Parry Sound? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parry Sound?

Re: Parry Sound?

the hundred bucks i was short would help lol just kinda sucks when your told a price to come all that way, then pay the other teams full amount, ask us if we will take less, then agree to what we talked about and still short change me

In my opinion, what's really lacking is entertainment management.

Every good act has great management behind them, that's the truth. It's 90% business, 10% entertainment. That's what this world has come to unfortunately. Less show, more business.

It'd be better to get some management, and pay them $100 for it and have nothing to worry about but riding, than to be short changed $100 and never show again, which ruins the business as a whole.

I'm not sure of the details, but if I was representing that wouldn't be happening, there would be papes to sign and people held liable.

Most organizers and spectators see stunting as a hobby, and treat it as such when it comes to compensation. A viable business product is paid for, and it's enough to cover all costs plus profit. The blame is partially to the riders who treat events as a "riding day" and not a show performance.

How much would it cost to rent some strobe lights, smoke machines, arosol cans and a lighter and put on some effects? Treat it more like a package than just a day of riding. This will allow teams to set their identity, give fans something different, and turn a profit at the same time.

My fingers hurt.

The point is, there needs to be a different mentality for stunting to become a business. Right now it's a hobby. You guys have amazing talent, but you should exploit it for $$$!

Get $.

i can see a bit of your point, but when your making peanuts to begin with, why spend it on management and renting stupid equipment? people that are hiring teams are only going to pay so much, we breaking parts, going through tires, and not to mention risking our lives alot of the time, what more do you want from a show?!?
    i was just throwing in some input to the thread about what people thought of the rally.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedIn View Post
    i gave it some time to hopefully square up but it hasnt happened, i got ripped off some money for driving six hours to do the stunt show that weekend by the guy that was running it, needless to say i wont ever be going back!
    If they pulled that with you guys, they will have a hard time getting ANY riders to go back.

Quote Originally Posted by g4getmoney View Post
    In my opinion, what's really lacking is entertainment management.

Every good act has great management behind them, that's the truth. It's 90% business, 10% entertainment. That's what this world has come to unfortunately. Less show, more business.

It'd be better to get some management, and pay them $100 for it and have nothing to worry about but riding, than to be short changed $100 and never show again, which ruins the business as a whole.

I'm not sure of the details, but if I was representing that wouldn't be happening, there would be papes to sign and people held liable.

Most organizers and spectators see stunting as a hobby, and treat it as such when it comes to compensation. A viable business product is paid for, and it's enough to cover all costs plus profit. The blame is partially to the riders who treat events as a "riding day" and not a show performance.

How much would it cost to rent some strobe lights, smoke machines, arosol cans and a lighter and put on some effects? Treat it more like a package than just a day of riding. This will allow teams to set their identity, give fans something different, and turn a profit at the same time.

My fingers hurt.

The point is, there needs to be a different mentality for stunting to become a business. Right now it's a hobby. You guys have amazing talent, but you should exploit it for $$$!

Get $.
    The guys putting on shows like that are professionals that ride everyday for a living, and have sponsorship to help them..We are amateurs with no sponsors at all, working day jobs to support our hobby. And doing little shows for fun to keep it interesting.

If they want a professional show then they need to hire professionals and pay a few thousand dollars for it. That being said most of the shows me and my friends do are small low budget or even charity events, and dont have the kind of funding it takes to bring in a professional stunt team. Thats why they contact us amateurs

Im not planning on ever making money off stunting, some free food would be nice thou!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    The guys putting on shows like that are professionals that ride everyday for a living, and have sponsorship to help them..We are amateurs with no sponsors at all, working day jobs to support our hobby.

Whether you think you can or think you can't...you're right.

-Henry Ford
    Last edited by Thatgirl; 07-28-2010 at 04:27 PM. Reason: spelling

I often forget that people have hobbies lol.

Met most of you guys and you're a good bunch of dudes, so I figured a little number talk could spark some movements, but I'm sure that horse has been beaten to death.

It's a shame Canada can't support a better professional stunt market, but we're 1/10th the population in size in comparison to US. Seems more people as a percentage ride down south also, but I don't have stats to back it up.

Anyways bruddah, keep it up on one!
    Peace.

The guys putting on shows like that are professionals that ride everyday for a living, and have sponsorship to help them..We are amateurs with no sponsors at all, working day jobs to support our hobby. And doing little shows for fun to keep it interesting.

If they want a professional show then they need to hire professionals and pay a few thousand dollars for it. That being said most of the shows me and my friends do are small low budget or even charity events, and dont have the kind of funding it takes to bring in a professional stunt team. Thats why they contact us amateurs

Im not planning on ever making money off stunting, some free food would be nice thou!

If you consider the inc amateur thats ok, but the other teams don't necessarily share the same view or goals. Stunt.ca are a professional team and some other Canadian teams are definetely working towards it.

Stunt.ca is Felix's full time job, they have multiple big ticket sponsors and are releasing a second dvd soon.

If Twisted Intentions didn't get their full rate, then the stunt community as a whole needs to make sure nobody rides for that promoter in the future, until he clears up with them.

I was told the promoter spent $7000 on the show, had a gate of less than $2000