"Licensing Enforcement" cruisers

Thread: "Licensing Enforcement" cruisers

"Licensing Enforcement" cruisers

Commuting home down Yonge onym bicycle this evening and what I thought from afar to be a pair squad cars turned to be a pair of Malibus with 'licensing enforcement' badged all over them. They were decked out like disco balls with cherries but the officers didnt carry glocks. I stopped to ask the cabbie htf he got stopped becuase one of the guys was on the talkie yapping about a suspended license. Anyway after a shrewd "none of your business" from the cabbie and "**** you, learn to drive, you might keep your license" I was off.

Anyone know who these dudes are?

Banned

Re: "Licensing Enforcement" cruisers

http://www.toronto.ca/licensing/enforcement.htm

Licensing Enforcement
    105 The Esplanade, Main Floor
    Toronto, ON M5E 2A2
    Tel: 416-392-3000 or
    416-392-3082
    Fax: 416-392-3395
    E-mail: taxiline@toronto.ca

In this area, staff deal with the enforcement of non-stationary business licenses which includes, but is not limited to: taxicabs, pedicabs; tow trucks; limousines; hot dog and refreshment carts; driving schools (Chapter 545 – Licensing)

what happened to all the posts that were in this thread a half hour ago?

They were of no import to the original question and were directed at a single forum member. They didn't belong here.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

I thought they were enlightening

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTech View Post
    what happened to all the posts that were in this thread a half hour ago?
    They were subject to "enforcement"

lol so much enforcement in this thread.

i still dont know how these guys knew to yank that cabbie. i know OPP was supposed to experiment with plate-reading cameras that would back check the plate holders info with the system in a matter of seconds - are they cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by eng2007 View Post
    lol so much enforcement in this thread.

i still dont know how these guys knew to yank that cabbie. i know OPP was supposed to experiment with plate-reading cameras that would back check the plate holders info with the system in a matter of seconds - are they cousins?
    Given how tight the finances are with running a taxi, a great deal of the owners are leasing car time to unqualified drivers. Pull a cab overin a random check, and you might have as much as a 1/3 chance of finding someone who is not licensed to drive it. That's even better odds than uninsured motorcyclists.

For example when I was broadsided by a taxi, in 2001, the cab's ownership was to one person, the insurance was to a numbered company, and the cab was being driven by another person. If I could have gotten police to attend the scene, it might have been.... interesting.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde