Official Carb to Fuel Injection Thread. (machinist and fabricator input very welcome) - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official Carb to Fuel Injection Thread. (machinist and fabricator input very welcome)

Re: Official Carb to Fuel Injection Thread. (machinist and fabricator input very welc

I don't think contact cement will withstand long-term contact with gasoline.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    I don't think contact cement will withstand long-term contact with gasoline.
    Any suggestions on what I can use?

Re: Official Carb to Fuel Injection Thread. (machinist and fabricator input very welc

Design it in such a way that you don't have to glue anything together.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    Design it in such a way that you don't have to glue anything together.
    I can always put a steel ring and there and clamp to that, but I thought glueing my actually provide a better seal than clamping alone. I ordered some R1 boots I should get by next week I'll experiment with this.

Quote Originally Posted by bitzz View Post
    If I were trying to setup and tune a new FI setup I would want a heck of a lot more info than just AF ratio.

I use a Innovate LM2 with a SSI.
    2x O2, map,3x rpm, 2x fuel pressure... 32 inputs.
    Not a lot more money than a LC1... and it outputs to a SD card or a computer.

I buy Innovate from Bob Perkin's auto 905 565 9947. He has an 'in" at Motorstate and can usually undercut most prices... and he's one of my sponsors.
    ....oh and Innovate has no stock on LC1.
    I dunno what the deal is I called him like 5 times yesterday and again this morning. He doesn't pick up the phone. I might have to go with ebay guy instead. Thanks.

Ok so I ****ed up. The frame is a little righter at the top than it is at the bottom. I got some all threaded rod and respaced the throttlebodies to match the cylinder head however there is no way to get it to fit the frame rails reasonably in a way that I can remove it for maintenance and such. So again I am back to the custom intake runner idea that converge in the middle.

But here is a question for you guys, if I do a carbon lay-up for the intake manifolds what would be a good way to manufacture this with soem repeatability? Is there is a watersoluble moldable materials I can make intakes manifold out of and then lay my carbon on, vaccuum bag and then one dry just wash the material out? Is that a way to do it? Any better ideas? Would machining manifolds from aluminum blocks be better? The only problem with that is that they will be angled which = big money on a CNC machine...

Done

Congratulations! Hours of calibration ahead ... but it works!

Pics on progress and outcome?
    Resident Loudmouth