Some Pics of My Buddy @ SOAR Round 3

Thread: Some Pics of My Buddy @ SOAR Round 3

Banned

Talking Some Pics of My Buddy @ SOAR Round 3

I'm pretty happy with my first track day snaps....just thought I would share them.
    Last edited by alaywa; 09-01-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Re: Some Pics of My Buddy @ SOAR Round 3

Nice pics ... let's see some more.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

More!

Well done. Did you track him or pre-focused on a spot and hoped for the best?

Banned

Thumbs down Re: Some Pics of My Buddy @ SOAR Round 3

Quote Originally Posted by Dinh250R View Post
    More!
    Limited image space. Sorry

Banned

Lightbulb Re: Some Pics of My Buddy @ SOAR Round 3

Quote Originally Posted by mxs View Post
    Well done. Did you track him or pre-focused on a spot and hoped for the best?
    Tracked with shutter priority set at 160 if I recall correctly. 200 iso so the fstop was about 11 I think.

The slower shutter speed allows for the blurring while panning. Too slow a shutter speed and it's all a blur, too fast and the background blurring isn't enough. Took a few experimental snaps to get it right.

It would be better for post production to shoot in RAW but it process too slow with the servo and multi-shot setting, so it was high rez JPEG instead. It's slightly limiting in that respect. But I'm sure a better cam can shoot faster in RAW.

your panning technique is awesome! great crops! but the colours are a little too saturated

seriously though, let's see moar
    there is no spoon

Quote Originally Posted by alaywa View Post
    Tracked with shutter priority set at 160 if I recall correctly. 200 iso so the fstop was about 11 I think.

The slower shutter speed allows for the blurring while panning. Too slow a shutter speed and it's all a blur, too fast and the background blurring isn't enough. Took a few experimental snaps to get it right.

It would be better for post production to shoot in RAW but it process too slow with the servo and multi-shot setting, so it was high rez JPEG instead. It's slightly limiting in that respect. But I'm sure a better cam can shoot faster in RAW.
    You did well. I am not sure RAW would help you in this case as it doesn't look like you blew any highlights or WB (unless you fixed it already) colors are good (maybe a bit too saturated, so pull back in the post a bit ...) and low ISO was used (so no clean up is necessary). High speed shooting and RAW will require a pro type of cam because it needs a large internal buffer memory and fast CPU and that costs big bucks which no one will put into a prosumer cam. But I don't really see a need for it, I guess you can say I am a JPEG shooter. On the other hand I shoot Olympus, which has one of the best if not the best JPEGs out of the camera.