Riding on a UK License?

Thread: Riding on a UK License?

Riding on a UK License?

Guys,

can I ride on a UK license in Canada? I have a full (and clean) UK un-restricted bike license.

Re: Riding on a UK License?

This link should help. Each Province has it's own rules for out-of-country drivers though.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/visiting.shtml
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Thanks Rob...

But first.............you've gotta learn to ride a left-hand-drive bike!
    Motley

Quote Originally Posted by yeltoM View Post
    But first.............you've gotta learn to ride a left-hand-drive bike!

that might take a while

I spoke to a girl who moved here and she said she just got given an Ontario licence because she had her full UK one, this was for a car so i don't know if the same applies for a bike, you would think so!! give em a bell and ask.
    If bike riding is a drug go get hammered.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dan...on1.12.0.shtml

Pretty sure you will only get credited for a G (car) and not a M (motorbike).

As for the left side/right side of the road just remember this that 50% of Canadians don't know what side of the road to drive on either.

They will exchange your car license but not the bike license,
    apparently I can drive a car ok enough for them to swap it, but not my motorbike!!!hhhhmmmmm So, I'm currently on my M2 and I'm restricted to not drinking a beer until I pass my M, Way to go mr red tape government joker's, sound logical to me, not.

Are you sure that you have an M2? I went through this process earlier in the year but they would only give me an M1, but could take my test and go straight to the full M within the 90 days of the M1's validity. The problem is that the system cannot cope with this. The automated online booking will not allow you to book the M2 exit test if you have an M1. Neither will the menu driven telephone booking, and trying to talk to someone was impossible as the system transferred me to a voice mailbox that was always full. I eventually managed to talk to someone at the Oakville test centre (which doesn't conduct M2 exit tests) who contacted Burlington and I booked my test that way. It was a frustrating week, and I had resorted to contacting the rider training places that conduct M2 exit tests, but they could not accommodate me within the period of my M1. The system is not set up for crediting you with out of country experience in this way, even the test is flawed as you cannot practice any highway riding with the M1 and I suppose it's illegal to be on the highway during your test!
    I'm pleased to say that I did pass my test (with the help of the sticky thread on the M2 exit test) and now have my full M license.