06 mercury marauder

Thread: 06 mercury marauder

06 mercury marauder

Any one know cars? Any one know the mercury marauder? Or more where the heat sensor is on one of them. The dam ac fan keeps crapping out and last time it was the heat sensor so b4 i go spend a couple hundred bucks i'd like to take a look at it myself.
    can't sleep clown will eat me, can't sleep clown will eat me

Re: 06 mercury marauder

The A/C fan? Do you mean that the blower (fan) inside the car is not working in all positions and temps? i.e. does it work on defrost and heat?

To answer your question - the interior temperature sensor IIRC correctly is part of the circuit board on the temp control switch (assuming you have manual temp control - knob that turns from hot to cold). If it's automatic temp control then I don't know off the top of my head and would have to look it up.
    Soar # 21

Quote Originally Posted by meme View Post
    Never too old for fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    i guess not being stupid should be a prerequisite for wrenching on bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by sircastic View Post
    The A/C fan? Do you mean that the blower (fan) inside the car is not working in all positions and temps? i.e. does it work on defrost and heat?

To answer your question - the interior temperature sensor IIRC correctly is part of the circuit board on the temp control switch (assuming you have manual temp control - knob that turns from hot to cold). If it's automatic temp control then I don't know off the top of my head and would have to look it up.
    yea, the temp gauge is a button not a knob.....
    thanks

Can you explain the problem in more detail? From what I understand from your post, the blower motor has a temperature safety sensor that shuts the motor off if it gets too hot? Assuming that's correct, does it work and then stop working after running for a bit, or does it not turn on at all? Does it work on some speeds or no speeds at all?

Quote Originally Posted by regder View Post
    Can you explain the problem in more detail? From what I understand from your post, the blower motor has a temperature safety sensor that shuts the motor off if it gets too hot? Assuming that's correct, does it work and then stop working after running for a bit, or does it not turn on at all? Does it work on some speeds or no speeds at all?
    +1 answering the questions in my previous post would help narrow down the problem.
    Soar # 21

Never too old for fun.

If it's the blower motor speed controller you need, and you have automatic temperature control, it's $80 - located on the heater box, near the blower motor and not fun at all to replace.
    I work in the parts department at a Ford dealership, btw.
    2009 Hypermotard 1100

I just had it at the shop, the thermostat was broken and replaced. That was causing the car to over heat, i was also told that the heat sensor was melted. So when i turn the fan knob, the blower does not come on. I think since the heat sensor isn't working the a/c thinks its at the lowest temp so it does not come on...I know there isn't a problem with the a/c.

I hope this clears it up a bit

thanks

If you turn the 'fan knob' and nothing happens then you probably need to replace the blower resister.
    Soar # 21

Never too old for fun.

sounds like you need to take it to a shop

A little bit better, but not quite there. I'm guessing you mean the coolant temperature sensor got damaged when the car overheated? I can't see how anything related to hvac system could be damaged by the car overheating. Assuming that, I can't imagine an ECT sensor (btw, some cars have more than one ECT sensor) affecting the operation of the blower motor.

Most blower motors work on a fairly simple circuit. Normally a fuse and relay, control unit, blower motor resistor, and blower motor are the parts involved. Get the service manual and follow the circuit diagram.

Quote Originally Posted by kcalB View Post
    I just had it at the shop, the thermostat was broken and replaced. That was causing the car to over heat, i was also told that the heat sensor was melted. So when i turn the fan knob, the blower does not come on. I think since the heat sensor isn't working the a/c thinks its at the lowest temp so it does not come on...I know there isn't a problem with the a/c.

I hope this clears it up a bit

thanks

A little bit better, but not quite there. I'm guessing you mean the coolant temperature sensor got damaged when the car overheated? I can't see how anything related to hvac system could be damaged by the car overheating. Assuming that, I can't imagine an ECT sensor (btw, some cars have more than one ECT sensor) affecting the operation of the blower motor.

Most blower motors work on a fairly simple circuit. Normally a fuse and relay, control unit, blower motor resistor, and blower motor are the parts involved. Get the service manual and follow the circuit diagram.
    Sorry i'm going on what my girl friend said the mechanic said........ any way its gotta be a electrical problem as the blower turned on last night nad now works. But will probably crap out again...... Its not a big deal just when its as hot as it has been, and the cars black with black leather seats, I put my arm out the window when i smoke and literally burn myself LOL

If it's working on and off I'd bet on the blower motor, Not the relay.

Saw a Marauder Thursday morning in Port Perry being used as a tow vehicle putting their boat in Lake Scugog.

Sure this post doesn't help your fan issue but........
    2006 GSXR 1000
    2007 GSXR 600 (track - sold)

PM me if you have a good track bike for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwrkr13 View Post
    Saw a Marauder Thursday morning in Port Perry being used as a tow vehicle putting their boat in Lake Scugog.

Sure this post doesn't help your fan issue but........
    LOL fair nuff. Its a sweet car for sure. It will keep up with my bike upto about 60 or 70, if you don't spin the tires. which can be tricky off the start. not to mention steel frame......If some one hits me or i hit some one....i'm good to go as to the other person well....fiberglass....steel...you be the judge....Guess i gotta check the motor then thanks for all the advice i didn't know if people would shun me for asking about cars. cars can be fun too, I just like 2 wheels better