbles capture their nasty breath.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold

I would have had a staring contest with the cop.

I'm sure he would have charged me with some sort of offense.

Psychological assault..
    "They are spending $1.2bn on a gabfest on how to get government spending under control.
    The irony seems lost on them."
    - About the G20

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. – Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Squadz View Post
    I would have had a staring contest with the cop.

I'm sure he would have charged me with some sort of offense.

Psychological assault..
    Attempted MURDER!!! Haven't you seen the Scanners movies?
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

I love how the cops actions are being compared to wild animals, unintelligent animals at that. lol I don't know about you guys but I would expect that the process to become a cop should weed out unthinking base level individuals who can't control their actions and act like animals. Is this the new M.O. for police?

The Twisties around Creemore on a '07 SV650S or on the Track on a '03 R6

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    A police constable is a public servant. He should be able to just shrug off minor provocation. If not, he doesn't have the right mental makeup for the job, should get fired and replaced with a proper public servant.
    He thinks he's a garbage collector. Cops like that make the whole police force look bad

Maybe his Roid Rage was flaring up.

Quote Originally Posted by FiReSTaRT View Post
    -If somebody on the street started blowing bubbles in my face, I'd take away the canister, dump out the contents and give it back. Total damage: $1.50
    -A protester blew bubbles in that cop's face. Detainment and criminal charges bring the total damages up to: Thousands of dollars
    You do the math.
    +1!

Quote Originally Posted by CBRJOHN View Post
    He thinks he's a garbage collector. Cops like that make the whole police force look bad

Apparently he forgot to laugh...
    Last edited by Nyx13; 07-19-2010 at 02:02 PM.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.