New Female Rider - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Female Rider

Re: New Female Rider

Quote Originally Posted by Danny D View Post
    The rider training course (M1 Exit) gives you at least 1 season of experience. a GS500F would be perfect for you. The 250 is slow and you might grow out of it fast.

Good Luck!

DannyD
    I totally agree, I took the CMA course last Sept and bought a 2007 CBR 125, Outgrew it within 2 months. You'll be surprised how under powered a 125 or 250 is. Not really for highway use, its hard to get out of a situation if it presents itself with small engines. Unless your looking for just a commuter bike for your first season.

Hello Miss Special!

Woodbridge Represent!

Welcome!!!!! Ride safe and cya around!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnhartp View Post
    I totally agree, I took the CMA course last Sept and bought a 2007 CBR 125, Outgrew it within 2 months. You'll be surprised how under powered a 125 or 250 is. Not really for highway use, its hard to get out of a situation if it presents itself with small engines. Unless your looking for just a commuter bike for your first season.
    Ya you guys are right! I'm looking for a 500.

Female riders get more welcomes than male riders ---- All the female riders should introduce themselves...

Hey Miss

Quote Originally Posted by Barnhartp View Post
    Don't listen to this nonsense above. This person is judging their opinion based on one model. The Ninja 250r has more than enough power. Do some research online and you will see.

I own an 09 250R and it great on the highway. 0-100 km/h in about 6 to 6.5 secs. Top speed 175 km/h...More than enough...

Quote Originally Posted by 250R-ICE View Post
    Don't listen to this nonsense above. This person is judging their opinion based on one model. The Ninja 250r has more than enough power. Do some research online and you will see.

I own an 09 250R and it great on the highway. 0-100 km/h in about 6 to 6.5 secs. Top speed 175 km/h...More than enough...
    Because the almighty internet is all knowing, and always tells the truth.

Numbers mean nothing. The feeling you get personally from riding the bike means everything.

Try out different bikes to see what suits you. If you like speed and feel like you can handle a fast bike, you may grow out of a 250 really quick. If you are like the people who buy a bike to look cool, then a 250 is perfect for you, and you should never go any higher.

Btw, why would my post about 2-upping get deleted? For shame.
    Quote Originally Posted by FUNN View Post
    btw- bikes are dangerous, sell yours before you crash and burn to death.

Welcome, another female rider here. I'm your age :P not quite in the same area. I'm in Mississauga, pm me if you wanna ride.

Yamaha YZF600 '95 *Sold*
    Looking for my next bike...

welcome..

Quote Originally Posted by jibbijib View Post
    Because the almighty internet is all knowing, and always tells the truth.

Numbers mean nothing. The feeling you get personally from riding the bike means everything.

Try out different bikes to see what suits you. If you like speed and feel like you can handle a fast bike, you may grow out of a 250 really quick. If you are like the people who buy a bike to look cool, then a 250 is perfect for you, and you should never go any higher.

Btw, why would my post about 2-upping get deleted? For shame.
    Some of us don't actually buy bikes to just look cool. We actually consider numerous facters when chosing a bike. The reason I posted those figures was to give a perspective of the approx. real life acceleration and top speed of that bike. Alot of newer riders dont have a grasp on the performance of a bike and listen to people who may never have riden the bike. When I say do some research online, I meant go to reputable sources. There a numerous publications, online magazines, sites, etc that give unbiased reviews. (postive and negative comments).

But I do agree with your recommendation about trying different bikes and see what suits you. Except when it comes to bikes that may be more difficult than taking a car for a test drive.

There are also alot of other factors a new rider should consider:
    - bike reliabilty
    - insurance
    - ease of handling
    - cost of the bike
    - resale value , and whether it will be an easy model to trade in or sell when and if the time comes to move on.

Good luck in you choice OP...

Motorcycles don't kill people. People kill people.

90% of motorcycle accidents could have been avoided if the motorcyclist or driver that hit the motorcyclist were following the rules of the road or speed limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny D View Post
    90% of motorcycle accidents could have been avoided if the motorcyclist or driver that hit the motorcyclist were following the rules of the road or speed limits.
    lol. Funny quote from the peel region cops that pulled me over tonight...

Cop: "If you stuck to the speed limit you'd die a lot less!"
    Me: "But I've only died twice!"
    Cop laughs for like 5 mins... "I was talking about motorcycle riders in general. That was pretty funny. Keep it a little slower next time, see ya..."

Wow, never ever been let off with anything from those peel region bastards. I was super hoping she wasn't going to give me a ticket, that courthouse on Eglington/Black Creek is an absolute hellhole

EDIT: Oh, and welcome

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 07-09-2010 at 02:05 AM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...

if u ever get ur bike, im always happy to ride with a fellow younge female

Welcome
    " Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul "

Thanks everyone!

I'm still searching for a bike. Either 250R or 500R which I prefer. I'll let everyone know what I get and when we'll be riding together

Quote Originally Posted by miss_special View Post
    Thanks everyone!

I'm still searching for a bike. Either 250R or 500R which I prefer. I'll let everyone know what I get and when we'll be riding together

Welcome!

Try looking at the bikes in the buffalo (and other) craigslist...U.S bikes generally have lower millage and are cheaper cause of the current exchange rate being almost on par!

Finally found a bike that I like! '01 Ninja 250.

Congratulations on the new bike~and welcome!

Congrats on the new bike. My gf started on a zzr 250 and then after 1 season she got an SV650. She is 27.
    2004 SV650S
    2005 SV650

Always to be there with us