Pennsylvania this weekend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pennsylvania this weekend

Pennsylvania this weekend

Want to go down to Penn this weekend. Anybody interested??
    I know a few really good roads but anyone that has been down and knows the area would be nice too.
    Weather is looking great and I'm needing to get out and ride. I'm thinking about leaving on Friday and returning Sunday. Not sure what time Friday but possible in the morning if I could get off work, if not then Friday after evening.
    Will be staying in the Olean area and riding in the Allegheny Forest and Susquehannock Forest area. Haven't made sleeping arrangements yet but that really wont be an issue down there.

Re: Pennsylvania this weekend

Call ahead to the Port Motel in Port Allegany (that's how its spelled). It's a half hr south of Olean, and closer to the nice roads.
    AC, tv, cable, internet, microwave and fridge. Rooms are dated but clean and stank free. Only $50 a night for 2 double beds.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    http://www.platinum-powersports.com/indexx.php
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---NEVER TRADE THE THRILLS OF LIVING FOR THE SECURITY OF EXISTENCE---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by omnivore View Post
    Call ahead to the Port Motel in Port Allegany (that's how its spelled). It's a half hr south of Olean, and closer to the nice roads.
    AC, tv, cable, internet, microwave and fridge. Rooms are dated but clean and stank free. Only $50 a night for 2 double beds.
    Thanks Scott will do. If you change your mind LMK, o and came you send me those when you get a chance? Thanks..

Sure thing:

Port Motel:
    (814) 642-7022‎ It's right on the main road running north-south thru town. A few blocks from the northern edge of town. There's a nice breakfast diner as well with good food and prices just down the road a few blocks ont he same side of the road. It looks like a barn (in shape).
    The old bugger who runs the motel is a nice guy-he even hung around witht he office open till 1030 pm as I told him I'd be late arriving on a Fri ite after work. He called my wife to see if I was still wanting a room around 10 pm, and she said I should be thewre soon. I got there a half hr later and he was all smiles.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6
    ---UNLIKE BASEBALL, FOOTBALL,BASKETBALL & GOLF, MOTORCYCLING REQUIRES 2 BALLS!---
    ---"You can’t afford not to go. We are enmeshed in the cancerous discipline of security. Before we know it our lives are gone. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or of life?" ---

Quote Originally Posted by boooya View Post
    I know a few really good roads but anyone that has been down and knows the area would be nice too.
    Weather is looking great and I'm needing to get out and ride. I'm thinking about leaving on Friday and returning Sunday. Not sure what time Friday but possible in the morning if I could get off work, if not then Friday after evening.
    Will be staying in the Olean area and riding in the Allegheny Forest and Susquehannock Forest area. Haven't made sleeping arrangements yet but that really wont be an issue down there.
    Dude! I just missed you. I was down there this past weekend.I know the area pretty well, actually. Just find any road with 3 numbers in it, like what I rode this past weekend ,666,a whole bunch over that way. Take 62 south from Hamburg, a few small towns at the top end but then it gets nice.

I have a map book at home that is nothing but page after page of bike touring routes all laid out from start to finish.Why don't you stop by " Roar on the Shore" it's a huge bike meet in Erie PA with bands, vendors ect .Just google it for info.on that, meeting a bunch of busa.orgsters down there.

You can also ride Rte 6 across,I have another book at home with landmarks and stuff about that ride. If you have 3 day, man, I would head down to SE Ohio. PM me for some KILLER roads.

And.....you can also ride over to Placid and ride the Adirondacks for the day. I was there this weekend rode the forest for six hours,it was great, no one on the roads. I was there at 6 in the am.....

Anyway, I rode the Alleghenies and the Adirondacks just this past weekend. Yeah, it was a lot of riding. Not too much info....?

I am going d
    2002 Hayabusa
    2012 Hayabusa
    2015 Hayabusa

In body: Hamilton... In spirit, Switzerland!

haha these threads rule..
    i haven't done along distance ride for 4 years now
    "Izz dangerous..... Izz dangerous not only you... but... all deh fackeen idiot who ride deh car" - Rossi, FASTER

That sounds like an awesome ride -- Enjoy!

No one wants to go ride in Penn .

I would be interested if I am not going South. May be next time.

damn you people, why is it everytime I got things going on weekend, all the nice rides comes up.

If this is the next weekend (23-25) , I do need to go to Hershey PA. Lot more nice road there.
    '02 Silver Super Blackbird
    '06 Black Bandit 650 S
    '93 Red Bandit 400
    '89 Blue CB-1 400

I would, but full weekend trips are out for me for a little while...

I know a few really good roads but anyone that has been down and knows the area would be nice too..
    I am leaving the GTA on Staurday morning and heading to Tionesta
    A ride in the park and Sunday will be canoeing on the Allegheny (free!!) Then ridiing again in the park - roads 62, 666, 555, etc.
    Monday I'm going to Centralia to smell sulfur and see the smoke from the mine fire.
    Tuesday - back to central Pa - staying in Port Allegheny - or Coudersport - or Emporium - or Ridgway - or wherever I end up.
    Wednesday - heading back to the GTA

====================================
    If our paths cross.. would we even know?
    If it were to rain - would we even go?
    If we had done it all before, would it be sensible to do some more?
    If I weren't 65 but maybe 25.. think I'd give a *****? (Oooops that doesn't rhyme!)
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

Quote Originally Posted by mototrek View Post
    I am leaving the GTA on Staurday morning and heading to Tionesta
    A ride in the park and Sunday will be canoeing on the Allegheny (free!!) Then ridiing again in the park - roads 62, 666, 555, etc.
    Monday I'm going to Centralia to smell sulfur and see the smoke from the mine fire.
    Tuesday - back to central Pa - staying in Port Allegheny - or Coudersport - or Emporium - or Ridgway - or wherever I end up.
    Wednesday - heading back to the GTA

If our paths cross.. would we even know?
    If it were to rain - would we even go?
    If we had done it all before, would it be sensible to do some more?
    If I weren't 65 but maybe 25.. think I'd give a *****? (Oooops that doesn't rhyme!)
    Holy poop, I do that route in two days. Twist the right hand a little...
    2002 Hayabusa
    2012 Hayabusa
    2015 Hayabusa

Thumbs up Re: Pennsylvania this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Does your 2 day route include a day on the Allegheny river? How much time do you spend at local points of interest? Bridges, rivers, etc and picture taking.

Here's a story.
    Two bulls are meandering down the pasture. A young one and an old one. Coming over the crest of a rise, they spot about eight cows down the way. Young bull gets all excited and says, "Hey, lets bolt down there and get us a cow!!"

Old bull retorts... "Woah... young'un... let's just walk on down there and purposely get 'em all."

Get it? Maybe you only get 2 days for your rides. When you're my age, you can get EVERY DAY!

But, you have a good 2 days.
    Pk! (aka mototrek)

Riding there towards Deals Gap next week departing Wednesday with a friend

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Shnizzle, You must ride over 100 mph steady for hrs on end.

Staying off Interstates, Bradford area to Centralia takes more than a half day-then you gotta get back. Centralia is almost to Harriburg-it's far. Add in his day of riding and canoeing in Allgheny Park, and that leaves you no time to get to and from Bradford area from the GTA.

Mototrek- at the southern end of Centraila, past the new detour loop they put in the highway, there's a berm on your right with jeep and dirtbike trails running up and over it. Pull over and take a hike up over the berm and up the old highway. It's a sight to see.
    Last edited by omnivore; 07-16-2010 at 07:22 AM.
    SOAR NOVICE#22
    www.bluestreakracing.ca
    Honda Fireblade
    KTM 950 SM
    YZF 600R
    R6

Enjoy the Ride!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mototrek View Post
    Does your 2 day route include a day on the Allegheny river? How much time do you spend at local points of interest? Bridges, rivers, etc and picture taking.

Here's a story.
    Two bulls are meandering down the pasture. A young one and an old one. Coming over the crest of a rise, they spot about eight cows down the way. Young bull gets all excited and says, "Hey, lets bolt down there and get us a cow!!"

Old bull retorts... "Woah... young'un... let's just walk on down there and purposely get 'em all."

Get it? Maybe you only get 2 days for your rides. When you're my age, you can get EVERY DAY!

But, you have a good 2 days.
    "Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every
    man's greed." ~~ Mohandas Ghandi
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

'09 Concours 14 The Ultimate Transcontinental Cruise Missile

Leaving early Sat morning if anybody still interested 7am.