RIP Lt. Col. Nancy Ouellet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Lt. Col. Nancy Ouellet

RIP Lt. Col. Nancy Ouellet

Canadian Forces Lieutenant-Colonel Nancy Ouellet was struck in a head on collision in Nevada on her Harley Davidson motorcycle when a unobservant car driver which his wife went to pass a truck.

From a Nevada area newspaper:
    An unidentified female driver of a Harley-Davidson motorcycle was killed in a head-on collision with a late Chevy Malibu, occupied by an unidentified man and woman from Washington state, around 10:30 am June 22, about four miles south of Alamo on U.S. Highway 93, near the upper lake at Pahranagat Valley Wildlife Refuge. Ages and names of the victims were not available.

The motorcycle driver only had a military ID card that was found and it did not list what town or state she was from.

Sergeant Rob Oakden of the Alamo Nevada Highway Patrol office said it appeared the northbound Washington car was attempting to pass a commercial semi-truck and did not see the on coming motorcycle. The cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. Two Mercy Air helicopters were called in from Las Vegas to transport the man and woman to UMC Trama in Las Vegas, however, the extent of their injuries is not known.

Both of the vehicles were destroyed by fire as a result of the accident and Sgt. Oakden said both the man and woman were able to get out of the car themselves before the fire occurred.

The Pahranagat Valley Volunteer Fire Department and Pahranagat Valley Ambulance responded along with Nevada Highway Patrol and Lincoln County Sheriff’s deputies. A fatal response team from NHP in Las Vegas also came to the scene to investigate ....
    From the Canadian Forces on behalf of her family:
    Lieutenant-Colonel Nancy Ouellet was killed at 41 years of age following a motorcycle accident.

LCol Ouellet served for 23 years with the Canadian Forces and garnered an impressive number of accomplishments for herself, notably as Commanding Officer of the Canadian Forces Support Unit (C) Colorado Springs, in Colorado (between 2007 and 2010).

She enjoyed volunteering and demonstrated this passion throughout each one of her assignments. Her ever-present smile shed light everywhere she went.

Fair, loyal and blessed with boundless enthusiasm, Nancy also counted adventure and motorcycle riding among her passions.

Nancy took her greatest pride in her children, Carolyn (17) and Gabriel (16), whom she adored. They will say that their mother was proud, beautiful and exceptional.

In short, Nancy was a dedicated worker who loved life and was filled with joie de vivre.

We will all miss her terribly.
    From The Canadian Press via The Hamilton Spectator:
    The Canadian Press
    OTTAWA (Jul 2, 2010)

The family of a high-ranking Canadian military officer, killed in a fiery motorcycle crash in Nevada, says she was a dedicated worker who loved life.

Lieutenant-Colonel Nancy Ouellet, 41, reportedly died instantly June 22 when her motorcycle was struck head-on by a car trying to pass a transport truck about six kilometres south of the community of Alamo.

Ouellet, a 23-year veteran of the military, had been until recently the commanding officer of the Canadian Forces Support Unit with NORAD in Colorado Springs.

Her relatives say that she took the greatest pride in her children, Carolyn, 17, and Gabriel, 16, and that she was proud, beautiful and exceptional.

Re: RIP Lt. Col. Nancy Ouellet

Very unfortunate. sounds like someone who contributed much, RIP.

Rest in Peace Lt. Col. Nancy Ouellet.
    My condolences to her family.

RIP rider.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Rip.

R.I.P. Nancy, Thanks for serving our Country!!

Moderator Moderator TheGradyTrain's Avatar

R.I.P. and thank you for your tremendous service to our country!

RIP Lt. Col. Nancy Ouellet.
    My condolences to her family.
    ~~I rather be riding my bike & thinkin of GOD than sitting in Gurdwara thinkin of my bike!!

03 SV1000s
    02 SV650s
    02 SV650s project - LF: any parts. PM pls. Thnx!
    Sold 2001 Ninja 500r

RIP. Thank you for your service and my condolences to your family and friends.

The motorcycle driver only had a military ID card that was found and it did not list what town or state she was from.
    Seriously....? It says CANADA right on it.....

Americans are easily confused when it comes anything that is not clearly american

RIP rider......

Rest in Peace.
    Vivere est vincere

RIP rider and soldier.

" Run as fast as you can, then jump and slide on the pavement. Now think of traveling at 80 MPH and doing the same. Don't be a squid, wear proper gear. "

RIP Nancy

Rest in Peace, rider. Thank you for your service
    My condolences to the Lt.-Col's family.
    "Gravity just holds me down." -- James Brown

The opinions in this post are of the author and not of any of the groups she belongs to. And are not necessarily shared by any of her friends, associates or colleagues. There. I think that covers it.

Moto-mojo: the log of a a motorcycling mobile journalist: http://moto-mojo.blogspot.com/

R.i.p

Quote Originally Posted by AlienTech View Post
    Americans are easily confused when it comes anything that is not clearly american

RIP rider......
    Seems they are equally as stupid as Canadians when it comes to driving cars.
    RIP and condolences to the family.

Rip

Riding alone? Look my profile up for our FB link to join us for rides!

RIP and Thank You.

Rest in Peace.... rider.

R.I.P. Rider Sincere condolences to her children and family.

...Then one day you realise your 'knight in shining armour' is just a retard in tinfoil.