Am I being unreasonable? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I being unreasonable?

Re: Am I being unreasonable?

Which dealers have you tried? I hope it's not Kahuna?

Try the following:

ATC Corral in Stoufville 905-640-2212

Edge Performance in Bradford 905-775-1717 (I bought my bike here)

just an update, I did get a couple emails this morning from a couple dealers that are willing to entertain my offer. Kahuna told me to let them know when I found someone selling for what I wanted, and i did, and they still didn't want to deal with me LOL

Quote Originally Posted by iridebikes View Post
    You're haggling over phone and email, and you wonder why nobody is giving you a break over msrp?

Here's a tip: get off your lazy *** and visit a dealer.
    I completely, 100% disagree.

I have bought 3 bikes by calling dealers and asking what they have in stock, and what they want for it. "Give me your best price out the door" works very well, and you will notice a large swing in what they want for destination.

A friend of mine suggested this to me when he was buying a F250. A former car dealer said "They don't care who you are or what you look like, they just care about the deal". He noticed a $4k swing in out the door prices on that truck (yes, it was around $60k)

Do you think Wal-mart cares if you look like a nice guy? No.... selling cars or bikes (or anything, really) is a retail business and about what they think they can get for top dollar for their units.

I walked in, literally cash in hand to Sturgess and offered $4k+tax for a ZZR250 in 08. He said no. I ended up paying, out the door, $4,100 for the same model and colour at Warp9 by just phoning the nearest 10 dealers to my house.

People... just phone around. Someone is willing to make that deal.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTech View Post
    No one is going to give a deal over the phone, at least no good salesman I'd hire would. You don't know who is calling, why they are really calling, etc. it's called a fishing expidition and no professional saleman is going to fall for it. You want a deal, you deal face to face like a man not like some pussy hiding behind the phone. Either you have the chops to work a deal or you don't.

Obviously the OP don't
    What business is done 100% face to face? I honestly can't think of a single one. Maybe Wal-mart. Not Future Shop, Home Depot, Lowe's... Even Costco has a b2b division that does phone orders, and the internet.

What line of work are you in? I assume you don't own a dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTech View Post
    No one is going to give a deal over the phone, at least no good salesman I'd hire would. You don't know who is calling, why they are really calling, etc. it's called a fishing expidition and no professional saleman is going to fall for it. You want a deal, you deal face to face like a man not like some pussy hiding behind the phone.
    You must have had a real good time shopping around for insurance quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by pluto.saunders View Post
    I just figured it out! He must be a girl guide, selling cookies door to door.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
    I just figured it out! He must be a girl guide, selling cookies door to door.
    hell if that's the case, I'll take a couple boxes of the maple ones

and I'll even pay MSRP

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    hell if that's the case, I'll take a couple boxes of the maple ones

and I'll even pay MSRP
    Only suckers pay retail. Those little girls aren't that strong.

just buy a used 05 - 06 ninja for like 3k or so. Your gonna ride it for one season probably anyways why waste 6k on a frickin 250?

Only suckers pay retail. Those little girls aren't that strong.

Why anyone would buy from a stealership is beyond me. I've noticed nothing but problems and headaches when buy from a dealership. The warranty always gives a hassle about what they can and can not fix. The mechanics always refuse some of the dumbest bs things that should be covered under warranty, and the work done is ****** anyway.

Paying a whole ******** of money for a bike, that you're going to end up forking more cash over to make it 'unique' is like buying the gun and bullets to shoot yourself in the foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNN View Post
    btw- bikes are dangerous, sell yours before you crash and burn to death.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    I'm looking to buy my first bike, particularly a new 2010 ninja 250. I've talked to 2 dealers so far that won't budge on the price of the bike, or accessories for it either (all i'm really after is the solo seat cowl, maybe a battery tender). I don't want to pay MSRP, and I'm getting a little tired of getting quotes over the phone and email for MSRP. I'm coming in with a offer of about $400 less than MSRP, which I'd be tickled to get. I don't really want to drive all over ontario either to talk to a dealer in person for 5 minutes to find out they won't deal with me either. I get the feeling they think I'm crazy for wanting to buy something for less than MSRP.

As much as I'd like to get riding this season, it looks more and more like I'm going to have to wait until the 2011s are in stock before they'll move on the 2010 prices. I'm not really interested in buying used since most people want almost MSRP for their 08/09's. for the extra money, I'd rather buy new and get warranty.

any tips or suggestions are appreciated.
    Yes you are

Agreed. save that money for a bigger bike later on.

get used, and then you can haggle and be frugel. find every single scratch, nick, anything.
    asking 3.5k? bet you'll get it for 3k. there's $3000 savings instead of $300.
    better yet get an older 250. it'll feel the same between your legs and hate to break it to you but you're not impressing anyone with a 250 anyways. impress poeple with your riding skills instead, and then instead of selling for a $2000 loss a year from now, sell it for what you paid.
    used is a better investment.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrebug View Post

get used, and then you can haggle and be frugel. find every single scratch, nick, anything.
    better yet get an older 250. it'll feel the same between your legs and hate to break it to you but you're not impressing anyone with a 250 anyways. impress poeple with your riding skills instead, and then instead of selling for a $2000 loss a year from now, sell it for what you paid.
    +1 Definitely good advice here! I bought my EX500 for $4400 after taxes and such earlier this year, and turned it around on a private sale for $4200; I decided I needed a bigger bike.

Had I gone and bought a new Ninja 250R it would've cost me $2000 more and I would've lost at least $1000 by selling it early.

Quote Originally Posted by fyrebug View Post

Agreed. I have ridden both, and the ZZR250 has more UMPF than the Ninja 250. Of course, they are both 250s, so there is only so much UMPF anyways.

Buy used. You will trade out of it in 1-2 years max anyways. I saw a red ZZR250 for $3k in Huntsville last week. Good starter bike for that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushii View Post
    I tried to haggle on the prices but no luck. Bought the bike for almost $6300 OTD. But i got deals on the gears. about 20% off the gears i bought, and a couple freebies like tank guards and rim tapes.
    hey sushii tell our friend what happened to your brand new pretty 250r that you bought from the dealer?

buy used, especially if you don't plan on keeping the bike long. buy one for 4k with under 10000kms then you can sell it for close to what you paid for... the more scratched up the better...
    "Bro... it's an exotic..."

SOAR Novice #37

I got my GSXR for $1400 under msrp without even haggling.
    http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/strictlye/signature.jpg

Altima SER, when I'm tired of your mom (750 in works)

Quote Originally Posted by strictlye View Post
    I got my GSXR for $1400 under msrp without even haggling.
    I'll buy one
    Got a problem with Ruthless...roll wit us or get rolled over, that's the game, the game's over

God bless stupid people, for they make us all feel better about ourselves

Quote Originally Posted by pluto.saunders View Post
    Were talking apples vrs oranges, I always get a better deal on big ticket items when dealing face to face and I've gotten better deals on ins face to face than over the phone.

Wink Re: Am I being unreasonable?

What business is done 100% face to face? I honestly can't think of a single one. Maybe Wal-mart. Not Future Shop, Home Depot, Lowe's... Even Costco has a b2b division that does phone orders, and the internet.

What line of work are you in? I assume you don't own a dealership.
    I've never purchased a bike at Wal-Mart nor Future Shop nor Costco nor Home Depot nor Lowes, didn't know they sold bikes... news to me LOL!!

Buying a bike is the topic is it not??

I've only purchased 5 new bikes and 3 used ones in the past 10 years and have never paid the asking price so I may not know what I'm talking about, YMMV