help getting my first insurance for my first bike

Thread: help getting my first insurance for my first bike

help getting my first insurance for my first bike

hello.
    I just talked to someone from state farm today; I was trying to get a quote.
    I got the information that I needed, but the representative said that I will have a problem in obtaining the insurance because i got my G1 less then 5 years ago. He said that they can't offer me any insurance until i have 5 years on my G1. He also said that most probably any other insurance company would turn me down because of the same condition.

Does anyone know how I can get insurance before i accumulate 5 years? Any way to bypass this condition? Or any insurance company that doesn't have this condition - I haven't yet checked with another insurance company, so at this point I am assuming he was telling the truth.

Any word of advice on how to get this insurance now?!

thank you

Re: help getting my first insurance for my first bike

How old are you? What type of bike? Have you tried Jevco?

Quote Originally Posted by 2oua View Post
    hello.
    I just talked to someone from state farm today; I was trying to get a quote.
    I got the information that I needed, but the representative said that I will have a problem in obtaining the insurance because i got my G1 less then 5 years ago. He said that they can't offer me any insurance until i have 5 years on my G1. He also said that most probably any other insurance company would turn me down because of the same condition.

Does anyone know how I can get insurance before i accumulate 5 years? Any way to bypass this condition? Or any insurance company that doesn't have this condition - I haven't yet checked with another insurance company, so at this point I am assuming he was telling the truth.

Any word of advice on how to get this insurance now?!

thank you
    2006 Black Tribal Honda CBR600RR - Current
    2008 Suzuki GSX650F - SOLD
    1992 Kawasaki Ninja 500 - SOLD

2006 Acura TSX 6MT
    2002 Honda S2000

I am 22, ninja 250r brand new.. and I not have not tried Jevco. Should I try it?

Krauser

Yeah, they're probably the only ones to give you a decent quote.

yes
    Well-weathered leather
    Hot metal and oil
    The scented country air
    Sunlight on chrome
    The blur of the landscape
    Every nerve aware

Rush - Red Barchetta

Please look through stickies before posting . . .
    http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...d.php?t=111466
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Jevco and TD would be your best bet.

how does this keep happening? is everyone else made of money that they can buy the bike before even asking what insurance costs?

08 MOTO GUZZI 1200 Sport
    07 SV1000ST 36,000kms **SOLD**

Quote Originally Posted by Skurj View Post
    how does this keep happening? is everyone else made of money that they can buy the bike before even asking what insurance costs?
    Because people assume bike insurance would be less than a car. At least i did until i got a quote :\ and of course impatient. If you have a bike, you have to get insurance. If you don't well you can wait.

I think that many people don't think of insurance as a part of purchasing a bike. Then all of a sudden when the bike is ready to be delivered, the dealership asks for the insurance info to plate the bike. “Insurance???? F*** …” Then they scramble to look for coverage.

I'm guessing that planning for the future is not the forté of people in this group. Carpe diem can come back to bite you.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2oua View Post
    I am 22, ninja 250r brand new.. and I not have not tried Jevco. Should I try it?
    Im sure Jevco wants you to have 1 year experience. You're only best option would be state farm or suck it up and go with kingsway. After a year under your belt, should have more options open like Jevco.

Call some state farm agents like Mike Francis (you can find him at the top banner of this site) and Avi Singh. See whats up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Ducati View Post
    Im sure Jevco wants you to have 1 year experience. You're only best option would be state farm or suck it up and go with kingsway. After a year under your belt, should have more options open like Jevco.

Call some state farm agents like Mike Francis (you can find him at the top banner of this site) and Avi Singh. See whats up.
    Actually 1 year experience is if you're under 21. If you're over 21 I think you get the discounted rate (please correct me if I'm wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Actually 1 year experience is if you're under 21. If you're over 21 I think you get the discounted rate (please correct me if I'm wrong)
    Eligibility criteria is more strict when you are under 21, but regardless of your age, you require one full year of motorcycle insurance before you can get the "experienced" rate, which tends to be about 40% less than the non-experienced rate.

Quote Originally Posted by LiNK666 View Post
    Wrong, you require 1 year regardless to get full discounts.

Gotcha thanks!