Cowies Rd, Georgian Bay?

Thread: Cowies Rd, Georgian Bay?

Cowies Rd, Georgian Bay?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=c...ed=0CBUQ8gEwAA

Hey guys, does anyone know this road? What are the conditions?

It seems like it's paved, can anyone confirm?

Thinking of including this in the route on the way up to the bike rally., got a nice 330km route planned so far I'm going to embark on!

Also, adding a few more roads along the way, please share your experience(s) and recommendation(s).

Healey Lake Rd
    http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=healey%20lake%20rd%2C%20ontario&um=1&hl=en& gl=ca&ndsp=21&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il
    Last edited by g4getmoney; 06-30-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Re: Cowies Rd, Georgian Bay?

I don't know about that one, but it branches off of Go Home Lake road, which is paved, and is an interesting detour.

Cowies Rd is not paved. It is also a private, so don't expect any positive treatment from the locals. I used to ride my ATV with my son and we stopped a few times to find out who we were. Muskoka 38 is still the 1st choice for a great paved trip. Once you hit Bala, you have lots of choices to get back to the 400.

Thanks for the feedback, just saw it on the map and it seemed like paradise.

I'm not going to lead a group of people through a private sand road, but I must admit, I'm going up on my own one of these days to explore, "woops I took the wrong turn" type of explore.

All the Bala roads are covered on the way up and then back home, incl 38, but this Cowies Rd just seemed extra special.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyboytp View Post
    Cowies Rd is not paved. It is also a private, so don't expect any positive treatment from the locals. I used to ride my ATV with my son and we stopped a few times to find out who we were. Muskoka 38 is still the 1st choice for a great paved trip. Once you hit Bala, you have lots of choices to get back to the 400.

The road conditions deteriorate on the west side of the 400 from 38. I've been thru there but never turned down that road, i can't remember why but possible because it wasn't paved. I've explored most of the roads up there, I'll go up and check it out tomorrow.

Was up there this morning and made it a point to go check out this road. Anything West of the 400 on GoHomeLake Rd. is not for bikes! And Cowies Rd is not even a good dirt road, its more of a 4X4 road.

I've been on Healey Lake Road and I liked it... Tight turns and elevation changes. My buddy didn't like it though because of the type of pavement it was...
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

I am the Cowie behind Cowies RD. As noted on the Muskoka Rd 38 sign it says PVT. That means PRIVATE.

We built this at our own expense, we pay entirely for maintenance.
    We do not want anyone who doesn't pay for the road using it. Think of it as your driveway

We attempt to have anyone trespassing charged

You live in Canada man, Land of the Free.
    Unless it is your personal property and you pay property taxes on it .

Quote Originally Posted by decee View Post
    I am the Cowie behind Cowies RD. As noted on the Muskoka Rd 38 sign it says PVT. That means PRIVATE.

We built this at our own expense, we pay entirely for maintenance.
    We do not want anyone who doesn't pay for the road using it. Think of it as your driveway

We attempt to have anyone trespassing charged

Now that you are making an issue of it, more may venture to see it. Your road access does not allow you to restrict who uses the road.

You are almost as bad as the idiot who attempted to kick us off his island when we were taking refuge from a storm on Georgian Bay.
    Last edited by STARSHIP; 07-10-2010 at 06:37 PM.
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

We do pay taxes on it and you are not welcome. We lease the land from the government and it is considered private property. I would hope the moderator of this site is NOT endorsing trespassing and will have it removed

Quote Originally Posted by decee View Post
    We do pay taxes on it and you are not welcome. We lease the land from the government and it is considered private property. I would hope the moderator of this site is NOT endorsing trespassing and will have it removed
    Whatever man, the topic was already finished to you came in here and reopened it with your 2 posts just to make are arse of yourself. I doubt very much that you have the deed to that land.
    And don`t worry yourself no one is interested in going up to visit you as you obviously have very poor people skills. Hey and remember keep it in the family YeeeHaaa.

Claudio, hit the gas if you hear the banjo music

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    Claudio, hit the gas if you hear the banjo music

Group ride to Mr Cowies cottage!!!!

I like chicken burgers, and Stella Artois

(Disclaimer: the fore mentioned statement was a joke intended to cause laughter, and enjoyment, a destination to which a private road cannot be built)
    Last edited by g4getmoney; 07-10-2010 at 11:32 PM.